Anyone know anyhting about Shopalong?

footfree

• 2 years later...

I completed an assignment for the holiday shopping, uploaded receipts and they were approved. Everyone else that also did this assignment from the site it was from have received their final survey and have gotten their rewards. No final survey yet for me and nobody emails me back from support!!!! :|:roll:

I have done 3 or 4 assignments over 3 years or so and everything went well. The first one I did they went out of their way to help me. The receipt was so horrible looking and hard to read they let me do it by email instead of using the app.

Well I received an email back after multiple emails to support, now I'm being told because I didn't upload receipts from other stores I shopped at I won't get final survey and be rewarded. When I agreed to participate it was a particular age group and specific items they were interested in, so yes even though I shopped other stores they went for my child included in this study nor were they the type of products they were interested in receipts for. Probably won't ever get final survey or be paid, will have to be sure to let the website it came from know about this issue, they probably will still use info I did send in for study but I won't get final survey or be paid. Sucks because I explained my situation and why I couldn't spend more money on Christmas this year and it was beyond my control. Not too happy about participating in something am answering the polls to not get paid for my time!!

• 3 weeks later...

Reading your post makes me feel a little better not because I have been paid but because there appear to be so many complaints about this company online. I have gotten so many invites from them and finally decided to do a study with them. The study ran for about 6 weeks and we had to buy stuffs and upload receipts to the app and complete surveys. It was a pain doing the receipts, each time I upload, I get an email that something went wrong and it needs to be sent again. It took me more time than was necessary to finally get an accepted receipt.....I even had to email the receipt to them. I finally completed all parts of the study and they said to look out for the final survey. I usually get notifications on the app about a new activity but nothing came about the final survey. I kept checking the app and every time it says the survey is not yet ready. Then yesterday I checked again and got a message that said there are no activities to be completed, so I emailed the company to let them know about the message only for them to respond that the study has been closed and there is no reward for me.

This company is a huge scam and they only get free data from consumers, I am going to file a complaint because this is totally unfair. The reward was $40, not much but there is nothing like been honest with your business. I only typed shopalong on google and there was a full page of angry customers......good job

Well I received an email back after multiple emails to support, now I'm being told because I didn't upload receipts from other stores I shopped at I won't get final survey and be rewarded. When I agreed to participate it was a particular age group and specific items they were interested in, so yes even though I shopped other stores they went for my child included in this study nor were they the type of products they were interested in receipts for. Probably won't ever get final survey or be paid, will have to be sure to let the website it came from know about this issue, they probably will still use info I did send in for study but I won't get final survey or be paid. Sucks because I explained my situation and why I couldn't spend more money on Christmas this year and it was beyond my control. Not too happy about participating in something am answering the polls to not get paid for my time!!

I am having the same issue with about about the holiday shopping study. This company is a scam. Reading your post makes me feel a little better not because I have been paid but because there appear to be so many complaints about this company online. I have gotten so many invites from them and finally decided to do a study with them. The study ran for about 6 weeks and we had to buy stuffs and upload receipts to the app and complete surveys. It was a pain doing the receipts, each time I upload, I get an email that something went wrong and it needs to be sent again. It took me more time than was necessary to finally get an accepted receipt.....I even had to email the receipt to them. I finally completed all parts of the study and they said to look out for the final survey. I usually get notifications on the app about a new activity but nothing came about the final survey. I kept checking the app and every time it says the survey is not yet ready. Then yesterday I checked again and got a message that said there are no activities to be completed, so I emailed the company to let them know about the message only for them to respond that the study has been closed and there is no reward for me.

This company is a huge scam and they only get free data from consumers, I am going to file a complaint because this is totally unfair. The reward was $40, not much but there is nothing like been honest with your business. I only typed shopalong on google and there was a full page of angry customers......good job

• 3 months later...

Scam. You can do the whole survey, in this case, a week long study. They let me participate for the whole week then, when it came time for the final survey and pay, I was informed that my answers were untruthful and I would not be paid for my time. They changed the rules, clearly, and when I called them out they stopped responding. I delted the app, will chalk it up to lesson learned and report them on my blog and direct my readers to better sites: Cashcrate, Inboxdollars, planet opinons, opinonoutpost, surveyspot, etc.

I have taken surveys for twenty years so I know sometimes we get weary and don't answer with 100% accuracy, but that was not the case here. These guys are straight up thieves. They take your data for free and don't compensate you for your time. Sounds like scam to me. 

Update to my previous post:

When I continued to complain that they were using my data and not paying me for it, I finally got a response from Walter who said

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the delay. To clarify, you didn't need to use a smartphone or desktop/laptop to fulfill your needs - you might have used another type of device or no device at all (for example, asking somebody). We can't use your information since it is not complete so I can remove it for you. Would you like me to do that?

Walter
Shopalong Sidekick"

Why would he need to ask to remove it if it was incomplete & unusable? If it was incomplete, they wouldn't be able to use it and it should already be removed; it would be a moot point. It just goes to my previous response that they were intending to use my data without paying me for it.  Stay away. Stay far away. 

• 2 years later...

Can anyone help I've sent about 5 emails to shopalong as I have completed the 7 day food diary task but have not. Received the final survey to claim my £15 reward every time I email I always get another email for another poll to do ever tho the task is completed and the 7 days has passed please can the final survey be sent to me so I can claim my reward thank you