Global test market redeem problem?

rtsl35

i haven't received mine.. it's only been 4 days though.

Last time I got the amazon the same day. I redeemed yesterday for 2 amazons and am not waiting also.... :cry:

I've been finding that some survey sites are starting to charge for PayPal to recoup the cost. PayPal charges businesses 2.9% of the transaction plus $0.30. That works out to about $1.75 per 1100 point ($50) cash out. Plus the other post which mentioned another company (Lightspeed or something?) being a middle-company, the $2.27 (44 points = $2) GTM is now charging makes sense- but they really need to write that out and not rely on us to do the math.

Looks like I'll be relying on a paper check still... I wonder how much their overhead is for the paper, ink, envelope, stamp and person to process it is? Oh, it must be the 90 point difference between the 1010 that I cashed out (by check) in June and the 1100 I'll need to cash out with now.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but at least iPoll/surveyhead had changed their Terms of Service to reflect the charge they are inflicting on us.

I've been finding that some survey sites are starting to charge for PayPal to recoup the cost. PayPal charges businesses 2.9% of the transaction plus $0.30. That works out to about $1.75 per 1100 point ($50) cash out. Plus the other post which mentioned another company (Lightspeed or something?) being a middle-company, the $2.27 (44 points = $2) GTM is now charging makes sense- but they really need to write that out and not rely on us to do the math.

Looks like I'll be relying on a paper check still... I wonder how much their overhead is for the paper, ink, envelope, stamp and person to process it is? Oh, it must be the 90 point difference between the 1010 that I cashed out (by check) in June and the 1100 I'll need to cash out with now.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but at least iPoll/surveyhead had changed their Terms of Service to reflect the charge they are inflicting on us.

I don't mind this with Global test Market because to me, they give very reasonable surveys and pay well for each survey and the length.

I don't mind this with Global test Market because to me, they give very reasonable surveys and pay well for each survey and the length.

I agree in general, I'm just frustrated with the terms changing and us not being informed. These companies are in business to make money, I get that. And to pass the overhead on to us makes sense... I'd just like to know. iPoll/Surveyhead kept increasing their cash out threshold almost monthly and then started to charge for PayPal, all without informing us- just surprise! you can't cash out with $25!, then surprise! you can't cash out with $35! I'm working up to my $50 and then will probably cancel before they increase it to surprise! $100

So, anyway, I'm a little frustrated with it. Global Test Market hasn't lost me either. I still like them and may even use the PayPal option... :)

• 2 years later...

I liked GTM at first but now, not so much.  It takes forever to qualify, and forever to reach the point threshold to cash out. For only 35 market points for 25 minutes, I'm sorry, too much time for too little value

• 1 year later...

I agree its really complicated, I tried to cash out to my paypal as have over a 1000 points now and when I click on paypal icon after pressed redeem button, it goes to another thing, there are no instructions on how to do this you have to work it all out yourself. I am also new to the site. I am not even sure if I am doing it correctly.,

I am getting the same problem, have 1000 points and being told same, cant redeem it to money to paypal, I mean what is it with these survey sites, they simply was all the work but no payment, just using people for their time for nothing or what. 

• 3 months later...

Whenever I try to redeem my rewards, the Global Test Market site kicks me out. I've got over 6000 Life Points. I've tried requesting my password, but they only send me the one I have, which kicks me out again. I've tried asking for help 3 times and never gotten a response. Is this a scam?