Tips on survey sites for product testing

jazzie-survey

Hi,

I usually complete survey's for cash, gift cards, and Amazon gift codes. I have never gotten the opportunity to review a product for a reward. One of the sites I am apart of is Pinecone Research, and I read some reviews where people said you'll get the chance to product test. I have not retrieved any email's or notifications to product test from this site.

Please give me some top survey sites to test products. Your help will be much appreciated!

Thank you! :)8)

Product test invitations come in the surveys themselves from Pinecone. They usually ask during the survey if you would be willing to do a product test. If you say yes then once in awhile you will get something to test. I've done 5 or so in the last 2 years. Not many lately even though I usually say yes.

You might want to check out BzzAgent. I was a member for a short time and got 2 product tests and coupons for free products. They want you to share the coupons and talk about the products on your social media sites. The more you share, the higher your score---which is to supposed to open up more product tests for you. Seemed like a good site. i just am not that into social media.

I have also received about a dozen product tests thru surveys taken on Global Test Market, MyView, and JD Power Panel in the past yr. Haven't gotten any since around Oct, however.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think I have gotten any through Pinecone. I have gotten them through Product Report Card or something like that. I can't remember who I got them from when I lived in NY but I did get a few. And prior to that I was signed up with a women's magazine to product test for them. Sometimes the product was a sample but other times it was a full sized thing. Once they wanted me to product test some champagne and they would pay me but the champagne was super expensive and I didn't want to have to buy it. So I passed.

I do have to be careful because I have food intolerances and allergies to many things. Twice I have had a reaction to things that I tested. One company did nothing. Another freaked and had a nurse call me.

I haven't always gotten payment though when I product test. I did get one check for paper towels. I think they sent me two rolls of those. Check was for $3 but there was some sort of issue with it. I couldn't get it to go into the ATM. And neither could the bank employee. I wound up having to go the old fashioned route and put it in the night drop. Whole thing wasted about 2 hours of my time so not really worth it.

Next one was cat litter. I got two jugs. I wound up never getting the $5 check for that one. But I did get two jugs of cat litter and I did use it so... I guess that was worth something.

The last one, I still have the product here. I was supposed to send it back in a post paid package that they would send me but they never sent it. So I never got the $10 to send it back.

The best thing ever though was when I was a kid. I don't know how our family got hooked up with this, but this woman (we referred to her as the woman who looked like a man) came around weekly with stuff for us to try. We didn't get paid money but we did get new food for us or our dog each week. It was always good stuff too and we got a lot of it. When the neighborhood kids saw her coming, they'd wait outside to see if we'd share with them.

• 2 years later...

I get lots of product tests through OneOpinion and Pinecone. I think having a teenager at home helps, because teenagers eat a LOT. I just last week finished up a product test that was interesting -- I had to use a vacuum for two months, and will hopefully be receiving a $35 Amazon gift card for doing so. (Truthfully, though, I'd rather keep the vacuum...)

On 2/1/2014 at 10:12 AM, JD said:

Product test invitations come in the surveys themselves from Pinecone. They usually ask during the survey if you would be willing to do a product test. If you say yes then once in awhile you will get something to test. I've done 5 or so in the last 2 years. 

Lucky... I've been with Pinecone about 2 years... I always say yes, and have not once gotten a single product test from them. I got a couple from GTM, back before I gave them up for the pay being too low, the site being too buggy, and the support being basically nonexistent... never gotten any from Pinecone, ever. 

I have also gotten a few things from bzzagent, so I like them. I like them less because they basically only pay you in the product to test - they pay a tiny amount, through mypoints, but mypoints has a 25$ cashout, and it's a huge pain getting points with them any other way (they have surveys, but the surveys are long and don't pay well, so I wouldn't recommend it), but it's still worth it for free stuff occasionally. I've gotten a couple delicious fancy frozen pizzas, a really helpful allergy medicine, and my new favorite deodorant.