Total-end of year

peach6

Not sure why exactly you came to the conclusion that there some cheating involved?

You are exploiting the unwritten loopholes in the rules. For example...

In fact I believe our employees do a lot more searches at work throughout the day than Bing gives credit for.

That's against the TOS.

I'm not trying to tell you what to and not to do, that's up to you. I am saying your numbers are double what is reasonably expected and that is coming from someone (me) who spends a LOT of time doing surveys. Then combine the fact that you are running a business on top of doing surveys? Really?

We aren't survey newbies here and your numbers simply don't add up.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• Savoya

• ksedwar

• footfree

I am saying your numbers are double what is reasonably expected and that is coming from someone (me) who spends a LOT of time doing surveys. Then combine the fact that you are running a business on top of doing surveys? Really?

We aren't survey newbies here and your numbers simply don't add up.

Just out of curiosity I added my 2013 earnings - it was $1134. I used to be a member of maybe 5 panels for a while doing just 2 or 3 surveys a day. I find it very easy to make this much by just filling surveys, wasn't much of an effort from my side, more like a hobby. But last spring our financial situation changed for the worse so I decided to push myself and try to fill as many surveys as I can. I wouldn't say it's easy source of income spending 5-6 hours a day doing surveys but my family really needs the money right now. And yes, we have a family business. I wouldn't say I run it :oops: . My husband is the one who spends there 7 days/week. I just try to help him as much as I can.

I checked mine at the end of year and I earned $5757. I cashed out every survey company that had money for me because I wanted to earn as much as possible for the year. If I cashed out non money items,( magazines, itune gift cards), I add the amount to my list. I don't add amazon GC until spent. We also own a small business that my husband takes care of and I help when needed, so I have a lot of free time. I am a bit annoyed with how much time I spend on the computer but if a survey comes in, I am able to click on it. I don't have kids in the house so that does limit me on the demographics but for some reason I made more this year than previous years. I could not have done this well if I had to work at a traditional full time job also but surveys help with the little extras that we need and might not be able to justify buying. So I just figured the amount I earn divided by days, I average $15.77 a day. Not near enough for the time put in. UGG.

Hi- I am just curious if having a business increases your chances of being eligible for surveys, and maybe that is why you two have made so much money? A lot of the surveys on Mindfield require you to either be a CEO or in IT. Somebody mentioned the magazine surveys on myview, and 90% of the time I am not eligible for them. I think it helps too if you have recently purchased a car, or am considering purchasing a car in the next few months. Yes I plan on replacing my car eventually, but I never buy a new car until the old one isn't worth salvaging. I am not going to tell them that I plan on buying a car in three months when I know I am not. Surveys are a good way to earn Amazon GC, to be able to purchase stuff that I could not afford otherwise, but Amazon GC will not pay your mortgage or your medical expenses. I am just curious if there is anybody over the age of 50 and with no children at home, making $5,000 doing surveys legitimately? I could make a whole lot more money if I lied and told the survey companies that I was Hispanic, 35, and had two kids at home, but I won't do that.

I am also curious how many survey panels you have to be a member of to make $5,000-$6,000 a year.? I could sign up for 30 survey panels, but I would just get overwhelmed doing that. I've noticed that surveys aren't as plentiful right now for me either. I just logged on to myview, and there was only one survey which I DQ on, and so just made 100 points.

If there really are people legitimately making $5,000 and over a year doing the same surveys I'm doing then I apologize for being skeptical and accusatory. I thought I had a good demographic because I do complete a lot of surveys when I put my mind to it. It also means I am DQ'ing a whole lot. Completing a lot of surveys means burning myself out and spending way too much time at the computer. $15 x 365 days = $5,475. That's 7 days a week every week of every month. I understand that focus groups and test products can make up for the slow days but still.

Again I apologize if I insulted anyone. If I did do that well I wouldn't have time to shop, eat or even sleep regularly. Not to mention spend time with my family.

Yeah, I do surveys everyday. I check for the higher paying one first and then will do the others when have time. Bulletin boards and special projects really can add up. I think having a small business helps because we are exposed to so many areas, financial, insurance, equipment, electronics, office supplies, ect. I also made sure to cash out every place that I could. It will take me a long time to build back up to cash out again. This year might not be so good, last year was a banner year for me. Everyones situation is different.

I followed one person via Swagbucks on Facebook last year and they were pulling in $400-$500/month from Swagbucks. She was a college student about to get married. She would post screen shots of her daily earnings so I believe her amounts. Her ability to qualify for surveys must have been pretty good since I was only making about $200/month with them. But I burnt out after 3 months of morning to night GPT clicks and surveys. So, it is possible to pull in $6,000/year.

However, I made somewhat above $2,500 last year from OO, MyView, JDPowerPanel, Tellwut, Bing, and Swagbucks, Pinecone, iSay and a few PTs. But since I'm retired I have all day to take surveys when I'm not doing other things. Lots of clicking constantly morning til night when I'm on the computer. I stopped with OO after September for the most part but not the others. So I could have made more but I'm glad I eased off during the later part of the year before becoming totally burned out on surveys.

i can't imagine doing this to the level of $500 a month while in college.. that's risky and if she doesn't get perfect grades she'll likely regret doing them later on..

