.50 cents for 75 minute Greenfield Survey???

majax79

Did anyone else get an email about a 75 minute .50 cent survey?

I'm assuming that's a typo or they've officially lost their mind.

If you spend 75 minutes on a .50 cent survey then you've got serious issues.

Did you attempt the survey? My guess is you did not, because it seemed like a ripoff.

When you see something that offers pennies for a 60 minute + survey, start the survey. At least try it for a few minutes, and if it looks like it isn't a focus group screener, close it out.

My guess is that after answering a few screening questions about your consumption habits you would have found out that you qualified for a 75 minute Online Focus Group that would take place a week later and you would have earned a minimum of $20.00. Or you would have qualified for something in progress right then, that would have paid only $5.00 (and that is an insult).

FYI - My last Greenfield Online focus group was a 90 minute session that paid $30.00 - the screener for it was a 10 minute survey that paid with a sweepstake entry.

I don't have issues - I have $$$. :lol:

No, but I received an email for a 75 minute survey for a sweepstakes entry!!! :evil: It was from Greenfield. Your attitude is better than mine because you actually gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was a typo. I, on the other hand, immediately thought, "Yep, they are nuts!" Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking the survey world had gone mad! :lol: However, after reading factonista's advice, I am going to see if I saved it. If I did, I'll try it and let you know how it works out! :roll:

I looked in my saved files for the 75 minute survey for a sweepstakes entry and it was not there, so I went to the Greenfield site. I found a 50 minute survey for a sweeps, and two 45 minute surveys for sweeps. I started all three of them and none were screeners for focus groups. Yep, Greenfield is crazy! I was glad I got disqualified early because I got the same sweeps entry for a few minutes of my time, as opposed to 45 or more minutes! Heck with them! I've got better things to do! (Like post my gripes on this site, for example! This is definately more therapeutic!) :lol:

Casey28,

Thanks for looking into that. If I ever come across a focus group survey that is "hidden" by Greenfield I will let everyone here know.

Casey28,

Thanks for looking into that. If I ever come across a focus group survey that is "hidden" by Greenfield I will let everyone here know.

So now we are going to have millions of people taking free sweepstakes surveys because they believe there are focus groups hidden in them. Maybe that's exactly what Greenfield wants you to think. That way they sucker people in and give them nothing.

• 3 months later...

Save yourself, get out while you can. I've had it with these hour+ survey's unless the incentive is well worth the time. I've been stuck on even 30 min. survey's that payout .80, meanwhile survey's that pay MUCH more are being "filled-up" or "closed" by the time I get to them. This Forum is great for me, I'm learning a lot!

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just amazes me to this day, that everyone complains about the offerings at Greenfield and still a member of that panel.

Just like the OTX people who complain, still try their cheap surveys, why? Just to complain about them. Why continue on their panel if you know before you click on the survey, your going to get ripped. If more people would close out their accounts, that would send the signal to these cheap companies that people are fed up with their tactics. Why does Greenfield, OTX use other sites? Could it be that their own web site members are tired of their antics and closed their account? They have few members anymore, that's why they have to use other sites such as, Opinion Outpost, Valued Opinions, the good companies. Then they still use the tactics to keep from compensating you for it. Server error, etc.

Why people still put up with Greenfield, I'll never know. Is that Invoke invite all that important? For a $20 invite to Invoke, you people put up with all this, crazy!!!! Then log in here to complain.

Why even click on a 30 or 60 min survey if all that's paid 60cents or even a dollar? Everyone says that their are better survey companies out there, which there are. But they still hang on to these cheap companies, LOL. Get rid of them.

• 6 months later...

I have ONE thing and ONLY one thing to say on that, "Goes in the Trash" on my email! :lol:

The other day I got a 30 minute 70 point survey from Toluna. Since 3000 points is equal to a dollar, 70 points is about 2.3 cents for 30 minutes. They also send lost of 50 minute 900 point (27 cent surveys) so I don't think there was any typo.

Perhaps people are wising up and not doing free surveys so they think that by offering a few pennies, people who used to do free ones will start doing these. Don't do them.

• 8 months later...

I have ONE thing and ONLY one thing to say on that, "Goes in the Trash" on my email! :lol:

I unsubscribed from Greenfield when they had their own website. Now they come thru other companies. They are a complete waste of time.