Focus Pointe Global?

NFriday

Hi- Does anybody do any of the focus groups for Focus Pointe Global? I got an email about a focus group that pays $200, but then I was not eligible. I suspect it was for one of those mock jury things because it was a 10 hour focus group, and one of the things they asked you was if you ever participated in a mock jury, and I said yes, and I got DQ. I think I found out about them through craigslist. They have offices in Chicago and a bunch of other cities. Thanks, Nancy

I have tried to qualify for dozens of them over the last few years and have not been accepted even once. I think, but am not sure, that a lot of them are in person focus groups or clinical trials where you visit a doctor. That's the only reason I can come up with for always being passed over. I'm not in or near a city that hosts those.

I almost, almost got into a focus group with them last year -- it was going to pay with a $220 Prepaid/Pre-Loaded Visa. They pay with actual Prepaid Visa cards when you do something for them in person, but you get the virtual Visa codes when you cash out earnings online (at least, that was how I understood it -- I could be wrong). I think it was going to be a 10-hour day in Santa Monica.

I got as far as talking to the FPG guy on the phone-- he actually called twice -- and I got a follow-up email at some point in between his calls. I missed the first call, but he called back the next day or the day after. He asked me all the same screening questions that had been in the online portion of it (I guess it was just to be sure I was consistent in my answers), and he was starting to give me the details of where I'd have to go and when. However, he asked me if I'd ever worked in a law office. I said no, I had not, but I have "done work for an attorney." Now, to be clear, I have never worked in a law office, BUT I have done some legal typing (informal, freelance sort of stuff) for an independent attorney. The attorney worked at his home and I typed up his documents (along with lots of other non-legal documents) at my home, but that ended at least 4 years ago.

The FPG guy wasn't sure if I would qualify -- even though I stopped doing the legal typing in 2010/2011. If I recall, I think he put me on hold to ask someone, and that someone told him that it was too close to working in a law office. So...I missed out on the $220. :cry:

Since then I have gotten countless emails with invitations -- sometimes the focus groups pay $65, sometimes $75, sometimes $150 and anything in between. I have not been accepted into any of them. Occasionally there could be an online survey as well, but I have only qualified for 2 online surveys and only earned $3.00 between the two of them. I had to wait 3 months to be able to cash out for the $3.00, but when I did I received the Visa gift code very promptly.

So, all in all, I would say that if you are ever lucky enough to qualify and get into an FPG panel/focus group, the pay is very worthwhile. It just seems to be very, very hard to get in!

I was suppose to participate in a $165 online group which was an hour a day for 4 days.... they called me and everything to make sure I'd be available and confirmed all my information. Then last week I received an email stating they decided they wouldn't need me... kinda bummed out :(

I was suppose to participate in a $165 online group which was an hour a day for 4 days.... they called me and everything to make sure I'd be available and confirmed all my information. Then last week I received an email stating they decided they wouldn't need me... kinda bummed out :(

Been there and it SUCKS........................... :roll:

I live in the NYC area and I don't qualify for their studies 98% of the time. I have attended about 2 focus groups with them in the past 7 years, nothing within the last 2 years. Even when I do qualify, I hardly ever receive a follow up phone call from them to confirm the study. I participate/get called for focus groups for some other companies more often. In fact, I just did a study yesterday paying $100 in NYC with some company from Illinois. I suggest going to greenbook.org and sign up for every single focus group company in your area and you are bound to get called for something at least once per month. No guarantee that you will qualify though. Focus Pointe Global is probably the company that I deal with the least.

I did a online tv focus group with them and was paid.I would definitely so a survey or a focus group with them.My only problem with them right now is that they haven't been sending out surveys to do.Last one I received was on the 29 of Jan.Before that I would get at least 2 to 3 per week.Plus on their web site they state that there are 4 stages of screening.(LOL)Maybe these people need to screen for the government sounds like like they do a through job.

• 4 months later...

I have done at least three online panels/communities with Focus Pointe. The first was for $50, the second for $300, and the third was for $150. Yes, they are very difficult to join. You need to do the qualifying survey within five minutes of them sending the email. If you screen past that, you will most likely get a phone call the next day from someone at FPG. You need to make sure you answer this call. This first phone call will basically be all the same questions you answered on the qualifying survey, a description of the panel, plus verifying your address, employment info, etc. They might also ask you open ended questions that have nothing to do with the panel such as "Tell me two of your favorite childhood idols and why you looked up to them." They do this to ensure you will be able to give thoughtful and complete answers during the actual panel. Finally, you may get one more phone call which will be the confirming phone call saying that have met all the requirements and will be able to participate. All this said and done, it will be a little bit of work on your part but it is worth it. They make it difficult and try to trick you on purpose but as long as you are smart and give consistent answers you shouldn't have a problem.

I've had good experiences with them for the most part. There was only one time, they kept rescheduling my group several times, and then when he day finally came, I went downtown, and when I got there, they had no idea what I was talking about, even though I'd gotten notices and call backs confirming. I was kind of miffed that I'd gone all the way down there, and didn't even get a "Sorry, we screwed up." They were acting like I was the one with a broken brain - and I wasn't the only one that showed up for the group that day, so yeah.. Not Cool!

