What dumb survey questions have you come across

footfree

A survey just asked which of the following am I currently a subscriber to: netflix, hulu plus, amazon, etc. I said I was currently a subscriber to netflix. It then asked what was the chance, 1-10, that I would subscribe to netflix (I said 10, on grounds of I already just said I was already subscribed). Then it screened me out. Why did it ask the second one? :D

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate [brand]?"

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely would you be to recommend [brand]?"

Why are you essentially asking me the same question twice?

• 4 weeks later...
"On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate [brand]?"

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely would you be to recommend [brand]?"

Why are you essentially asking me the same question twice?

Those aren't the same question - there are plenty of brands that I'd rate fairly well, but wouldn't ever recommend, on grounds of either a. nobody would care, it's a fine brand but nothing interesting, or b. everyone on the freaking planet already knows about the brand, so recommending it would be like recommending water or air - I'd just get looked at funny. So I've answered 1 to the latter and >1 to the former on tons of occasions.

And ronmacneil - that's just a pretty typical "are you paying attention" type question, nothing wrong with that. Though I will say, I did get one truly hilarious attention-check question on an mturk survey a few days ago - like usual, it had a whole paragraph with instructions, midway into which was a request to ignore everything above and just type something into the Other box... and then kept going, and a couple sentences later, asked me to also ignore that request and do something else different instead. :D

• 2 weeks later...
which of these 75 products have you heard of..

which of these 75 products have you ever purchased...

which of these 75 products have you purchased in the past 3 months...

which of these 75 products have you actually 'eaten' in the past 3 months...

which of these 75 products will you buy in the future?....

if these products were to become a person, what would they be like out of these 25 characteristics...

Worse are when they ask what have you used in the last 12 months, then the last 3 months, then the last month, then the last two weeks. If they asked what I used in the last two weeks FIRST they would know I used it in the last month, 3 months, and 12 months.

Oh I am getting such dumb ones from My Points ,they keep asking me the same questions everyday .They are so stupid its driving me nuts .Oh and I also hate the ones like do you have kids or are you pregnant .I answer no to them and then they say things like how far along are you or how old are they ? Hmm I answered no and you still act like I said yes .

Oh I am getting such dumb ones from My Points ,they keep asking me the same questions everyday .They are so stupid its driving me nuts .Oh and I also hate the ones like do you have kids or are you pregnant .I answer no to them and then they say things like how far along are you or how old are they ? Hmm I answered no and you still act like I said yes .

I know I was in another survey that asked me if I owned something in particular ,cant remember what, but I put no and it preceded even after I answered I don't own one.I seem to be getting it quite often .I think I have seen that same survey by the same company for the last month.I wont finish it ,I feel like I will be dq'ed and would waste time answering questions that have nothing to do about me.Wish I could tell them what they can do with that survey,hate it absolutely hate getting the same survey over and over.They should have all the data on that by now.

I like those questions abour your job, like "Are you a CEO, CIO, COO or other C-level executive?"

Um, if I were a CEO, CIO, COO or other C-level executive, I wouldn't be doing surveys for a few dollars, would I? :roll:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...