Surveys Via Text Message (www.freeeats.com)

Njsurveyman

I came across this on craigslist and wondering if it's legit or a scam? It seems legit because after googling it, I even came across youtube testimonial videos claiming that they really do pay. Seems very similar to the 1Q app, however this is not an app and simply sends you a poll question or survey directly via text and pays instantly via paypal. I heard that they are infrequent though. http://www.freeeats.com

The link you posted points to a "dead" website.

I don't know anything about it at all, but I can say that the url he posted in the body, isn't the same as the url he posted in the title - the former is missing an 'e', "free eats" rather than "free ats".

Yeah, I simply forgot the 3rd E in the initial link.

More importantly, I just wanted to update that I did get $1.00 sent directly to my paypal just for signing up. For those of you who want to give this a try, make sure you link your paypal account with your mobile phone number, or you will NOT be paid. This does not mean just making sure paypal has your number in your account profile. You have to physically link your mobile number with your paypal account. Just google it and follow the simple steps. It will also allow you to be paid in the future by anyone via your phone number in addition to your paypal email. Hopefully, they send me more surveys now. I heard they send out one about once per week.

I only received one additional profile survey to complete from them via text message link, but nothing since then. It has been about a week and nothing else was sent. However, I must admit that I have recently been getting more marketing phone calls.....so not sure about them. I fear they just want to pay you a $1 so they can send your phone number to marketers. I hope this isn't true. I will post if they actually continue sending me paid text messages.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update....it has been about a month since I received any more texts from them. I believe they are only legit to the extent of paying you a buck to provide your phone numbers to several marketers. I wouldn't mind if I was paid 25 cents for every marketer text message, but this does not seem to be the case with this company. So if you want to make an extra dollar, sign up with rhem, but don't expect to hear from them again after that.