Pinecone Research PayPal

turkermom

Hey everyone,

I was wondering who has set up PayPal for Pinecone Research? This seems to be a long process, but I finally, supposedly, got it set up, but when I go to cash out using the cash payout option, I don't see anything that references PayPal. Karen said in the email verifying that she'd set things up that using the Cashout option IS PayPal, but I'm leery. So, who's had experience with this? I don't want to trigger another check. I want PayPal and am not sure when I'll get another survey request.

it's under "Featured Awards' near the bottom on the left sidebar. And yes--it's the 'cash' option. I've cashed out like this quite a few times. It's legit. Don't worry about it.

it's under "Featured Awards' near the bottom on the left sidebar. And yes--it's the 'cash' option. I've cashed out like this quite a few times. It's legit. Don't worry about it.

So, when you cash out, it never says PayPal? I've pretended to cash out up to the point of submitting and the last screen still has my physical address and no mention at all of PayPal.

Since I went onto the site to confirm what I remembered, I decided to cashout my 600 points for $6. IIRC during the process there was no mention of Paypal specificially. Here is what my email confirmation states:

PAYPAL DEPOSITS

If you are currently signed up for PayPal deposits for the cash option, please allow 1-3 business days for the deposit to be placed into your PayPal account. Notification of payment will be emailed from [email protected].

If your previous payments were received via check and you would like to take advantage of PayPal, please email Nielsen at [email protected].

This is what the FAQ's on the site state:

How do I select the cash out option?

Follow steps to redeem your rewards. Once logged into the reward site, under Departments List in the left column, click Featured Awards then select Cash Out option from the list. Click the Cash Option at the bottom of the list then select the quantity of $3 amounts you wish to redeem. If you receive payment via Everywhere Reward™ Debit MasterCard®, funds will continue to be loaded onto your card. If you are currently receiving PayPal payments, then you will be able to continue receiving PayPal payments with the Cash Option. Please note that if you request multiple cash payments it will be combined and issued as one payment for your convenience (i.e. 3 x payment will be one payment of $9). Click on "add to cart" and click "checkout" to complete your order.

If you've already emailed Karen to get set-up with PayPal there shouldn't be a problem. Relax.

If you've already emailed Karen to get set-up with PayPal there shouldn't be a problem. Relax.

Me? Relax? OK, if I must.

Thanks for the information. I still think it's odd that PayPal isn't mentioned. :?

Me? Relax? OK, if I must.

Thanks for the information. I still think it's odd that PayPal isn't mentioned. :?

I think it's because different panelists have different cash-out methods. I know I didn't 'choose' PayPal, and before Pinecone changed a few months ago I had no choice afaik about accepting Paypal payments. (iow under the 'old' Pinecone I was only paid via PayPal). Then I guess they amalgamated a bunch of different respondent groups under one site and pay them cash using their former method as a default. If you want to change, you have to inform them it seems.

So they aren't going to use PayPal on the site specifically because not everyone received payments thru Paypal when they cashed out. It's understandable imo. Not a big deal. Maybe a bit confusing, but if you're worried about the procedure, just cash out 300 points/$3 as a test. If you have more in your account, cash it later out after you're convinced there won't be any problems.

it takes a bit longer to go thru the process of choosing your preferred cashout now, but since im getting a little used to it, its not so bad. just a little annoying to have to go thru all the steps. when ya think about it, its better this way than for for them not to give us any option at all i guess.

update: I got a notice from PayPal this morning that the money was sent from Pinecone into my PP account. No problems.

Me too! Thanks for helping me through my trepidations. :oops: