What's up with Pinecone

footfree

If I ever have an issue I email Karen Scott and she is right on it.  This is one of the only ones that I have not had a lot of problems with.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rosiesmom

• footfree

• greeneyeddevils

• episemion

Had a survey last week and a Household Questions this week. However , their site showed as "down for maintenance" several days last week ans has been that way the last 2 days. I had to do the Household Questions from the link , but the site kept dropping out. What should have taken 5 minutes took closer to 30.

Website is down for several days again , no explaination or when it will be back up. I am really getting worried something is up. Hope they are not getting bought out or switching to a different format. I can't believe so few people are saying anything on here. Best survey panel out there and hope it's no going away or changing radically.

I just took a survey yesterday and received my notification that I received credit.  I haven't actually tried to log in, but now that there is more chatter about it, I will try.  You are right, it is down for maintenance, again.  Well, I hope this isn't spelling the end of Paypal.

Driving me crazy that a lot more people are telling what they know about Pinecone. Something is definitely up. I sent an email asking what was going on a week ago and never got response. Actually, l had a credit and cashed out after having to wait a week for website to comeback, but now it looks different and doesn't show your profile or anything and did not confirm my email for paypal when I took cash option. Also, normally I get my paypal the day after I cash out and did not. Only one paid survey in three weeks and not sure when getting paid for that. So anyone... what the heck is going on with Pinecone??? 

Pinecone can be strange about answering emails. A long time ago I didn't receive credit so I emailed them from the contact button on their web site.Never heard back from them so I emailed using the contact button from a survey they had sent me and lo and behold I got a answer.So if you are wanting a answer you could do it that way maybe they will answer and maybe they wont.I got my payment the next day after I requested it.However that was before they the site went down for a few days.

Pinecone's surveys seem to be getting a lot longer, including a lot more pointless and repetitive questions, and even now have the endless grid pages. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they were now a division of Ipsos, because that's what the surveys are starting to look like.

I recently did a follow up survey for a test product that was longer than the original survey was! Used to be that the follow-ups were 3 or 4 questions at the most.

Now that they are back up , it seems that they installed Google's reCaptcha program (Zoompanel is also using it and seeing issues with it). That program seems to have issues with recognizing the current browser versions. Now , when I go to their site , I get a message stating that since I haven't visited the site in some time (was on less than 24 hours earlier) , I need to prove I am not a robot. However , a window comes up stating that I am not using a supported browser (I use Firefox 47.0.1 - the latest). If I close that browser window and go to the site again , the site now knows me with no need for any verification. Definitely a bug in the reCaptcha program.

Now that they are back up , it seems that they installed Google's reCaptcha program (Zoompanel is also using it and seeing issues with it). That program seems to have issues with recognizing the current browser versions. Now , when I go to their site , I get a message stating that since I haven't visited the site in some time (was on less than 24 hours earlier) , I need to prove I am not a robot. However , a window comes up stating that I am not using a supported browser (I use Firefox 47.0.1 - the latest). If I close that browser window and go to the site again , the site now knows me with no need for any verification. Definitely a bug in the reCaptcha program.

I also use Firefox and just tried and got the robot thing also. To be fair though, I don't usually go straight to the site but just click on survey invitations.

Pinecone's surveys seem to be getting a lot longer, including a lot more pointless and repetitive questions, and even now have the endless grid pages. If I didn't know better, I'd swear they were now a division of IPSOS, because that's what the surveys are starting to look like.

I recently did a follow up survey for a test product that was longer than the original survey was! Used to be that the follow-ups were 3 or 4 questions at the most.

I got one of those I swore I was going to have to exit out.The thing with them is you have to remember it's $3 for the original survey and then another for the follow-up so it totaled $6.Was the time worth the $6 and the test product?I know, sometimes  it doesn't feel that way but look at it as a whole not in parts.