Surveys drying up?

Elwood33

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a lack of surveys over the past 2 weeks? (OO, Ipoll, GTM to name a few).

What would you say your best overall site is at the moment in terms of amount of surveys with fair value? I'm not sure on this one anymore for myself, maybe Web Perspectives.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rosiesmom

• footfree

• 1957horses

• Huntress

yep. surveys drying up for me too. barely anything from Opinion Outpost, my main money-maker. I used to complete many surveys each day and racked up 100 points in 7-10 days without a problem. The surveys I do get from OO are mostly 5 points. The 'take a survey' link now only shows this:

We're sorry but there are no new surveys available at this time.

Your opinion is always important to us!

Would you like to receive more surveys relevant to you? All you have to do is update your member profile!

Update Profile!

Your Opinion Matters.

virtually zilch from Valued Opinions--I'd be lucky if I got as much as a single invitation in 2 weeks--and even when I do get them, I'm quickly booted because either I never seem to qualify or the survey is full.

Pinecone I used to get at least 2-3 surveys a month. Now it would take me 4-6 months to complete that many.

In case you missed it, Tellwut is now only letting you submit 2 surveys a week instead of 3.

I think all these companies are pushing it to the limit trying to save money. They're either charging fees to cash out. Offering lower rewards and now maybe they're trying to use fewer respondents per survey. I would think the level would be set by the survey creator, but I bet the survey sites offer appealing rates for fewer respondents--you know "well, if you want 1000 respondents, it's going to cost you $X, but for 500 respondents, you'd only have to pay $Y"

I get that crap too, even though I just got the email.

We're sorry but there are no new surveys available at this time.

Your opinion is always important to us!

Would you like to receive more surveys relevant to you? All you have to do is update your member profile!

Update Profile!

Your Opinion Matters.

You know it is bad when you go from site to site and there will be 7-8 surveys available and you get dq'd from all of them. I haven't heard from Epoll in months. I will never cash out with them again. I was going to just leave, but I still had some points pending and thought I would donate those. I used to get a gift card from them every 3 months or so. Yeh, I am not getting as many from Pinecone, but they still pay better. I have tried to get into one of the focus groups, but that is not happening for me. Those pay pretty darned good if you can get into one.

Been a really slow week here. Didn't even get the usual two from Pinecone.

Lots of invites from GTM, but at least 1/3 of them were the new "30 sweepstakes entry" trap. I did ONE of those, since somebody else here suggested that you might get more invites after that. Didn't happen :(

Opinion outposts have sent mostly "bait and switch" invites.... where the invite says something like "25 points/10 minutes" and then the actual survey comes up 5 points/20 minutes. Uh.... I don't think so.

Ipsos has had the most traffic from me this week, including 2 surveys @200 points each that they're trying to "dispute" so even that adds up to a bad week.

Irony in all of this is Pinecone sending out emails that they are "expanding". Which would imply that they still have more surveys than they do people to do them. But you would never know it, at least this week......

Ipsos has had the most traffic from me this week, including 2 surveys @200 points each that they're trying to "dispute" so even that adds up to a bad week.

On the 11th of July I took a survey for them and it froze in the middle.I emailed them and they resent the survey ,I finished but I didn't receive my 90 points.I have emailed them on 3 separate occasions asking for my points and this is their last reply.Seemed rude and really over 2 weeks to get this issue resolved seems ridiculous.What I really think they are doing is giving me the run around.But what they don't know is that I wont stop until I get what they owe me.I've done it in the past and I will l continue,just on principal alone.Here's their response.......

We are still working on fixing the issue and as I’ve mentioned previously, you will receive the corresponding number of points if you have completed the survey.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Sarah

Ipsos i-say Panel Team

P.S. I received the 2 200 points surveys you talked about.I got the points for one of them and the other I didn't qualify for.If you want your points hound them till they give them otherwise they'll give you the run around.

You know it is bad when you go from site to site and there will be 7-8 surveys available and you get dq'd from all of them. I haven't heard from EPoll in months. I will never cash out with them again. I was going to just leave, but I still had some points pending and thought I would donate those. I used to get a gift card from them every 3 months or so. Yeh, I am not getting as many from Pinecone, but they still pay better. I have tried to get into one of the focus groups, but that is not happening for me. Those pay pretty darned good if you can get into one.

Funny you should mention Epoll. Nothing from them since February, and then today I got a survey (enough to cash out), and an e-mail saying "we haven't heard from you in a while. Log in or be dumped (I'm paraphrasing, of course)." They say to keep active you must do one survey a month, but when they only send them out every 5 months, how is that possible? Who the heck is running these places?

I have even updated my profile and still nothing since 5-17. I have 1100 points which isn't a lot, but I used to do quite well with this site. Guess I am out of the demo that they are looking for. I might just go ahead and pack it up and get out of that one. I said that last time and by golly I got a survey just a day or so later.

I have even updated my profile and still nothing since 5-17. I have 1100 points which isn't a lot, but I used to do quite well with this site. Guess I am out of the demo that they are looking for. I might just go ahead and pack it up and get out of that one. I said that last time and by golly I got a survey just a day or so later.

Me too I think. Unless I take up drinking and/or having a baby (not gonna happen at my age), then I'm out of the groups they want. I think the only thing that 'saves' me is owning both my own house ('detached single-family'--ha ha--I know most of you *get* that) and my own business.

I'll tell you those business-owner surveys that occasionally appear on iPoll pay well and don't take long. But I rarely see any of those either and I'd say at least half I get d/q'ed from. One survey makes up for missing a few (they range in pay from $4 to $8 for less than 15 minutes).

I concur. My inbox used to be flooded daily and recently I've seen a dramatic fall off. My advice is to be patient and if you find and sign up for a dozen or more something will always be out there for you. I personally can think of half a dozen right away that rarely fail. The quality has also been an issue but again patience is key. Sometimes you miss the boat and they've received enough test subject matter for the better companies/products we all like. I do also know sites with good prime cash surveys and huge selection. So are they drying up? No I don't think so. If you've been doing this so have others and people talk. I feel like the niche is being flooded by "on the fencers" and after most don't follow through daily or at all the quantity and quality will return. I would strongly recommend getting yourself spread around because as the niche floods so too can you flood yourself through it.

I'll tell you those business-owner surveys that occasionally appear on iPoll pay well and don't take long. But I rarely see any of those either and I'd say at least half I get d/q'ed from. One survey makes up for missing a few (they range in pay from $4 to $8 for less than 15 minutes).

Have you heard of Socratic Forum -they sometimes have ones for people who own their own business.I just received a $10 survey for 15 minutes.They credit your account immediately after taking the survey.It takes about 4 weeks to get your check from them but they always pay and I have had not one problem with them. Plus there is another one -plaza research.I haven't taken any of their business surveys because I don't have a brick and mortar business so I assume they don't want me.I'm self employed and work in peoples homes.However they do send me survey and or focus groups to do on a regular basis (plaza)does.

Have you heard of Socratic Forum -they sometimes have ones for people who own their own business.I just received a $10 survey for 15 minutes.They credit your account immediately after taking the survey.It takes about 4 weeks to get your check from them but they always pay and I have had not one problem with them. Plus there is another one -plaza research.I haven't taken any of their business surveys because I don't have a brick and mortar business so I assume they don't want me.I'm self employed and work in peoples homes.However they do send me survey and or focus groups to do on a regular basis (plaza)does.

No I haven't heard of Socratic Forum, but I'll definitely check it out. My business actually is a brick-and-mortar (though I mostly telecommute and work from my home office while others are working in the commercial location). Thanks for mentioning it.

ETA: I joined this morning!

Yes for sure they are drying up.I would say right now for me Harris Poll,GTM,Ipsos and Gongo.But by no means am I getting a survey from any of them everyday.

Interesting. Maybe when one person gets "fewer surveys" someone else gets more. For me, I get like 3 Harrispoll's a day and like 5-6 global test markets (and 75% I always qualify) :roll: