ProductReportCard

1957horses

I received an email from ProductReportCard offering for me to join a panel named TXN.

You receive $0.75 from PRC for registering with this panel. I declined.

I went to the TXN site and found that this panel isn't just about taking surveys.

It requires you to allow them to monitor your credit and debit cards to track your purchases.

I don't mind, and in fact like, taking surveys, but it seems that allowing a company to track my credit and debit purchases is too invasive, and even though they claim that data is reported in aggregate, I'm not comfortable with these methods due to privacy issues.

Unfortunately, it appears that a lot more survey companies are turning to this type of data collection these days.

I didn't sign up for the TXN community because I didn't feel comfortable about the whole submitting cc receipts, so can't tell you much about that.

About PRC - they've been around for a while and you wouldn't know it by the way the site looks... I've been a member for over a year and am just a hair away from cashing out the $25. I believe they do work with Cleavoice, because they often have the same projects. The best things I've gotten have been online bulletin board type studies. They do send out a request for a survey here or there but don't pay the best, as some others have noticed as well. That's part of why it's taking so long to cashout. When hey send me an email for a $1 study that takes 30 min, I toss it.

The review part of the site? Seems like a failed experiment. I think it started as something else but maybe they just use it now to source emails for certain projects or surveys.

I'll update when I reach cashout, and letcha know how long it took.

• 1 month later...

They sent me my first contact. They are way too personal for my liking. It seems more con than pro. I like Ipsos Reid because it's very professional, they don't talk to me like we've had coffee together for 10 years! My spidey sense pops up with these guys. I'm going to avoid them, and stick to what I know. The one I am most comfortable with puts money in my paypal EVERY time I do something. That's the way I like it a-ha a-ha a-ha! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, sounds like it was a smart idea to check here first.

I'm not at all comfortable giving any survey site access to my computer with their downloaded "I'm watching everything you do" programs. And I think it's a really bad idea to give any of them information about my credit or debit cards.

Thanks guys, I think this ones bad news and I'm gonna leave 'em alone, LOL!! :mrgreen:

I been a member for a long time, and they never respond to you emails, it takes about 2 years to get up to the $25, It's not wort it to sign up,

you gone waste your time, it's a joke , there is a lot of good survey companies out there that pay you and respond to our emails.

I'v been trying to get 45cents more so I can cash out, and then I'm done, no more of this, one more time, it's a joke

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my first survey sent to me after signing up with them about 6 months ago. I almost forgot about this company. However, it said the survey was closed as soon as I clicked on the link. Furthermore, when I tried logging into my account using my correct password and log in information, it keeps saying log-in error. I don't think I can trust them. Seems very fishy.

I get a survey from them almost everyday, and since the very first one that I completed, I haven't completed another one. I am kicking them to the curb. I couldn't get squat from them. Dq'd on all of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't heard back from them regarding why I cannot log in? I just got another survey invite, but what's the point if I can't access my account.

• 2 months later...

I got lucky and my first survey was a product test worth $15, so it didn't take a million years to get the last $10. I cashed out on Sept 2 and checked yesterday morning to see what was going on with payment. It still said "In process". Last night I got an email from someone at Productreportcard, unprompted, telling me that they noticed my payment was delayed and to either send them my paypal address, or let them know I wanted a check and they'd rush it out. I sent them my Paypal and 10 minutes later I got the money. They may not have many surveys, but I was blown away that they sent me an email about my payment and I didn't have to go chasing them for it. For that alone, I will forgive them for their faults.

Is it me or does it sound like a place that sells your reviews ?I mean why are you taking pictures writing reviews and then seeing nothing?Then again I'm always skeptical ...............but something sounds fishy.

• 1 month later...

I'm at $19 and change. I will keep them around because I get other panel invites for special products which I end up earning more. So I'll stick it out for that reason only.

• 1 year later...

Oh no!  It took me forever to cash out with them.  Points didn't show up, I had to wait forever to get credit.  I still get invites from them, but I just delete them.  Did you contact them to get help?  I hope you get your $$ back.

• 2 months later...

I have surveys pending since June. How long do these surveys take to credit? Kind of ridiculous to have things still "pending" after a month or so.