I need help with Ebates?

rtsl35

I recently joined Ebates and I'm having some wacky issues. I've only been a member for one month and I recently was sent cash back. I did make 2 purchases, but I thought they take 3 months or so to pay you after your purchases. They paid me within 2 weeks! Not only that, when I looked at my tracking tickets, there was a list of stores where I supposedly purchased from thru Ebates, and I didn't! The only reason I can guess for this, is so they could get the 25$ on the record to give me the $5 bonus?-(because you need to spend $25 to get the $5 back).

My other issue is, I have been paying for purchases half with gift cards and half with cash. And Ebates have been giving me the full amount of cash back, as if I only used cash! I know this sounds like a good thing but I'm so confused. Anyone else experience these weird things?-Or can explain the gift card ordeal to me?

(I also emailed them about this and they said they see none of the tracking tickets that I saw-showing I made purchases to stores that I did not-and when I went back to Ebates, the tickets were gone)!

Never had any problems with Ebates. I am not sure why it was showing you bought stuff that you didn't. I can't even imagine why that showed up. Someone else using your account?

Never had any problems with Ebates. I am not sure why it was showing you bought stuff that you didn't. I can't even imagine why that showed up. Someone else using your account?

That's what I was worried about @someone else using my account (like a hacker)? :shock:

But when I looked at my account again, the tracking tickets were gone! Maybe to be safe, I should just quite Ebates?

I signed up with Ebates months ago but to be honest they only give cash back at stores I never shop at and only on items I never purchase. I shop online all the time and thought it would be cool to get cash back but I have just quit messing with it entirely now. I guess some people have good luck with it but It does nothing for me. Thus it's a huge waste of time.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but it's better than starting a new one I guess. I am also having major issues with Ebates lately. It seems the majority of my online purchases are not even showing up on my ebates account as pending and the ones that do show up, don't ever seem to leave the "pending" status. I have one transaction from booking.com that was posted as pending from back in April and I still didn't get any cash back for it yet.  Has anyone else noticed that Ebates seems to be failing to fulfill their promise of giving you the cash back you are owed?

Can anyone recommend a cash back site that is better than ebates in which you don't have to chase them down for every single purchase you make? Please don't say Swagbucks because I know they already have mostly bad reviews on this stie.

• Like 1

I went through Hotels.com and I didn't get credit for it on my account.  I had another one as well and did not get credit.  I do know that they send their checks or cash outs only so many times a year.