You Say! Online

truesilver

http://www.yousayonline.com/

Is anyone else familiar with this site? I tried contacting surveypolice to let them know it exists about a few weeks ago, but there seems to be no page for it on this site. Here are my initial thoughts on the site.

They offer a generous $5 sign-up bonus, and an equally generous $2 referral bonus for getting others to sign up (no visible muss or fuss about whether the referral completes a survey; the sign-up itself seems to give the credit). They utilize a points system where 100 points = $0.10 (meaning 1000 points is worth 1 dollar). Surveys reward anywhere from 365 points to 1000 points upon completion, and for the most part are the run-of-the-mill luck-of-the-draw portal surveys you might encounter at other panels. Success rate has been relatively decent with survey completion, consid5 ering that the majority of surveys you will encounter with them come from samplicio.us, a survey dispensing company I'm not too fond of at the moment. You are compensated 25 points (2.5 cents) if they cannot find a survey for which you qualify in a single sitting.

They do not allow you to redeem (or even see the redeem button) until you reach 15000 points. This is somewhat of a red flag for me, as I've had pretty bad experiences with the one other site to implement this rule (askGFK). That said, their points earned per time spent and the value of their points for the rewards available is pretty good. From what little I can see on their site, points at the minimum can be redeemed for Amazon, Chili's, Domino's, Barnes and Noble, Lowe's, Regal Entertainment Group, Old Navy, and Hulu Plus gift cards, or they can redeemed as cash through Paypal. The front page claims there are also "plus many more" possible rewards, but as I said, I cannot verify because of the 15000 point hurdle.

I have been a member since 09/18/14, and at present have a little over 10000 points. Of course, most of that comes from signing up, completing my profile, and referring one person. Survey opportunities were relatively frequent up until last week, and now I might see only one opportunity a day. I'm really hoping the 15k threshold isn't a sham like with askGFK. But what I'm hoping most of all is that someone on these forums has experience with this site, and whether or not it's worth continuing at least until my first payout.

They don't have any direct contact information on the website except for by email and a "Enter your message" system. No phone number and no physical address. That's not good but they also have a mobile research website and it includes physical contact information that matches the website registration information. http://yousaymobile.com/contact-us/

It looks like a brand new company since the website was registered in June of 2014 and I can't find any reviews at all on the internet. It sounds like the owner (James Medick - Turning Point Research) previously founded Precision Opinion (precisionopinion.com - The MRCGroup) but that is another company I have never heard of.

Precision Opinion is a member of CASRO and that's a good thing. I just wonder why he created a new panel that will compete with the other panel he founded?

Thanks for the info. Depending on whether I get a good run of surveys I will probably report back in two weeks to a month with any further info about the rewards offered and the redemption process. At the very least, I'm relieved to hear that the site is connected to organizations with good reputation. I'm off to learn about CASRO now.

Depending on whether I get a good run of surveys I will probably report back in two weeks to a month with any further info about the rewards offered and the redemption process.

That would be helpful. 8)

At the very least, I'm relieved to hear that the site is connected to organizations with good reputation. I'm off to learn about CASRO now.

There are quite a few survey research organizations out there. I think CASRO is the most respected.

It's kind of odd thinking about it. There are survey research organizations who, in part, conduct research on survey research. I wonder if they use surveys to collect data about surveys... :?::mrgreen:

Thanks for that comprehensive review! I've seen Yousay as a portal from other panels before, and I believe the current, (or possibly a past,) Mintvine funnel survey is actually a router to this site. The surveys are sometimes hard to qualify for and I'm guessing it's because they are a portal for several sites so the demographics probably get filled up rather fast, but that's just a guess. I'm not sure the point system you described would make it worthwhile for me to sign up with them as a separate panel, because I've noticed their surveys can go on a bit long, ranging from 10 minutes and upwards.

Please keep us posted if you have any more insights about it you'd like to share as you get more familiar with using it and thanks again! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

A small update. I'm not sure if this is a one-time thing, but on my most recent dq from their surveys, the consolation was 100 points. Maybe dq compensation goes up based on the value of the survey, or maybe they've increased their consolation to bolster panelist encouragement. If it's the latter, that means their dq compensation is now at least as good as Your Word's. I'll edit this if it does turn out to be a one-time or infrequent occurrence.

