Survey Choice stole my identity

Paulzzz

After being a member of Survey Choice for a period of time they extracted a sum of money from my bank account and put me temporarily in debt.

Has this happened to anyone before and watch for sites operating through different portals.

That could be a criminal act. You should contact someone but I'm not really sure where you would start since this appears to be a New Zealand survey panel.

If it is this one http://surveychoice.com.au, it says "Applicable Law... governed by the laws in force in Victoria, Australia".

They say "is Free to join and participate in. All you need is to be a resident of Australia ..."

Which I guess you are...

I would be looking for any market research association or similar in Australia, after having contacted them first and asked why they took money from your account.

Anyway, I always doubt statement like this one (copied from link-website I pasted above): "There are heaps of ways to earn money online and taking part in your choice of paid surveys in Australia has got to be the easiest and safest way to make money on the internet."

They also have a fb page.

Something else I just thought of. There is a sub-Reddit dedicated to answering basic legal questions. Real lawyers, people who work in various legal industries and law enthusiasts from around the world will answer basic questions or at least point you in the right direction for specific legal help. https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice

If you ask a question just be sure to read the rules in the sidebar under "Basic guidelines:" so you don't break the rules.

Also this: /r/legaladvice - A place to ask simple legal questions. Advice here is for informational purposes only and should not be considered final or official advice. See a local attorney for the best answer to your questions.