Consumer Opinion Institute-Are they serious?

rtsl35

I finally received another survey from this survey company. I was so happy at first (as a $5 was enclosed) :) ...

But then I started the survey... :roll:

It's extremely thick, and the pages are back and front and the questions are microscopic. Which, leads me to believe they shrunk the fonts size to add more questions! The boxes where you mark an X are so small, you can barely even form an X. What really pisses me off too is, it says it will take you 1 hour to fill out this packet. I've been on it for two hours, and I'm only 30% finished :? ! Not only that, they have these questions to mark which traits each company is, it's EXHAUSTING! I will mail them back the $5 dollars, because there is no possible way to fill this "survey packet" out! :x

*I would of completed it for $50. No lower. And I'm someone who doesn't care if I take an hour survey and miss the credit!

Yes some of them can be very long. They also send shorter ones with a $2 bill. I do them but I take 5 or 10 minutes at a time and spread it out over 3 or 4 days.

Yes some of them can be very long. They also send shorter ones with a $2 bill. I do them but I take 5 or 10 minutes at a time and spread it out over 3 or 4 days.

I've received a shorter one from them, and I still got the $5. IDK, if you haven't gotten a survey from them in awhile and you get one soon, you may see what I'm talking about.

Yes, paper surveys. This latest one does have a lot of check boxes but now that I have looked closer the question/answer process is pretty simple. You can get through a page in around a minute. There is not much thought that needs to be put into the answers for each company.

I just sent a completed survey in the mail last weekend. I wish I could receive more of them but it looks like there's one every season. I remember filling out one in the spring and over the summer.

Yes, they are long and do not take an hour like they say. Sometimes I'm confused by the instructions contained in the individual sections. It's tedious for me to complete the booklet in one seating so I stretch it for a couple of afternoons. But I enjoy the change of pace of working on a paper survey rather than a digital one.

Yes, paper surveys. This latest one does have a lot of check boxes but now that I have looked closer the question/answer process is pretty simple. You can get through a page in around a minute. There is not much thought that needs to be put into the answers for each company.

Lol, did you go thru the whole survey yet? I had this "big problem" on the third or fourth page. It said to check the qualities each company had.

What I have always done is for the companies I have never heard of or only know by name is just skip the answer column. If I have never heard of or only know by name then an answer would just be a lie. They have never complained.

I'm only 5 pages into this one. Hopefully in the next few days I can get it finished. It's not enjoyable that's for sure.

• 3 years later...