American Consumer Opinion (ACOP) late payments

ksedwar

I have been waiting since 03/28/214 on my last cashout for a check. I sent an email on April 28 and was told...

We are experiencing a delay with our cash-outs due to a technical error in our accounting department. Our accounting department is working to catch up with cash out requests (check and PayPal) but must do so one-by-one and in order of the date which our members have cashed out. They are asking for more time in order to process your request.

We appreciate your patience and your membership with American Consumer Opinion.

I sent another email and they have not gotten back to me and that is unusual so I'm starting to wonder what is going on at ACOP. They have always paid on time so this is starting to worry me.

It's now 05/15 and still no payment. Has anyone been paid from them in the last few months?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• ksedwar

• BluesJunky

• 1957horses

It took a few months for me to get my last one, something that they had to do them manually that's the delay. I put in for another one yesterday, a tango code (getting an amazon with it) so see how long this time. They say 2 weeks..............don't hold your breath, you'll turn blue.................. :shock:

I hope they get it straightened out and back to normal. I always like doing their surveys so hopefully this doesn't start a downhill trend.

Yeah, since the end of last year, they have been horrid. First, they had to send a check because of some crapola about reauthorizing my account and that took 52 days. Then the next was Paypal, and that took 51 days. I e-mailed and received the same story as ksedwar, but this was on January 31.

So, I guess they still have a "technical error in our accounting department" three months later.

I have never even seen the PayPal option on the website. I emailed them once about it but they never replied.

I'm to the point where I can cash out again but I'm not sure if I should while this 'issue' is going on. I don't want two checks in limbo. I'm not sure what I should do.

• 4 weeks later...
I too am still awaiting a payment from May 28, 2014. I wonder if it is time to start lodging complaints at the Better Business Bureau:

http://tinyurl.com/p86psmx

from May 28th as in less than 2 weeks ago? man i hate to tell you but you're in for a much longer wait...

I too am still awaiting a payment from May 28, 2014. I wonder if it is time to start lodging complaints at the Better Business Bureau:

http://tinyurl.com/p86psmx

from May 28th as in less than 2 weeks ago? man i hate to tell you but you're in for a much longer wait...

That's only 12 days. My last two from them were 51 and 52 days. You won't see anything (either check of Paypal) until at least the middle of July.

In my previous post I wrote, "May 28, 2014" and I meant "March." I have received my payment, but only after posting a frustrated review at the BBB. I also received a response to my review:

"Below is a response from the business to the customer review you submitted to Better Business Bureau.

American Consumer Opinion® would like to address this concern about the delayed incentive payment. In the past, our policy was to pay our members within 1-4 weeks after they submitted a cash out. That policy was effective over the years and we were able to pay our members within 1-4 weeks. However, as the size of our panel has grown, so has the need to verify the accuracy of our members’ registration data (name, email address, mailing address, etc.) to ensure that payments are delivered successfully. We now have to manually verify registration data for each member before incentives are sent out to panel members. Unfortunately, this has added additional time to processing incentives so we had to change our payment policy from 1-4 weeks to the current policy of 4-6 weeks. With over three million members worldwide, we are doing our best to pay incentives as quickly as possible and we are constantly looking for ways to make the payment process more efficient. We would like to apologize to our panel member for the delay in processing this payment, and we would like to assure this member that we will continue to do our best to process payments within the 4-6 week time-frame. Members who need assistance with a payment may email us directly at [email protected]. Thank you for your contributions to American Consumer Opinion®. We appreciate your patience."

10 week wait is not 4-6. Reply is a bunch of BS. The reality is that they probably cut their processing staff and now the wait is longer. Opinion Outpost pays immediately once you hit a threshold so yes there are ways to pay quicker but they are not employed by ACOP. Not one of their survey takers but this reply is just CYA.

• 4 weeks later...

Today is Day 80 for me.

If I remember correctly, the first payment was required to be a mailed check, so they could verify you were who you said you were, at the address you gave them. THEN, redemptions could be gotten through PayPal. OK, I GUESS that makes sense. Kinda. But I'm not buyin' the line about having so many panel members that it takes them longer. If their number of panelists has grown that high, then, like in any other business, you need to hire more people to meet the demand. I agree with JD...the problem most likely lies with too FEW people on staff verifying. And if they're swamping the people they DO have with so much more work, they're probably having a lotta people quit on them.

I'd ALMOST be willing to go through the wait on the first check, if PayPal payments were able to be done in a reasonable amount of time...like so many other sites do. Instantaneously, in the case of Opinion Outpost and Survey Spot...and I really don't think those two sites have some paltry number of panelists. But when I emailed about the long wait, I was told that PayPal payments were taking just as long. Why? You've already gone through the verification process before you mailed the first check.

I'm waiting on a $15 check, and now have another $21 ready to go. But like ksedwar, I'm afraid to cash that out and have TWO checks floatin' around somewhere other than my bank acc't. I had intended to do the second one with PayPal, because it was SUPPOSED to be quicker, but now it seems like that, too, is in some black hole.

I like the site...the surveys are decent, and the pay is reasonable. But they could tell me I'd get 100 bucks for telling them what my favorite toothpaste was...if I never see the money, what's the point? Even if I DO get the money, waiting 3 months or more is completely unacceptable. At this point, all the time I spent doing their surveys is in the "wasted time" side of the ledger. I'm pissed...