New Panel: OpinionPLUS

Administrator

• 3 weeks later...

Tried signing up. Never got the verification email. I clicked the "resend verification" button and still nothing. Oh well.

Edit: Wonder if they read here? Verification email just arrived. :mrgreen:

It does not sound right this website OpinionPlus, if I didn't find it here I would say it is scam.

Not only because for the first time (amongst all the survey websites I visited) my antivirus said it was not a trustworthy website, but especially because at the 'about us' it displays general info. Cannot find an address or tel.no anywhere, it is exceptionally anonymous... and does not display any membership logo of recognisable market research etc.

OK Surveypolice gives details of its sister company Op4G, and scamadviser does not give much info neither good nor bad (just the US address). Ok it is new, but I don't think they did their own homework to inspire trust. :roll:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far I did a few short surveys and the pay was fantastic. Obviously need to wait until cashout to really celebrate but there are no decent panels left anymore it would be great if this was similar to Pinecone perhaps?

fingers crossed..

I just signed up, so we'll see how it goes... Here's a bit more info about it for those interested:

opinionpl.us

Min cashout is $10(1000 pts) It's not an instant cashout, they cashout on a monthly basis, so for example, if you make $15 (1500 pts) by the end of June, you'll get your PP for $15 credited at the end of July. The automatic payment to PP claim just means that you won't have to do any process to request a cashout. If you make enough pts, they'll automatically pay you at the end of the next month for them.

Most surveys are 10-15 min, and show up on your dashboard immediately. If it's a survey from a partner site, (which, you're able to tell if it is ahead of time,) then it may take 3 - 4 wks for those pts to show up on your dashboard, so keep track of which ones you do, to make sure none "fall thru the cracks."

You can get $2 (200pts) right at the start, after you sign up, confirm email and then fill out your community profile, which is the basic demographics, and that survey was very short and easy, maybe took a whole 2 minutes to do, if that. Also, in the demographic survey, they ask if you'd be willing to join topic-specific communities or in-home product tests, so I guess there will be opportunities to do more than just surveys in the future.

You'll get emailed survey invites, and they don't say on the site how often to expect them, so I'll hafta update about my experience with that later. There's also a place on the site where it says "available surveys", so I'm wondering if maybe that means, if you login, there might be more surveys to do than just the ones you got invited to, but I don't know that right now.

Yes, it is a very basic site, but sometimes, these are just small companies that don't have a lot of money for prettification, so I won't dismiss it yet. They didn't ask any horribly personal stuff for the starting profile survey, so I don't have any bad vibes just yet. It mostly will depend on whether I get surveys or a huge uptick in spam. If they are just starting out, I wouldn't expect them to have a lot of surveys to do at the beginning. Kind of like OneOpinion, when it first went online, they barely had a survey per week and now they have a bunch. I'd expect something more along the lines of socratic forum, I'm guessing, but it's really all just up in the air right now.

I'll def post more about it, if and when I get more experience with it.

• 1 month later...

Heh. I was just going through the list of survey sites surveypolice tracks, to see if there were any hidden gems in the unreviewed ones. Got to this one; unlike most of the junk at the bottom, it actually looked decent, so I figured why not, worst thing that happens is more spammers have my email, and gmail's good enough at filtering spam, and enough spammers already have my email, that's not the end of the world :D.

Like the first guy, it has now been an hour, and I haven't gotten the verification email yet, so they definitely still need to work on that (so then I went to the internet again, seeing if anyone else had mentioned that, and found this thread). Bet they send them manually, which would bode both great (nobody knows about it yet, so they can probably pay well) and crappy (nobody knows about it yet, so they probably don't have many clients, so who knows if they'll actually have surveys for us :D). Well, we'll see (assuming I ever get that confirmation email.)

Have any of the handful of people who've posted here previously, gotten any surveys from them / gotten any cashouts?

edit: yep, a couple hours later, just got the email. We'll see whether I actually ever get any surveys from them after the initial one. :D

So far I have gotten an email survey invite from them, I'd say about maybe one every few days or so. Problem is, I haven't been able to qualify for any except one, but that hasn't shown up on my dashboard yet, (which, they say that it can take up to 4 weeks for pts to show up, so for now, I'm keeping track of the surveys I do with them so that none "go missing.")

I got credited 200 pts ($2) for filling out my profile. Other than that I've gotten DQ'd every time - and some, it was only an hour or two since they sent the email, so, they must be really selective for the demographics they need. I'll post more as relevant info arises.