When I posted this I didn't realize it would be such a hot topic I was just curious as to how much people are making doing the surveys compared to me.My total was 2,092.70 and I spend 3-4 hours a day doing them but it is spread throughout the day I do errands,cook, clean ,watch tv etc and spend time with my husband anymore time spent on doing surveys would probably make me crazy I belong to 22 sites but only 5 or 6 are what I say are worth the time and are profitable that I get to cash out almost monthly........I didn't think at first someone could make 5,000 or 6,000 doing surveys but have since changed my mine I think if you belong to a lot more sites then me and are spending at least 8 hours a day it could be possible.I just know that I wouldn't be able to because I would be burnt out.I don't always think it has to do with your demographics but giving them the answers that they want. :D:D

I wanna say how interesting this thread is and thank you for starting it, Peach. Not that I'm all that interested in knowing how much others have made, but finding out general amounts and what it took to get there is interesting.

When I first saw the $6000 that Savoya posted, I thought it had to be due to referrals. Then when she said that she didn't have any, I thought there was no way she could have gotten that much. But the more I think about it, I think it's possible...given the right demographic, and the right amount of determination.

I'm in a lousy demographic...62, no kids at home, no gadgets other than a desk top, don't play video games, and don't have a big income. I'm sort of self employed...I propagate plants and sell them...so I do get a few business related surveys. But very few...I DQ as soon as they find out it's a home based business, and that I have very few employees...if any.

I DQ at least 75% of the time...probably closer to 90%. If I had a better demographic, I think I probably could double what I got last year. That would bring my total to $3400. And if I made an effort to do everything that was available, I think I could double that. So the more I think about it, that $6000 amount doesn't seem so far fetched.

My biggest problem is I burn out. And it's not so much burning out from doing too many surveys, it's more from the DQ's. Specifically, the time WASTED on the DQ's...and how demoralizing it is. And once I burn out, it takes me a while to get motivated again.

One thing I've found out in here is that Swagbucks can be a pretty good money maker! I signed up with them months ago, but I didn't like all the nonsensical busy work on there. But to be honest, I'm astounded with how much some of you guys have made on there! I may have to take a second look!

Like most of you, I would prefer cash via PayPal, but I have been able to get quite a few things from Amazon that I never would have spent money on. Not exactly necessities, but certainly things that I can use. I recently got a pressure canner that will end up saving me money by canning all the things from the garden every year. Now I'm saving up my AGCs to get shelving for all the stuff I'll be canning!

Anyway...I hope I can stay as motivated throughout the year as I'm feeling now with the help of this thread. I hope ALL of you have a prosperous new year...

Sorry but I also don't believe it - also you said you only do the surveys worth your time if there's a list on Ipoll - you just do the highest paying but where do you even find that many surveys that pay a lot?? Apart from not having children and not smoking or drinking I think my demographics are pretty good and I qualify for a lot of surveys. Also I put the most amount of effort in I can manage and only make $1000 and something a year.

Also you have kids and a family business and still have a much higher amount than anyone else on here?! And what BluesJunky just said - I get so many invites a lot of days that I never run out of available surveys so I often do do as many that are available to me so it can't be that.

Talking about burn out.Yeah that's real easy to do but mostly because of the DQ's and the survey companies asking the same questions repeatedly.Well that and also having to fight them for the money we earned. For example Ipsos asking the same question like who lives in your house.As soon as they ask me that I want to find the nearest exit.I think their resolution for the New year is to get out of a rut and find more expressive and interesting ways to jazz things up.Not only that, if the survey taker isn't bored all the time maybe they would get better results. I can truly say that these past 2 weeks have been a blessing.I needed a break from the humdrum monotonous boredom of doing surveys and getting mad when I don't get the money I deserve.However I will be diving back in, but the break was a good thing.

I think demographics have a lot to do with it. I don't drink, smoke, have 4 kids, own a business, and skads of other questions that they ask. So I just don't get the surveys like others. I can't even do $400 a year, and I do try. I am taking any and all surveys that I can get, no matter what they pay. I am never able to get into a focus group, so I just gave up trying on those after 2 years. I give kudos to those of you actually making the same amount that I do working full time. Yep, that is what I am making a year, around $6,000. I work for a school. Anyways, if I could make that much doing surveys, I would double my income. Wouldn't that be wonderful. I am very wary though of having to pay taxes on my earnings , my state would get most of it I am afraid.

I look at it this way...I think it's possible to make 6 grand a year if all the stars were aligned. I'll never see it due to my demographic, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I don't see the point of lying about it (although I know people do exaggerate online), and even if they did, it doesn't affect me. I would rather take some pointers for upping my output, if there are any, than just dismissing it directly. Savoya seems to be nice, and certainly responded to the criticism in a civil manner. I'm not sure I would have been so gracious.

And yeah...it is nice to have a bit of a break...let's just hope it doesn't last too long! If I remember correctly, it was real slow after the first of the year last year, and I didn't notice a real pick up until the second quarter in April. I'm just starting my second year at this, so I'm not sure of what patterns there are...except that everybody seems to be cutting their rewards.

BTW...Ipsos is a PAIN!! All the redundant questions, the needless pages to click through, the LOW pay...and those stupid green bars that go on and on until they time you out. I was lucky to pick up a diary on there a couple months ago, and was able to cash out for the first time. But ever since then, I find myself just deleting their invites to avoid all the BS.

Agree on Ilpsos. What a waste of time and to top it off I HATE the "are you sure" question about Poll Predictor!! Does it really make a difference????????????????? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: