YouGov's CoProducer project

1957horses

So did anybody get this email.................... :?:

So you think they would find a reason to say you didn't complete 50% at then end so to not pay you............... :?:

12 months is a long time and any more I just don't trust sites to pay up, they leave people hanging............... :?

Worth trying...................... :idea:

YouGovWhat the world thinks

Dear 1957horses,

We know it sounds crazy, but we here at YouGov pride ourselves on being pioneers in the world of research. We were the first online-only research outfit, back when people said the internet wouldn't catch on.

Now, we think we know how to transform the movie industry, by asking people what you like, and using the combined wisdom of the YouGov panel to tell stories in the most compelling way possible. Crucially, as co-producers, you'll be entitled to a share of the profits, too, when this flick becomes a blockbuster.

A selection of the panel have already been hard at work: they have come up with a concept for the film, which we'll reveal at the end of this survey.

First, though, we want to test drive the first act of our film entitled The Dark Road (working title- which you could help change!), using storyboards and narration.

Click the link below to get started - this survey will take about 25 minutes, but it will be really fun, and you'll be taking your first steps towards becoming a shareholder in the project!

YouGov

Welcome to the CoProducer project.

This survey is designed to test what you think of the opening act of the feature film - using storyboard and narration, to try and make it as absorbing as possible for you. We're deliberately not telling you anything about the story line yet, because we want your opinion free of any preconceptions.

Before you start the survey, we need to cover some Terms and Conditions. The original spirit of the CoProducer project was this: you as panelists help us make the movie, and you as panelists therefore share in the profits of the movie.

You will be eligible for a share of 35% of the profits, provided you adhere to the two key terms and conditions of eligibility, as set out below:

- Profits is defined as the YouGov Producer's Net Profit share, i.e. the share of profits remaining after the payment of all entitled third parties.

- To participate in, and be eligible for a share of profits from, the CoProducer project, every panelist must complete no less than 50% of YouGov surveys to which you are invited between the date of completing this survey and the final CoProducer survey, which we anticipate sending towards the end of the editing process (in approximately 12 months). The CoProducer project is a new way of making movies: harnessing thousands of opinions from panellists to decide how a story is told. YouGov is financing this project because it believes this methodology can transform the movie industry. A failure to complete 50% of YouGov surveys to which you are invited will lead to you losing any entitlement to a share in the profits of the CoProducer project.

To view the full Terms and Conditions, click here.

By proceeding with this survey, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.

Do you want to proceed? (If not, we'll see if there's another survey available for you!) Yes

No

Thank you for taking part!

The CoProducer project team

I didn't do it .What if the movie doesn't get picked up and you did all that work for nothing? It just wasn't something I thought I would be interested in doing.I noticed where it said Terms and Conditions,did anyone read this?I read the fine print you never know what hidden clause there might be.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do 'ya all realize just how much work you'll be putting in? Put this much work in a thesis, or if you're (a serious) film major...but for a survey??? Up to U & I like the site--have 33,500 points, in fact. But that is one offer, I TOTALLY ignore. Not to say it's not on the "up & up", and different, to be sure. But that is going to take a lot of UR time. Just sayin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished a new survey for the coproducer project. I am actually pretty optimistic about the film. I hope they finish it. I liked the changes they made to it!

Just finished a new survey for the coproducer project. I am actually pretty optimistic about the film. I hope they finish it. I liked the changes they made to it!

Did it mention any type of payment you might receive....................... :?::?:

I received a survey asking me if I wanted to do the Coproducer today.I declined I have no time for a chance to make something, I want the real deal.

I got another CoProducer survey where they asked me to watch a 40-minute long video. I was enthusiastic the first time, but the second time I said no thanks. Sorry to sound rude, but they're going to have to pay me to care about their movie.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the usual invite for a poll. I did one and it took me right into another one, I did both. Then it piggybacked me into the CoProducer project. I did watch it. I spend almost 50 minutes in this, and guess what? I got no points. I didn't expect any for the CoProducer project, but I did for the other two. I will now be watching those more closely. I am at 87K and so I am now thinking of cashing out and getting out as soon as I can. I have been with this particular site for years and have never cashed out. :x

I just checked my invite and it said I should get at least 500 points, so I have sent them an email asking about it. I will forward it back to them if they want.