• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• BluesJunky

• 1957horses

• ksedwar

I just checked my status, and it's gone from "pending" to "approved". But I don't think that's gonna make much difference. I cashed out on 8/6, and doubt I'll see it much before Christmas. The last one was nearly 100 days.

I've also noticed what seems to be a decline in survey invites. I have nothing concrete to base that on, but they sure seem to have slowed down. Been quite a while since I qualified for one, also.

I cashed out for a whopping $10.60 on June 18th, and received the money on September 5th -- after I sent a sharply worded email about how absurd it is to have to wait so long for so little (especially after being a member of ACOP for many years), and how I had no interest in whatever "it takes a long time to process" explanation they were going to offer up. Someone wrote back -- I doubt it was actually "Anne" -- and said they would put in the request for me to be paid, and it still took at least another couple of weeks or so before I finally was.

I still get a lot of survey invitations from ACOP, but I rarely qualify for the actual surveys. Most of my accumulated points come from the screener surveys (25 points here, 5 points there, etc.). I recently did a snack diary for them -- for 4 days, with a designated start date -- and it just so happened that I didn't eat any snacks during those 4 days that I had the diary. I didn't plan it that way, but that's how it worked out. So I had no actual snack information to enter into the diary. I added a note at the end of the diary (or maybe I sent an email? I can't recall) telling them that if the diary had begun even a few days earlier I would have had info to add to it. In the past (previous years), if I submitted a diary without info in it they would have still awarded me the points, but this time they did not. I guess they figured that 'no snacks=no points.' Oh well.

I did that snack survey, Sherry, and it was a nightmare for me. On the second day, about half way through, I got a notice that I was using browser buttons (I wasn't). But instead of a "stern warning", it took me back to the beginning, wiping out all the work I had done. So I started over...and the same thing happened half way through. I decided to wait until the next day to complete two days' worth, and was able to get them done. But on the 4th day, the same thing happened, half way through. I was livid. I had to enter "no snacks" for the final day just to complete it. And in the comment section at the end, I blasted them. I've gotten those warnings before, on other sites...even though I don't ever use browser buttons...but I've NEVER had anyone wipe out my work and make me start over. I told them that I had to enter "no snacks" for the final day just to get it completed, and told them that I didn't much care if they didn't give me the 800 points...I was ready to dump them over the length of cash out times, AND contact the BBB. I never got a reply, but I did get the points. But that's about ALL I've gotten lately...that 800, and 20 points for various DQ's.

what i don't like is the surveys don't end up on your list until they put them there.. so if you do one and finish it.. they say you'll get the points but there isn't anything on the list to show that you did anything..

but i'm not sure about their 'hand confirming' everything..

This is definitely my last round with ACOP. My last cashout was some time in mid July, and I'm still waiting. I could write to "Ann Parks" (I doubt that is a real person) about it, but all I would get is the same canned response they always use. Seriously, look ACOP up at the Better Business Bureau, and you will see the canned response literally dozens of times.

ACOP is either painfully incompetent, willingly criminal, or both. I just want to be able to drop them once and for all. Sadly, I'm beginning to think there are no reliable survey companies left. Pinecone, maybe.... but you hear from them once a week. Twice at the maximum.

well the good thing is their surveys pay well.. and they do eventually pay.. i just think of it basically as a savings account.. one that doesn't pay interest :P I've never had trouble actually being paid.. it just takes about a hundred days...

122 days and counting for me. I cashed out on May 17th! I finally broke down and sent them a contact email on 9/9, to which I got the following response:

Thank you for your email.

We will request that your payment be sent from our accounting department. We

will send you an email once it has been sent. They usually process our

requests within 48-72 hours, business days only.

To view your membership page, please go to:

https://www.acop.com/Login.aspx?L=1.

Thank you for being a member of American Consumer Opinion®.

Still waiting...

what i don't like is the surveys don't end up on your list until they put them there.. so if you do one and finish it.. they say you'll get the points but there isn't anything on the list to show that you did anything..

but i'm not sure about their 'hand confirming' everything..

Yeah, I'm not buyin' that "hand confirming" line either. If that were such a necessity, we'd be waiting months for our money from ALL the sites. I can sorta understand cashing a check to confirm you are who you say you are, but beyond that is just ridiculous. And if it were simply because they grew so fast and are swamped with requests, they've had more than ample time to adjust to any increase.

After saying I wasn't getting many invites, or qualifying for the ones I get...I got one this morning for 200 points, and qualified! A horrid Nielsen survey on financial institutions that took forever. Once that clears, I'll have a little over 10 bucks, so I can cash out again, this time with PayPal...but from what I hear, that doesn't go any quicker. So it looks like I'll have 2 cash outs in limbo for months at a time. I agree with you...they're solid about paying...eventually. But this is gettin' real old, REAL fast...

yeah, paypal is no quicker.. i'm sitting on a paypal cashout that is at 101 days right now..

I'm waiting for Paypal as well. I also find it troubling that you can no longer leave any comments on their Facebook page. That along with the lack of email response looks pretty bad to me. :?

for reference, i just got my paypal from GTM after only 10 days.. and usually they're around 5 or so.. there is no reason for ACOP to take 3 months.. put the working system in place the other companies have.. hand verify the ones left out of that so far and it's back on track.. but they're playing perpetual catch up verifying as they each come in..