Still about 4000 points away from redemption at this time, though, so can't weigh in on that just yet.

Edit: Yep. Looks like there's been an increase in points given for dq. Turns out I actually had been given that much once before I noticed it (yesterday, in fact), and today I had yet another 100-point consolation.

• 3 weeks later...

Another small update. I am about 600 points away from redemption at this time. It seems I will need to not qualify about 6 more times before I can redeem (or qualify and complete twice at most). Not a problem, since I get 2-3 emails from them a day. This means that in the next couple days, I should be able to start assessing the redemption process. I can also say that it seems that from sign-up to redemption takes a little under two months, if you're responding to every email they send out. Not bad for a slow-burn site. I would even say that without my jump start from the sign-up bonus and the referral, it should take no more than 3 months at the most per 15$, again not bad for a low-effort panel like this one.

I will point out one suspicion though: I suspect that the increase to 100 points for consolation is activity-based, and not a uniform increase. I noticed that they have a Tips and Tricks section, and this particular passage struck me as interesting:

Survey Completion Bonuses

The more surveys you take, the more you'll be rewarded! And if we see you going above and beyond in answering all of your surveys, we'll give you bonus rewards!

This means that a new user may find themselves starting out with 25 point consolations for failing to qualify; however, if they are diligent and attempt most/all of their surveys either until a completion or a consolation, this number will be increased to 100. This is just a theory. I'd need someone other than myself to try the site out and verify the value of their consolation before I can confirm it.

New update: Okay, so as of today I have reached the 15000 point threshold. I would have gotten here sooner but there was a mysterious drought of survey opportunities after the 6th. I'm willing to chalk it up to coincidence rather than slowing down my payout, though, as the past few days seem back on track. The moment you are above threshold your rewards page will have a dropbox. The options presently selectable in mine are Electronic Gift Cards (which means they do send e-vouchers rather than physical cards) and $15 Paypal.

What is immediately noticeable in your dropbox, however, would be all the Paypal tiers you cannot select. There are tiers from $15 to $100 each separated by increments of $5 (20, 25, 30, 35 and so on). I contacted support about this and am awaiting a response, as it is a very curious setup. What I'm hoping to hear from them is that higher tiers are more point-efficient than lower ones. Even if this is not the case, I can at the very least verify that the threshold does not send you to something like askGFK's terrible reward site.

Depending on the response I get, I may be holding off on redeeming for a couple tiers or redeeming immediately.

• 4 weeks later...

have not really taken a survey from them, as i never qualify, but i do get the 100 dq points. I guess that is how i will cash out, with dq points. anyway, I'm almost there.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I have not had any luck with getting a payment from YouSay! I have been waiting since the 11th, and they have told me on two occasions that I'd get the payment. In a Twitter message on the 17th they said 24 hours, which has come and gone. Its also the case with two other people [that I know of] on Twitter.

• 3 months later...
Personally, I have not had any luck with getting a payment from YouSay! I have been waiting since the 11th, and they have told me on two occasions that I'd get the payment. In a Twitter message on the 17th they said 24 hours, which has come and gone. Its also the case with two other people [that I know of] on Twitter.

Four months now -- are you still there, and what's happened with YouSay?

• 5 months later...

I just attempted to cash out my 15000 points on Saturday night. No payment. All emails to support or the contact link on their page has been ignored as well as my tweet on twitter. Found a phone number for them online and called. Still no payment.

• 2 weeks later...

I reached the 15,000 threshold and the electronic giftcard options were not available. So I cashed out on September 11th for $15 paypal. Theor FAQ'S section says paypal payment is immediate. No payment as of now the 28th of September. I wrote them a message twice and there has been no reply. It is suspicious that there is no address or phone number available?

• 3 weeks later...

All online surveys have a lot of faults, they know exactly what they're doing. Some people benefit, some don't; some online surveys are scams, others are not. We just have to find out which ones seem to benefit you, more than rob you or even waste your time at their benefit and even not..

• 7 months later...

This survey is England's embezzlement and closed with the funds to England. Use your search engine and find yousaysurvey.uk. Your only option is to contact Switzerland and regulations there for the world's communication.