Survey Burnout

peach6

Out of the last 7 days of doing surveys I had one good day,one day that was just okay,and then there were five that were crappy........I spend between 4-6 hours trying to do them and I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it. Just Ranthing

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi- I could not see myself doing 4-6 hours of surveys a day. I did not do any for nine days because I was out of town, and then I have been sick since Monday. I finally got around to doing some surveys today, but I have a lot of surveys to catch up on, including all the inbox dollar ones I am sure I am not going to be qualified for, and the Mindfield ones. I also still need to do Valued Opinions, and a few other surveys. I am about ready to give up for today. I am still trying to get over this cold or whatever I have, although I am better than I was Tuesday.

You say you spend 4-6 hours a day, but how much money do you make during that time? I bet it is nowhere near minimum wage.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I spend near that long some days as well, if it's just short 10-30min surveys, I prob make 3-10 dollars in one day. You have to factor in how much time is wasted on surveys that you end up not qualifying for.

• Like 1

I focus more time at focus groups I signed up for first.  After checking

out all the focus groups I'm in then I'll go bother with surveys.  I'm more likely

to be rewarded by contributing to focus groups then trying to get a few cents

or a dollar or so for 1 survey.  I really focus more on surveys when there is nothing

going on in the focus groups I am apart of.  I love the site called Crowdtap, so I stop

by there and burn loads of time because I'm a fan of the site.  Moral of this would be

to focus more time contributing to focus groups and panels...  You'll likely to be rewarded

from focusing at those groups then just answering surveys.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

to focus more time contributing to focus groups and panels...  You'll likely to be rewarded

from focusing at those groups then just answering surveys.

Ah!  I just asked a question about this in the "other ways to make money" section.  I asked how to find the focus groups/communities, and if they're only available via survey site invitations.  I'd love to find some good ones that pay monthly... but I can't find how to do that. Maybe if you see my post, you could help me out, soldoutcreations?   8)    In the past I was part of a few of them (invitations from survey sites) and I enjoyed it a lot more than doing "nothing but surveys."

• Like 1

Ah!  I just asked a question about this in the "other ways to make money" section.  I asked how to find the focus groups/communities, and if they're only available via survey site invitations.  I'd love to find some good ones that pay monthly... but I can't find how to do that. Maybe if you see my post, you could help me out, soldoutcreations?   8)    In the past I was part of a few of them (invitations from survey sites) and I enjoyed it a lot more than doing "nothing but surveys."

The ones I'm on were by survey invitation only.I am a member of gongo's (aka consumervillage.com )and they have asked me to be on a panel for them.In fact you can be on more then one of their panels but I would think you have to be with the initial site for awhile  before the invites will come.You don't need a referral- plus I believe if you are a man it is easier to become a member.You can try them but don't expect to be picked for a panel real fast.Have you tried focus group companies in your hometown?This is where you go to the company's headquarters and do the focus group in person.I have done those in the Austin area and the pay is better just google focus group for the town or area you live in.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went on Vacation this summer to Missouri then Washington DC for a week and didn't keep up with my surveys and can't get back into doing surveys now. I tried to get back into the pattern but little interest except for instagc

• 2 months later...