American Consumer Opinion (ACOP) late payments

ksedwar

I'm glad to hear you got yours, but I'm sittin' at about 12 1/2 weeks here (April 24 cash out), and wondering why it's gone longer than your 9 weeks. Was your payout your first...a mailed check...or Paypal? This is my first, so maybe that's why it's taking longer...all I know is I'll feel a LOT better once I actually get PAID!

I emailed them last week, it was for a Tango card which I then get amazon..................... :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• ksedwar

• BluesJunky

• 1957horses

I'm glad to hear you got yours, but I'm sittin' at about 12 1/2 weeks here (April 24 cash out), and wondering why it's gone longer than your 9 weeks. Was your payout your first...a mailed check...or Paypal? This is my first, so maybe that's why it's taking longer...all I know is I'll feel a LOT better once I actually get PAID!

I also cashed out April 24th for Paypal and haven't received payment. This is my first cashout through Paypal, but I have received a mailed check before...glad I'm not the only one, so hopefully I will still get payment... I had given up on ACOP until I found this thread.

I just looked at my acc't., and it says "paid". I'm not certain, but I think up until now it's said "pending". I guess I'll find out in a few days.

I have another $18 that I was holding back on cashing out so I could get it through PayPal, but I guess I shoulda had that sent as a check, too. Unless they somehow get their act together and start running smoothly again, it's gonna be another 3 months before I see that. I really don't see how they're gonna stay in business like this...

Finally!! The check came today...91 days. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see 15 bucks in my life!

I think what I'm gonna do for the next cash out is wait a few days after I cash the check, and see if the PayPal option comes up for my acc't. It may take just as long to get, but at least I won't have to go to the bank to cash it.

Best way to get your money quickly is to call ACOP I was talking to a CSR and they payments are still done by hand, and only by a few people so that's why they have fallen behind. Just call them to tell them that you have been waiting for payment. Here's the thing with ACOP this year, they have greatly expanded how many surveys they put out and now are a very valuable survey taking site. Problem is while the number of surveys have vastly expanded the number of people who put out awards haven't. Eventually this will get straighten out but for now just called ACOP at 1-817-649-5241. The CSRs I've talked to have been very nice and very helpful. The guy I talked to last time not only made sure the two past due payments were paid to me within a few days but also the payment after that to get caught up payment wise.

ACOP is not a bad company they are going through growing pains right now. Be patient with them and if they are late give em a call.

Thanks! I saved the number...

I like ACOP...their surveys are paid fairly, and I appreciate getting something for the screener. But their standard 4-6 weeks is too long to wait...let alone 3 months, which is entirely unacceptable. It's not fair to the panelists that do the surveys, that actually generate ACOP's income, to be the ones that end up being punished for a lousy business model. If they have 3 million panelists worldwide, then they need to hire more help to meet the demand. Just like any other business. They're playing with fire here...they piss off enough people for a long enough period of time, and they're going to see that 3 million number start to evaporate. Exponentially.

Let's see.... I cashed out on June 18th, so I guess I can expect payment in... late September, maybe? That is just pitiful (and unacceptable).

Unfortunately, once other people (like the many lurkers out there) see the ACOP phone number above and get the idea to call and ask for payment, eventually that trick will no longer work because ACOP will be inundated with calls from people asking for payment.

• 3 weeks later...

This is regarding American Consumer Opinion Survey panel. I just received my check. I actually cashed out in May and had never had any problems before. I had emailed them four times as well as called them. The last email I sent was to tell them I was going to the BBB, suddenly my check appeared. I have now cancelled my account with them which is a disappointment to me but I'm sure I will find a more reliable panel to join. I hope the rest of you have a better experience with them in the future.

I've been doing a four day snack diary for ACOP that pays 800 points ($8), and was trying to wrap it up last night...but I nearly quit the panel over it. I was half way through when I got a message saying that the system had detected that I had either used the back button on my browser, or the refresh button. I had done neither. It wouldn't have been a big deal, but I was redirected BACK to the beginning of the damn thing, and had to start over. I was livid. Not only because I was being punished for something I DIDN'T do, but the text that they use in that diary is SO SMALL that I can barely read it. The error message claimed that I needed to make sure I was using the latest version of one of the browsers that they recommended, one of which was Google Chrome. I AM using the latest version of Chrome...I just got this computer a week ago, and downloaded it right off the bat. So the problem isn't my browser, or needing to clear cookies, or anything else on my end.

I sent an email complaining about it, and said that if it happened again, I was done...not only with the diary, but with the panel all together. Bad enough that I have to wait 3 MONTHS to get paid...but to get jerked around like that on top of the late payments was the last straw. I decided to wait until today to attempt it again, because I wasn't in any mood to do it last night, so I don't know yet whether or not I'll get through it...but I'm STILL mad enough to quit the panel if it happens again. I also told them that I would be filing a complaint with the BBB over the RIDICULOUS wait times for payment. THAT problem has gone on for 6 months now, and it sure doesn't look like they're doing anything to correct it.

THAT problem has gone on for 6 months now, and it sure doesn't look like they're doing anything to correct it.

It's been going a lot longer then 6 months. Try over a year.................. :x

I stand corrected, '57! I'm not sure why I thought it was 6 months, other than maybe because that's about how long I've been with them.

I REALLY DON'T want to can them...I think their surveys are paid fairly well, and it doesn't take forever to cash out. It just takes FOREVER to GET IT!!

But that diary REALLY pissed me off. I haven't re-tried it yet...I still need to simmer down first. I've had other surveys tell me I've used browser buttons when I hadn't, but NEVER have I had one completely trash my work and make me start over. To be honest, if I didn't need the money I'd tell them ALL to go to Hell. Except Darwin's Data...those guys know how to run a survey company!!

• 1 month later...

I've been with ACOP for years. do the surveys and the diaries. Over the last 14 months, payments have been late and difficult. I had issues with the snack diary entries. I'm not doing any more diaries for them. Will do just enough to keep my account active until I receive the payout then I'm done with this group!

• 1 month later...