Opinion Bureau

Spazmobot

I just signed up with Opinion Bureau a little while ago, after seeing their url for a survey redirect from another panel.

You get $2 for signing up, $.10 for each person you refer that signs up-- they call that your "network" but you don't make money from the surveys they fill out -- just the $.10 sign up....

Apparently they have 8K facebook likes.

My experience with them has been very slow. I've gotten maybe 5 or 6 screeners since I signed up 3 mos ago, and I qualified for none of them. The majority of them have business-themed questions, so you know, if it's a business panel, it should say so on the site, which it doesn't.

It says you can earn up to $10 for each survey, but I've never seen one for more than $2 and they don't tell you ahead of time how long the survey will take.

They say this about rewards: "Simply becoming a part of our panel you will get a platform where you can voice your opinion about a particular product and could help in shaping up the future market. Apart from this you will be able to get rewards on your successful participation in the survey. Rewards could be either in the form of gifts, discounts, coupons, voucher, passes, cash honorariums etc."

So, just the privilege of filling it out should be enough, but rewards COULD BE vouchers, giftcards, etc -- but they don't say what/where... I hate vagueness, so I looked at the redeeming area, and it shows logos for Amazon, Paypal, Starbucks and something called NSPCC.

You can redeem a reward at only $5, which is nice... However, 3 months in, I can't qualify and I still only have the little $2 from signing up. Maybe they are not needing as many opinions from USA yet? I don't know, but unless you have business stuff to talk about, it's probably not worth the effort. I put this review here for now, until SP makes it it's own listing.

I have been a member for about a year. I have been stuck at 3 dollars for awhile. Most of the surveys they send are either IT decision makers or beer surveys. Don't expect a lot from them or a quick cashout.

• 1 month later...

Avoid this site at all costs. Been a member for about a year. Qualified for my first $5 on April 6, 2014, still waiting. Email them three times stating at day 45 since it was only to take 14 business days for processing. Was told they were out of "codes". $5 for paypal? I will qualify for anotheer $5 in aboput 15 days (if takes 30 days for you money to move from "Pending" to to redemable. I still do they work but each time I qualify, I do contact thier cleint to inform them what a sleazy group this is and the data which is being inputed by us (suryors) may be tainted.

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

Finally got paid!! After they paid me, I am getting about 4 to 5 surevy request a week from the 2 to 3 a month prior. Think they are hurting for takers?

• 2 months later...

I have had one payment of these. However, these days I don't appear to qualify for any surveys which apper to be aimed at business professionals and IT and there are is lots of surveys. Their surveys do pay quite good but their interface it poor in my opinion.

• 4 months later...

I have redeemed vouchers for Rs. 250 from opinionbureau 2 months ago. According to this site, redeemed vouchers should be paid in 8 days. I had been following up with their HelpDesk for my rewards but they don't bother to reply back. I had wasted my time and efforts on this site. This site is a scam and should be avoided.

• 5 months later...

When I do get a survey that I can respond to, the site says you must enable cookies, they are enabled for every other site, when I tried to unsubscribe because I am not in IT the site says that I haven't validated my registration! Really must advise against this site.

• 2 months later...

I would advise everybody to stay clear of this site, I have my £10 reward processing since August 10th and still no payment, they do not reply to any e-mails sent to them so I think that they are in trouble as they are still sending out surveys but not paying.

• 4 months later...

March 3, 2016- This site appears to be a scam. I am getting several 2 to 4 dollar surveys but 97% of them I don't qualify for. I took about 3 months to finally get to the $10 paypal reward threshold. I submitted on Jan.25, 2016. They say 15 business days from request. Still have not been paid and have written at least 10 times without response. I keep getting invites as well which I am of course ignoring until I get paid. They are headquartered in India, big suprise. There is a number but the cost of the call would not be worth the time/effort or the $10 they owe me. Again, I am calling it a scam.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have never had a payment from them and I have been with them since about 2009 or 2010.

Thanks for warning me - I will unsubscribe.from these guys.  Just wasted time.  

• 1 month later...

I have been waiting and trying for TWO months to make TWO measly dollars so I can cash out. I'm gonna have to write it off so I don't burst a blood vessel. Hell to the no is right!!

UPDATE: I finally made it!!! Woohoo-made the last 2 measly dollars to notice this at the top of the redemption page:

"Important Updates:

• Redeemable limit has been increased to $10.00. You can redeem your earned amount only when you have at least $10.00 redeemable balance in your account.
  • The reward earned in a survey becomes redeemable in 45 days of date of qualifying the survey."

So these bastards want us to wait an ADDITIONAL 45 days after finally getting there. I'm done. Does that tie in to what was posted above concerning payment delays or should I look for other obstacles.

Edited by GammiWoo
update
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

been waiting for my payment for the last 2 months , and thats been 2 months after the 45 days wait,, and still nothing. i have contacted them and dont get no response either.. complete scam i would not join or waist my time. wish i would of seen this when i first came accross them then i wouldnt have waisted all that time

I think this is a great site. They have outstanding safeguards in place to protect your privacy online. They have your best interest at heart which is always a nice feeling when joining things that contain your personal information. Since they are fairly new they have updated technology that makes the experience of taking surveys a little bit easier. They reward members in a lot of ways and have just $10 low cost payout which makes for fast payments into your account.