How do you keep track of survey panels?

Administrator

I kind of organize it within my gmail, but it is a sorry excuse for organization. Even if you just made a check-off list for which ones we've joined, joined and quit, not joined yet, etc -- that'd be cool. Sometimes it's confusing when half the companies have Survey in the title... I think Survey Police is already getting better, but the more resources and tools you have for users, the better it can become. Let's try it! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a post in the survey tips topic under the Survey points tracker? thread, on how I keep track of surveys taken and the amount earned. In addition to that I have a wordpad document listing the coming rewards, I list the date, the site, what's owed, how it will be paid , the amount and how long I have to wait. I color the amounts in yellow, then when I receive it I color the amount green and list the date I received it.

For keeping track of the sites I bookmark them in a folder titled surveys in my browser.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a great idea. I will start keeping track of these surveys on a spreadsheets as sometimes you do not get any credits for surveys taken and even forget about those when asked by the companies.

I do bookkeeping for a living so I keep the money AND GC earned information in my Quickbooks software, just like a regular part of my client receivables. Each site that has paid my OR that I've gotten a GC or 'gift'/freebie from, I set up as a personal client so-to-speak. I also keep track of the freebies I earned like a nice blender they said was worth $199 to keep if I tested it out and reported in a few surveys and live panel during the 2 weeks after I got it. I keep ALL program signups, passwords and other info on a 4 page spreadsheet. I'm sure trying to make note of what some of these surveys' rewards are when the completion info goes to "pending" on your account and you never know what you were supposed to receive 2-4 weeks later!

When I ask for the various redemptions, most of my sites pay me fairly quickly but some (thank God, not many) take weeks, so I do write it down and keep that list WITH my spreadsheet as to who, when I asked for the redemption, how much AND how long they say it should take.

I also redeem at each minimum because I've had enough sites close when they owed me money. Exception is ICS, it's such a small minimum that I have been letting it get to $5 since they have a great track record with paying me since March.

August earnings were over $200 so I need to keep track of WHO was the most active in this month and all summer long, for next summer's earnings comparison.....

As you can see, I'm pretty systematic with my earnings.....it's the bookkeeper in me! :shock:

P.S. I don't report these earnings as I have never received more than $600 from anyone so it's not required......I make cash & GC from so many sites that I'm paid pretty well every month but it won't make me rich, just sure helps with bills. I hope NO ONE reports these small earnings to the tax man?

• 1 month later...

One place I used to work an adage that you can't manage what you don't measure. I was going through the homepage surveys for iSay by Ipsos today. PITA. Love/hate relationship with this site. IF I did not keep track of what I've earned by site I don't think I would know that this is my least productive survey site. Have earned as much as from Pinecone so far this year as iSay with a lot less effort. Won't drop them but it is nice to know your laggards.

• 1 month later...