Total-end of year

peach6

pretty much similar to me in age and kids.. are your numbers due to referrals or is it totally from survey taking? i don't have referral bonuses as I just take the random survey when i have time.. but i think everyone is interested in which panels you find to be the best and what your methods are.. i just can't commit to 20 or 30 panels like some people.. I have a hard time following the 5 sister sites of Usamp that I have.. but i think i'm limited to around 3 companies right now..

No, I don't do referrals. My numbers are from taking surveys only (except for Bing searches which I also added to my total).

I just went through my earnings and the biggest money maker for me is GTM - $1850/year. Then goes Cashcrate - $985, various online focus and discussion groups -$1100, Opinion Outpost - $600, One Opinion - $480, My View - $400, Ipoll - $200, Esearch - $150 and there are also a few other panels - Mintvine (signed up with them a couple of months ago, could be pretty good this year), Innopoll, Pinecone, Darwin's Data, Directive Analytics, Springboard America, Panel Polls, JD Power (also new to this one, could make a lot more this year with this panel) and Quest Mindshare.

Actually my numbers are only for 7 months. I started spending more time on surveys beginning in May. Before that I used to do just 2-3 surveys a day from a couple of panels ...

But I do know there are lots of people out there making around 20K annually by taking surveys. I just don't have time nor desire to spend so much time in front of the computer.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• Savoya

• ksedwar

• footfree

I'd have to say you are in the sweet spot of demographics based on your earnings from some of same survey companies I do and what you've earned in basically 7 months. Earn OK from those same survey companies but not nearly your dollar amounts.

I've seen Facebook posts from a couple of people on Swagbucks making $400-$500/month so the money is there if you have the demographics and are willing to put in the time on these sites.

yes, having a business and 2 little kids definitely helps me to qualify for more surveys but I think surveys companies mostly prefer participants younger than me

As I have posted previously, you also should be a really good consumer of products both old and new to qualify more frequently. Own/use tablets, laptops, smartphones, go to movies, own pets, etc. Buy life insurance, trade stocks, buy new cars, etc. Just do enough surveys and you get the gist of what kind of participants they want to do their surveys.

I figured out what Savoya makes per day. It would be about $18. On a good day, I can make $20. However, this is rare! I shoot for $10 a day, doing silly stuff like watching videos on Quick Rewards and similar sites and continuously going to MyView and JD Power. I would say MyView is my most successful site. Opinion Outpost is getting ridiculous so I don't know how I am going to keep making what I did. The Swagbucks offers that pay anything over 2 points take forever and never pan out for me. I wish I knew what to do to up my income with these. Any suggestions would be great for all of us.

the problem for me is the time to pay ratio.. i can make $20 per day but how long will it take me to do it? i have a built in survey bs radar that won't allow me to do one that isn't worth the pay anymore.. my Ipoll list is always full but most of them aren't fair paying.. I could do them but it's not worth the time.. if i'm going to commit that much time to being online for pay i might as well figure out how to use the net to make more money than doing surveys.. that's what bothers me..

Right time to pay is a big criteria, another critera to consider is wasted time on DQ's. I will never earn near 600 with OO because of wasted prescreen time and mid survey bonks. I long for the old days when OO was excellent and displayed brown screens. Last I used GTM it was a 50 dollar check payout and my bank was not pleased with the Canadian address on the checks.

I thought One Opinion was a US Sampling site and I do not have the patience needed to collect paypal from US Samplings for low paying surveys. I liked Esearch until I had to start reminding them it was time to pay and and wasting time on an accounting effort because they provide no status list for your work. I think it may be time to get a job at McDonalds or start collecting soda cans around the train station. :?

avemaria, I know what you mean. One day last week I was lucky. I got one from Brand Institute for $5, then a Pinecone and MyView was hopping. I made close to $20. It's so much a matter of luck too. The last few days with the holidays I made almost nothing and there are days even with no holidays happening where I make $5. How much time...well, I am semi-retired. I have my own little business but it doesn't bring in much so I am online a lot. Way too many hours. I also wish I could find something else. I sell on ebay but how much stuff can we get rid of? I don't have that much more to sell. I also do mystery shopping but rarely because that pays beans for a LOT of paperwork and time. I am pretty addicted to survey taking for the past 5 years because like most of the regulars on here, we have it down to a science and know how to make the most in the smallest amount of time. Most of us started with 20, 30 companies and have narrowed it down to about 10. People ask me to show them what I do and now I don't waste my time if they're not going to really be willing to put time into it. If we want to try for $15-20 a day, it's an all day thing, not waiting for invitations but aggressively going to the sites that let you.

I'm just around $1,300, which is the best I have done since 2010. Totals have dropped around $100 per year since then, and then this. Not a bad year; I just wish it was all cash rather than part amazon.

Me too on the Amazon. I don't need more stuff! However, I do need aluminum foil, sometimes vitamins. I have gotten food that I'd buy anyway, things that last like sardines and cereal. I do get my CDs, DVDs and books from there too but I am not rich so I have cut down on that and use my Amazon points for essentials. Would rather have Paypal also! I ask for a Visa card whenever it's offered and again, use it for food, paper towels, etc.

While I am not recommending this....one way to turn Amazon dollars into cash is to purchase small electronic parts with the Amazon dollars. PC memory sticks, CPUs and SSD drives. Maybe smartphone memory chips as well. Re-sell them on Ebay and you get about 70 cents on the dollar. I use small components because they are easy to ship. :shock:

Or you can sell AGC to card pool.Not sure of the trade in value.However what I do with the AGC is I buy gifts for family members during the holidays and or b-days with the codes.I personally hate selling it off and making less just because of what I get paid in the first place from survey companies .Heck you can ask people if they want something from Amazon and then they could in turn give you cash for you using your gift card.Just a thought -I've done that.In fact I got paid by datatelligence with gift codes to Barnes and Noble.I dont go there or buy anything from them.However I got lucky my daughter wanted a movie and they had it so I was able to turn it in.Then as for the rest I sold it to my husband to get a gift for his brother in-law.There are ways around things you just have to get inventive.

I checked card pool, Amazon is not an approved vendor at that site. I think Amazon blocks all card trading sites. But if anyone has been successful with Amazon paper or egift codes at a trading site.... please let us know. I did hear a rumor that next year Amazon drones would be delivering small amounts of cash for your gift card dollars. Unfortunately the vig will be higher than my local loan shark. :lol:

While I am not recommending this....one way to turn Amazon dollars into cash is to purchase small electronic parts with the Amazon dollars. PC memory sticks, CPUs and SSD drives. Maybe smartphone memory chips as well. Re-sell them on Ebay and you get about 70 cents on the dollar. I use small components because they are easy to ship. :shock:

i haven't tried it but possibly also you could use your account to buy a physical gift card (i haven't checked if they allow this) and then sell it on the gift card selling sites..