Not Getting my $50 for beverage survey

majax79

For 2 weeks I recorded my beverage intake carrying that stupid thing around with me. I did everything by the book and I have proof for every aspect mentioned below. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't record enough beverages but there is nowhere in any agreement that I had to drink buckets, lol. I got this email which is such BS. ITRAC is utter BS and I'd report them to BBB but I can't find a site for them. I've got to stop wasting my time with this crap seriously.

Dear MICHAEL

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to participate in our Beverage Consumption Study. As you may be aware, all surveys are designed with certain guidelines in mind in order to gather accurate and complete information from the participant. If the participant does not meet these requirements, then we must eliminate that data from our findings. This is done to provide a complete and accurate portrayal of the average consumers' beverage consumption habits to our clients so they can take this information and use it to provide consumers with products that they use and like.

Upon further review of the palm that was assigned to you, our records indicate that you did not qualify for the final incentive due to one or more of the following reasons:

* The total number of occasions did not meet the minimum number required.

* The palm was reset to a regular palm upon arrival; resulting in no retrievable data.

* The palm was dead upon arrival; resulting in no retrievable data.

* The palm and all other equipment, as outlined in the "Return Mailing Instructions," were not returned in good-working condition.

* The PDA kit was not returned within 5 business days of the final day of the 2-week recording period.

* A malfunction or problem with the palm was not reported immediately to the ITRAC Help Desk.

Please retain the incentive that we included in your kit as a token of our appreciation.

You may contact our ITRAC Help Desk at 888-280-0728 or email [email protected] for additional information or if you have any questions.

Once again, thank you for your time and participation.

Regards,

Sam Carti

ITRAC Fulfillment Operations Manager

Received a response today.

I didn't record at least 42 total occasions and 500 ounces of liquid in a two week period. I guess I'm not the typical fat American that eats/drinks everything I see.

Make sure if you take this survey to record at least 42 drinks and it needs to total 500 ounces or they won't give you your $50. They said knowing that information beforehand would bias the study.

However, there is nowhere on the paperwork I received that said I had to drink a certain amount. Maybe I'm not the typical American, eating and drinking everything in sight.

Here's part of the email I've received back from Sam Carti at the Itrac Help Desk...

"FYI...We do state on page 5 of the instruction booklet under item #3 "MUST

HAVE recorded data that represents reasonable beverage consumption on a

daily basis."

I responded that...

"Yes, I understand what item #3 says. However, it doesn't define what is reasonable. If I don't drink as much liquid as other people then that's not my fault and I shouldn't lose the $50 because you specifically failed to explain that in written form. If you chose not to use my data then that it up to you but unless you have evidence that I did not fully complete the required items then that would be fraud."

I'm so tired of these companies walking all over consumers after they get our much needed opinions. There are 7 complaints that have been filed at the BBB and they have a rating of F.

I'm filing a complaint with the BBB at

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/market-survey-companies/research-international-in-chicago-il-88082577

Received a response today.

I didn't record at least 42 total occasions and 500 ounces of liquid in a two week period. I guess I'm not the typical fat American that eats/drinks everything I see.

Make sure if you take this survey to record at least 42 drinks and it needs to total 500 ounces or they won't give you your $50. They said knowing that information beforehand would bias the study.

However, there is nowhere on the paperwork I received that said I had to drink a certain amount. Maybe I'm not the typical American, eating and drinking everything in sight.

Actually, 500 ounces in 2 weeks hardly means a person is fat. It just depends on what kinds of fluids they are putting into their body. If a person drinks 8-8oz glasses of water per day, that represents 64 ounces consumed for the one day not including if they add milk, juice, tea, coffee, whatever. It's not the amount of ounces that is necessarily the issue-it's what kind of caloric intake the person is ingesting plus how much they are burning off (i.e. exercising and metabolic rate). But you are right about one thing, the typical American tends to intake far more then 8 ounces per time when they consume liquids- especially with things like soda! :shock:

Anyway, I had a similar problem with another company once. Only mine was to record the number of beverages I had in a week and that included the regular hoopla of how many times a day I drank it, when, how did it make me feel, how many ounces, blah, blah. A tedious task! :roll:

I didn't receive my incentive because apparently I didn't drink enough of a variety of beverages. Well, excuse me, but I only like to drink water and milk and sometimes juice! I can't stand sugary drinks or alcohol! Needless to say, my incentive was never received AND my complaint went ignored. :roll:

I know it wouldn't mean a person is fat. I was just ranting.

Sorry to hear that you didn't receive your incentive either. The company has 7 complaints and an F rating at BBB.

For now on I'm not dealing with any outside companies unless they have a good rating with the BBB.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just done a snack study for them and i'm still waiting for my payment. i was supposed to recieve it last week and didnt. im trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but i think its time for me to conatact them.

• 7 years later...

they are terrible and steal from your kids my son fully participated and they said he dint do 2 entrys a day but yet he did 3 so its just to steal from them do not use them 

I didn't know they still did this survey. I used to like them years ago when they paid $80 for 1 adult and 1 child, I always input the kids entries so there were no mistakes