• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• BluesJunky

• 1957horses

• ksedwar

I cashed out for a modest amount and kept getting the run around. Finally they said the check had been cashed and it certainly was not by me. My bank can't help and I see no reason ACOP would. From their view, the problem is solved. I don't think they ever mailed a check in the first place. I never had a problem with them paying before this but neither can I believe someone took this check out of my mailbox or anywhere for that matter and risked a charge of fraud and tampering with the U.S. Mail for less than $13.00.

I've been a member for over 5 years. Here is my most recent correspondence regarding slow payments:

I have a cash out that was approved for $18.25 on Jan. 8, 2015 via PayPal that I'm waiting for. Could you please check as to why my payment has been delayed.

Thank you so much for your help with this matter,

Ken Fougere

Here is their response, (a canned reason no doubt):

Dear Ken,

Our accounting department is now trying to process payments manually so they can verify the authenticity of each member of the panel and payment they send.

We are now in the process of validating PayPal each member of the group or mailing address information before sending payment. This resulted in a delay in the processing of payments.

Our policy has recently changed for a period of 1 1/2 - 2 MONTHS to receive your payment.

Thanks,

Anne Parks

Vice President

American Consumer Opinion®

To which I responded:

Hello,

Why do have to, "verify, (a member of five years), authenticity" every cash out?

If all surveys were approved before I submitted them for a cash out, what possible reason would it take anyone another two MONTHS to verify the surveys again & send my payment? - :o

Don't you have computers that are programed for that? Some survey sites send payments to me within minutes and some within two DAYS. TWO MONTHS to get paid is excessive.

The only reason for this long delay that comes to my mind, is to collect the 2 months interest on your members earned money. - :x

Ken Fougere

* In this day and age of the ultra fast processing of information, waiting two months to be paid is very unfair to their loyal members . . .

like with Pinecone, once they verified my paypal the fist time it never had to be done again so i don't get their repeated verification here... i can't imagine the labor costs involved for them doing it this way... and honestly I hate to say it but two months with them is a good time period... earlier in the topic we posted all of our cash out dates.. most were over 100 days...

It took 3 months from the date I requested to receive my payment, which is absolutely ridiculous. Requested in October and received payment In January. So no they are still not processing within 1 1/2 to 2 months. I have since unsubscribed. I am on panels that pay same day, within two days, and some no later than 2 weeks. I figured why bother with ACOP when I could spend more time on the other panels that pay out faster and send me more surveys.

Incredibly, my last cash out took 4 weeks and 2 days. Hope springs eternal.

Now, the problem is slow invites. I've gotten less than 4 bucks in the last month.

• 5 weeks later...

Did anyone else get the newsletter/survey about a month ago? It was about changes they were making, if I remember correctly, and saying how everything was gonna be great from now on. But NOTHING was said about how long it takes to actually GET PAID, or how long it takes for something to show up as pending...let alone how long it IS pending. There was a comment section, and I unloaded with both barrels.

I gave them credit for speeding up the payouts a LITTLE bit, but 4-6 weeks is still ridiculous...especially when many sites pay immediately. And I also unloaded about their system of pending credits. All the changes they were talking about were superficial smoke and mirrors, with none of the REAL problems being addressed. I wasn't impressed. And...it seems the volume of their surveys has dropped way off. I've been sitting on 45 points forever. I have some stuff pending, but have lost track of how much it was, and don't feel like looking it up in my records.

I kinda felt good about how they were paying a little faster, but at this point even that doesn't mean much. If they disappeared overnight, I wouldn't miss them.