Consumer Opinion Institute Invite to join

yobry1

Anyone hear of this survey panel? I've only found 3 "user" reviews for it(sorry but reviews from website admins don't count in my book), 2 bad ,1 good.

Yes they are legit. They send paper surveys through the mail usually with a $5 bill included. I average either one or two a month but some months don't get one at all. The surveys can be long, 30 to 45 minutes, so be sure you don't mind working for that much compensation before joining.

I think I'll pass on it, I did read on another thread, they can take up to an hour to complete. Anymore than 30 mins is a waste of time to me.

When I clicked on the link it asked age, sex and if I was hispanic, then it went to toluna.com.

Same here but it sent me to Global Test Market.

Consumer Opinion Institute is one of the places for which I did surveys a long time ago. I saw the name mentioned here on this board a while back and thought, "Where have I heard of COI before?" I suddenly realized that I had done paper surveys for them many, many years ago -- before I had a computer at home -- at the same time I was doing My Survey surveys on paper too (when they were NFO). Even back then, COI always put actual cash in the envelopes. For some reason or another I had dropped them or they dropped me -- I guess I must have skipped a survey or two but I don't remember the circumstances -- and I forgot all about them until I saw the name here on this site.

So a few months ago I went online and re-signed up. Sure enough, about one month later I got a survey in the telltale white envelope and there was a crisp $5 bill inside. The survey was on the long side (I think the booklet was maybe 16 or 17 pages?), but it moved quickly. I suddenly remembered doing their surveys and opening those envelopes with small bits of cash in the old days. It was fun!

About 2 weeks ago, I got another telltale envelope in the mail from COI. Again, $5 was enclosed (though not a crisp bill this time, darn it). However, this survey was -- in my opinion -- very hard to get through. Supposedly it was going to take me an hour without breaks. I would venture to say that it took much more than one hour, all tolled (not counting breaks). The print was very small in some spots, and it was all very close together, with narrow columns and grids, and very redundant. There were something like 21 pages. It was tough to get through without giving up. I felt that it was more of a $10 survey rather than a $5 survey. I was ready to give up on it because it was soooo long, but I finally managed to finish it because I knew that it would mean getting more envelopes with cash in the future.

So I would say that this is a good place to join if you like doing long surveys on paper and making little bits of cash. I think some people will be able to roll with it and some won't be able to handle it, even for the cash.

Consumer Opinion Institute is one of the places for which I did surveys a long time ago. I saw the name mentioned here on this board a while back and thought, "Where have I heard of COI before?" I suddenly realized that I had done paper surveys for them many, many years ago -- before I had a computer at home -- at the same time I was doing My Survey surveys on paper too (when they were NFO). Even back then, COI always put actual cash in the envelopes. For some reason or another I had dropped them or they dropped me -- I guess I must have skipped a survey or two but I don't remember the circumstances -- and I forgot all about them until I saw the name here on this site.

So a few months ago I went online and re-signed up. Sure enough, about one month later I got a survey in the telltale white envelope and there was a crisp $5 bill inside. The survey was on the long side (I think the booklet was maybe 16 or 17 pages?), but it moved quickly. I suddenly remembered doing their surveys and opening those envelopes with small bits of cash in the old days. It was fun!

About 2 weeks ago, I got another telltale envelope in the mail from COI. Again, $5 was enclosed (though not a crisp bill this time, darn it). However, this survey was -- in my opinion -- very hard to get through. Supposedly it was going to take me an hour without breaks. I would venture to say that it took much more than one hour, all tolled (not counting breaks). The print was very small in some spots, and it was all very close together, with narrow columns and grids, and very redundant. There were something like 21 pages. It was tough to get through without giving up. I felt that it was more of a $10 survey rather than a $5 survey. I was ready to give up on it because it was soooo long, but I finally managed to finish it because I knew that it would mean getting more envelopes with cash in the future.

So I would say that this is a good place to join if you like doing long surveys on paper and making little bits of cash. I think some people will be able to roll with it and some won't be able to handle it, even for the cash.

You should try Tellwut you can usually receive a 10.00 amazon every 2 or 3 weeks they are listed on SP

I thought I would give this site a try but when I tried to join it took me to the Toluna site.whats up with that.

Are you going to this page? - http://consumeropinioninstitute.com/ind ... =Main.join

In the small print at the bottom of the home page, it does say that Toluna manages COI, so that explains the connection. But COI seems to operate independently -- you may continue to get those annoying Toluna surveys in email but COI seems to rely heavily on sending the envelopes with cash via the USPS. I am thinking that if COI is still sending out envelopes with cash after all these years (and I can't even remember which year it was when I first did their surveys long ago, but probably about 9-11 years ago or so), that's what they will continue to do for a while.

I thought I would give this site a try but when I tried to join it took me to the Toluna site.whats up with that.

Are you going to this page? - http://consumeropinioninstitute.com/ind ... =Main.join

In the small print at the bottom of the home page, it does say that Toluna manages COI, so that explains the connection. But COI seems to operate independently -- you may continue to get those annoying Toluna surveys in email but COI seems to rely heavily on sending the envelopes with cash via the USPS. I am thinking that if COI is still sending out envelopes with cash after all these years (and I can't even remember which year it was when I first did their surveys long ago, but probably about 9-11 years ago or so), that's what they will continue to do for a while.

Than You it did go through this time

• 3 years later...

Great place to make extra cash.  I have also received different items to test and was allowed to keep them after testing.  Surveys, at times are a little long, but worth it in the long run.  Writing on the surveys is small, but there are magnifying glasses out there, too!!:):)