Is Survey Junkie legitimate?

AmandaMC

Has anyone heard of the company Survey Junkie or has anyone had any experience with them? I got an email to sign up with them and they look a little scamy but I am not sure. Also, how does everyone make money on the survey sites without referring people? It has taken me like 6 months to accumulate $18 in my send earnings account and you can't cash out until you are at $30....its going to take me FOREVER!!! Is there something that I am missing? I want to make money on these sites but have not been very successful, any pointers or sites that are really good at making a few bucks?

Welcome to Survey Police.

Any website that has this claim (or similar) I would avoid.

Make Up to $45/Survey in 20 Mins.

It's an outrageous amount of money in a short time that I have never seen any legitimate survey website offer.

For legitimate surveys by country check out the main Survey Police website. http://www.surveypolice.com

Has anyone heard of the company survey junkie or has anyone had any experience with them? I got an email to sign up with them and they look a little scamy but I am not sure. Also, how does everyone make money on the survey sites without referring people? It has taken me like 6 months to accumulate $18 in my send earnings account and you can't cash out until you are at $30....its going to take me FOREVER!!! Is there something that I am missing? I want to make money on these sites but have not been very successful, any pointers or sites that are really good at making a few bucks?

I remember talking to someone who said they didn't like the site, but I don't remember why. I make money very slowly on the survey sites. I think demographics have a lot to do with it. I don't smoke, drink, and not 25, I don't buy a new car every year, I don't have cancer and I don't buy the latest technology as soon as it comes out. I think that and the fact that I have recently given 8 sites the boot, I just don't make $$ that fast.

Has anyone heard of the company survey junkie or has anyone had any experience with them? I got an email to sign up with them and they look a little scamy but I am not sure. Also, how does everyone make money on the survey sites without referring people? It has taken me like 6 months to accumulate $18 in my send earnings account and you can't cash out until you are at $30....its going to take me FOREVER!!! Is there something that I am missing? I want to make money on these sites but have not been very successful, any pointers or sites that are really good at making a few bucks?

Hi, Amanda...

I get emails from Survey Junkie occasionally, although I don't know why...I don't think I signed up with them. Nearly all are invitations to join other survey sites, and most seem legitimate...so I think they may just be a marketing site that other sites use for promotion. I don't think I've ever joined anything through them, though...I don't see any incentive to do so.

I don't have any referrals, either, so I know what you're going through...it takes a lotta work. I'm also in Send Earnings, since last November, and I JUST cashed out for the first time a few weeks ago. Most of their emails are offers I'm not interested in, but I kept slogging along, clicking the link in the email, opening the offer, and immediately closing it. Occasionally they'll offer a buck or so to join another site, and if I'm not a member I'll take it, but mostly it's the couple pennies per email. The only reason I keep them is that it's not THAT much trouble, and it eventually adds up. Their sister site, Inbox Dollars is the same way, although they at least send a few surveys. I've cashed out twice with them since November. But both of those sites are on the VERY low end of making anything.

I'm in maybe 10 or so other sites, and average maybe $200/mo., depending on the amount of effort I put in. But they're all actual survey sites, and not ones that ONLY send out offer emails that you're only getting a few cents on. Some have offers on the site, but I typically stay away from them. I guess you could make money on trial offers, but you have to remember to cancel before they charge your credit card. I don't need that headache. Besides, I'd never remember to cancel half of them!

You can find plenty of good sites on the survey rankings page in here...just pay attention to when the reviews were written. A site may have been golden two years ago, but turned to garbage since.

• 1 year later...

Survey Junkie is ok, they pay out quick, and surveys are easy short, and I like you can pick n choose which surveys you want to do.  What I dont like is when I complete a survey for almost 200 points and spend more than 30 minutes to an hour doing it, then get a message that the survey quota has been filled, you email Customer Service only for them to not compensate you annoys me. It just goes to show you some survey sites need warm bodies to fill their quotas to get compensated, but your participation and time is worth nothing. I have a problem with that

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did very well on Survey Junkie for about 2 months. I would cash out $10 maybe every 4 or 5 days.

Now, there are seldom any surveys available. When they are, they are Peanut Labs and are hard to qualify for because I do them on another site .

I e-mailed support and they responded that I would only receive surveys that I "qualify" for.

I "qualified for plenty in the beginning, now, nil.

I believe I was making too much, too regularly, so now , nothing. I believe this because it has happened to me before.

Most survey sites will tell you that you can make X amount of dollars, then when you do, or if you make too much too often, the surveys dry up, and I know it's not because I don't qualify.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a nightmare again with the Survey Junkie verification process to get my redemption. They supposedly have a customer service help site which is not that at all, it keeps re-routing you to an FAQ panel but doesn't let you contact them. They also claim to send a verification code to your cell phone but it is blank and chews up minutes. If I can ever get my money out of them, I am dropping them right away.

• 6 months later...

This site was very good until one day, all of a sudden, my account was suspended indefinitely. When I asked why they would not say. They also kept the $11.00 that I had accumulated in my account. I would not waste my time with this site.