How do you keep track of survey panels?

Administrator

As SurveyPolice continues to expand, something we've been looking into is how we can help our users stay organized.

We're curious about how you keep track of the survey panels you've joined and the surveys you've taken (or, if you even keep track at all?!)

Our specific question for you is this: What features would you want to see included in a survey organization tool? Note that if we develop this tool, it would be free and as part of your SurveyPolice account.

Some ideas for this tool include:

- being able to keep track of the survey panels you've joined

- noting the survey panels you've reviewed on SurveyPolice

- the ability to document the surveys you've taken, along with any associated rewards

- showing when you requested any payments, etc.

The idea is that this tool would serve in place of a spreadsheet that you may currently be using.

Any and all of your feedback is welcome! Tell us what features you'd like to see as part of this tool. Let us know if you'd even use it. Let us know if don't like the idea at all. Be honest! This time, it's SurveyPolice who's looking for your opinions! 8)

The individual survey companies mostly have pretty good tracking of surveys taken and points/dollars awarded. I keep a spreadsheet of YTD earnings for tax purposes. Don't track each survey topic as I generally know if I've taken a survey before from another survey company as they tend to be clustered close together if not same day then next day. I have all my active survey companies on their own browser tab and limit the survey companies to around 10 at a time so I don't track the ones I belong to as that is pretty much tracked in my YTD spreadsheet.

I don't really keep track of them, if i want to look at my history of surveys & rewards I can do that on the panels, I don't think I would use it, I'm not sure what it would really be like.

I don't keep track of them. I do notice constantly that I get duplicate surveys because I have joined various companies over the years. Some are now sent out by other companies, and this I hate. I keep getting surveys that have nothing at all to do with me, or that I have already completed, like automotive and an annoying TV viewers survey I get invited to every day by SurveySpot. I wish there was a notice I could send the companies to not send me these because they are not applicable to me -- as in I do not have a TV nor a car. I get so few that apply to me at all.

- the ability to document the surveys you've taken, along with any associated rewards

- showing when you requested any payments, etc.

I keep track of payment requests and I only keep track of taken surveys for panels that don't store the information on their website. Like SurveySavvy and a few others.

Lately I've been keeping a paper with columns of each site this year with the name of each site at the top. I now put how many points and the day/time and survey number of received points. I started doing this because some sites are coming up with less points then what I am suppost to have. I log on to a site the other day and it was suddenly 20 points light.. I just started putting the date this week on points because of this. I couldn't say before where those 20 points went. So if it happens again I'll be able to go back and see where the points were taken from...................... :idea:

well i'm down to basically GTM and OO at this point with a few random others like Icrap.. they all have our survey history listed on site..

but I do keep a 'compose email' on my gmail account that I add in dollar amount and which panel it was done on.. so i can keep track of my daily totals.. you can add any notes on that as well so it works for me..

Sounds like a good idea, its just we would have to always update the site in terms of what we have completed, the # and for how many points etc. Although I don't really do that much now, it would be a good benefit for such sites like mysurvey that always seem to stall on paying you for their surveys and extras (using a webcam etc) and once you click start you can't find the survey # again.

Thank you to everyone who's left their feedback - it's all been very helpful.

We'd love to have more of you weigh in on this issue. It will really help us decide whether or not we should pursue this idea.

Thanks again everyone! :)

I think it's a great idea. I never keep track of my surveys, as I usually do them so sporadically because of time issues. But I always check the site daily for new information. Making it easy for me to input my info as it's completed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a notebook. Each page has the survey company on top, with contact information, what it says on Paypal when I get the money (example."perks").

Then I put the date of each survey, let's say Opinion Outpost, I'll put 5/1- 10 meaning ten points. Then I put the date of cash out and how much I cashed out for. When I receive payment, I write "rec'd".

I don't do this all that much anymore with the bigger companies but the ones I rarely get…I want to know if they owe me money.

This year, I started keeping track of my monthly cashouts by creating an Excel spreadsheet. I'm part of 20+ panels, so each one has a row. Any incentives I receive, I write how much and add a comment in the cell indicating what kind of payment it is (PayPal, Amazon, etc.). I also made a smaller table showing how much I make through the types of payments. Then I keep a monthly total from qualifying panels at the bottom of the table and a separate grand total for each site. And if anyone's wondering, Global Test Market is in the lead.

I have a small composition book. In this notebook, I write down the company, survey name and survey number. A notebook is helpful in writing down any problems I may have with the survey.

Sorry but I don't feel comfortable putting that info on a spreadsheet on a forum.How do I know who is looking at the info?It's nobody's business but mine own and the company I'm doing business with.For security reasons and me just being overly suspicious of people I wouldn't feel comfortable.