"Unfortunately you do not meet our demographic criteria."

beavinator

This is the message I see at the end of every survey I have ever taken with the "Mintel" logo at the beginning, despite the fact that every single time, I have been allowed to complete the entire survey, usually around 20 minutes, without ever being disqualified. Infuriating. I should just close the window and move on as soon as I see that logo, yet for some reason I never learn...

I would send them a 1000 emails cause that is totally unacceptable. You put in the effort and to try and tell you at the very end you are not qualified after getting your answers is unacceptable. I would save every invite or screen shot and show them that you put forth the effort and demand payment. Do whatever but that is just STEALING.

Yeah, there was a time when this type of thing first started becoming a common occurrence at various survey places when I considered trying to save documentation of all the surveys I was taking so I would have recourse whenever they screw me. However, given the sheer volume of surveys I attempt daily, this would significantly increase the amount of time and effort I have to spend on them, well beyond the point at which it would continue to be worth it. Especially considering the complete and utter lack of customer service I have received from most survey sites in the past instances where I HAVE attempted to interact with them. Between the time sink and the mental/emotional drain, it is simply not worth it.

I know last year I went through this with GTM. I sent many emails and in the last email I told them that I either get paid or I will contact the BBB and since their complete and total lack of respect for a 40 point survey when I submitted the claim with the BBB I added in a extra 150 points. They paid the claim. The time they are costing you is money and my question always is how many of you would go to work to be told after putting in their hours there was a glitch and today you just worked for free.

My queries, demands, and threats to go to the BBB over a 10-day survey I took with GTM last May which I have STILL not been paid for were completely ignored. They literally just stopped writing back, even with the generic pre-written responses which were all I could get to begin with. They just do not care about you, at all. And neither does the BBB. Last time I tried to take a case to them, after months of back and forth they sided with Toluna, and yet more hours of my time were wasted.

As sad as it may be, I have come to the conclusion that, while it is still BARELY lucrative, the most economical use of my time as a survey taker is to speed through as many surveys as possible as quickly as possible such that a statistically significant number of them will go through and actually pay me without a fight.