iPoll Tasks

Spazmobot

iPoll is not a new panel, but they've recently implemented a new section, (located under their demographic questions they sometimes ask,) called "Tasks." I've tried a few of the tasks, also called "hits." Amazon Turk is a crowdsourcing site that also calls their tasks hits, and basically, similar to Turk, these iPoll tasks are short assignments you can do to add more money to your iPoll total.

I do like the general idea of having more things to do on a site I already frequent, but does anyone else have some impressions about them yet?

Here's my experiences so far:

--Similar to Turk, these hits can rang from individual assignments for a few dollars, to a plethora of assignment, priced at a few cents up to a few dollars, which if done in quick succession after getting your rhythm going, can be quite lucrative.

--The set up is a little buggy, as in my experience, it doesn't work at all using the Google Chrome browser. When I first tried it, I went into the tasks screen and tried a hit, and the hit turned up blank. I realized later that I had to use Internet Explorer as my browser and then I was able to use the tasks fully.

--Also, I couldn't find where to adjust any settings. Specifically, as on Turk, on these tasks you can supposedly check a box to have the next task load automatically. This is helpful if you're doing tasks in rapid succession, so you can keep the momentum going and get many done in a sitting efficiently. I couldn't find this setting in the tasks screen anywhere, maybe I just missed it, but in one of my hits, it said not to do more than one, and to uncheck the box that automatically forwards you to the next hit. Couldn't find it.

--The view is a bit wonky. Okay, so for the tasks screen, you have one sidebar on the right to go from the top to bottom of the screen. The hits screen is actually a window inside the tasks screen which also has a sidebar, so you can view from the top to the bottom of the window. It's annoying to have a two-sidebar setup like this to need to adjust often to see all the information.

--My task that I did today didn't show up as either pending or received in my rewards total. Usually, in the rewards screen, it'll show you the surveys you've completed and either pending or received. Pending is when they're waiting for the survey to close or have to check answers, etc. Well, the tasks I've done don't show up in completed surveys at all; not as pending, received, nothing. There is no total in the tasks screen either, so some kind of counting functionality needs to be put in place, so I don't have to keep track of all of them myself, which would be soooo tedious! When a site doesn't have some way for me to check and make sure my work got counted, I get worried that if I don't keep track, half of them will be "lost in the breeze," and I'll be doing work I don't get paid for. After all, who wants to work for free, right?

I'm sorry. I know that most of these impressions are critical, and it's a recently new feature for iPoll, so I'm hoping they'll iron out the bugs/issues as time goes on. I don't have too much experience with it yet besides a few hits. For one example, one hit I just did which was comparing two sites. One task I tried to do had about 600 hits available to do, and when I clicked on those to do them, when the hit window opened up, it said the hit was unavailable and to try back later. ??? Like I said, it's a new feature, a bit wonky, but if they get it working more efficiently and intuitively, I think it'll be a welcome addition to my iPoll activities.

Anyone else done any iPoll tasks and have some feedback about it?