I live in Chicago and they have offices here and in a suburb close by, so there are lots of opportunities, and I've been to one or two and they were fun. I haven't qualified for some time, and it looks like they're paying less and less for focus groups in general, but I'd expect that as a trend. With the internet, there's so much more market research that can be done online, which is much more cost-effective than getting a bunch of people to meet on site.

Something you guys should check out though is sign up for their mailing list - even if you don't live near a facility. Every so often they email surveys and you save up points to cash out. They aren't very often, but every little bit helps!

Hi- I just got an email from them about a focus group yesterday, and I was not deemed eligible. They asked me if I have done any discussions in the last six months. I told them yes I have, and that is probably why I got disqualified. I just did one two weeks ago at the University of Illinois at Chicago that paid me $75 in real cash for one hours work. I just had to answer some questions about how I felt about certain neighborhoods in Chicago. Northwestern University is a lot more convenient for me, but for most of their projects they pay $10 for one hour. I am also doing a dishwashing soap product testing for a place in Skokie that is paying me $205 when it is done in about a month. There is somebody in Chicago that is paying $865 for a medical study, and I tried to get into that one, but it is for people with high triglycerides, and you have to be willing to go off your cholesterol meds for eight weeks, which would not work for me. They pay you $865, and then they also supply you with all your food for eight weeks. There are two different diets that you have to go on. You go on one for four weeks, and then you take two weeks off, and then you go on the second one for four weeks.

Hi- I just got an email from them about a focus group yesterday, and I was not deemed eligible. They asked me if I have done any discussions in the last six months. I told them yes I have, and that is probably why I got disqualified. I just did one two weeks ago at the University of Illinois at Chicago that paid me $75 in real cash for one hours work. I just had to answer some questions about how I felt about certain neighborhoods in Chicago. Northwestern University is a lot more convenient for me, but for most of their projects they pay $10 for one hour. I am also doing a dishwashing soap product testing for a place in Skokie that is paying me $205 when it is done in about a month. There is somebody in Chicago that is paying $865 for a medical study, and I tried to get into that one, but it is for people with high triglycerides, and you have to be willing to go off your cholesterol meds for eight weeks, which would not work for me. They pay you $865, and then they also supply you with all your food for eight weeks. There are two different diets that you have to go on. You go on one for four weeks, and then you take two weeks off, and then you go on the second one for four weeks.

I would have loved to get in that one. I live in Hobart, IN (next to Gary) and was just told a few months ago that my last blood test showed I also have high triglycerides. Wish you could send me the questionnaire................. :?

Hi- The study is at Great Lakes Clinical Trials, which is in Andersonville, 5100 North Ashland. Here is the link. http://www.greatlakesclinicaltrials.com ... olesterol/

It would be a hike from Hobart though. I know there is at least one other person in the Chicago area that posts here though. You would have to go to Andersonville twice a week in order to pick up the food. You are a lot closer to University of Chicago, and they might have some studies going on right now. Most of those studies though usually involve taking meds. and only pay maybe $400-$600 for the whole study. I've done some studies at Radiant Research, which is located at the AMA Building at State and Grand, but the person that used to do cholesterol research there, has moved to the University of Chicago, but when I looked up Dr. Davidson, apparently he is mostly seeing patients at University of Chicago downtown location on Huron. It appears that Radiant Research is no longer doing cholesterol research. I tried to see if UC is doing any cholesterol research right now, but I could not find anything. The lipid clinic there should be able to tell you if they are looking for people for studies. You can also look at clinicaltrials.gov for lists of cholesterol studies in the US, but it is not easy to maneuver the first time. One of my sisters does cholesterol research, and so she helped me maneuver the site.

Hi- The study is at Great Lakes Clinical Trials, which is in Andersonville, 5100 North Ashland. Here is the link. http://www.greatlakesclinicaltrials.com ... olesterol/

It would be a hike from Hobart though. I know there is at least one other person in the Chicago area that posts here though. You would have to go to Andersonville twice a week in order to pick up the food. You are a lot closer to University of Chicago, and they might have some studies going on right now. Most of those studies though usually involve taking meds. and only pay maybe $400-$600 for the whole study. I've done some studies at Radiant Research, which is located at the AMA Building at State and Grand, but the person that used to do cholesterol research there, has moved to the University of Chicago, but when I looked up Dr. Davidson, apparently he is mostly seeing patients at University of Chicago downtown location on Huron. It appears that Radiant Research is no longer doing cholesterol research. I tried to see if UC is doing any cholesterol research right now, but I could not find anything. The lipid clinic there should be able to tell you if they are looking for people for studies. You can also look at clinicaltrials.gov for lists of cholesterol studies in the US, but it is not easy to maneuver the first time. One of my sisters does cholesterol research, and so she helped me maneuver the site.

Well Thank You so much for checking all that out for me..................... 8)

• 1 year later...

Run away from this company! You will NEVER be selected for anything. I really want to sue them for using deceptive methods and practices in getting my information for free.

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica S

Atlanta