Snack diary

seven

Anyone else doing a snack diary where they send you a cell phone that is programmed only to let you do the diary. I have it connected to my Wi-Fi because it is a Sprint phone and there is no Sprint service in my area. Zero. It's been working great though. Each time you make an entry it uploads it when you hit submit.

I've been doing it for over a week now. It's a 2 week diary. Will end on Sunday and then Monday I am to mail the phone back to them. For doing it you get a $35 pre-paid Visa Card. To be sent in 6 to 8 weeks.

I've never done one like this but it's really not hard and I have actually enjoyed it.

Heh, that's crazy, they give you their own cell phone? That seems like it'd cost them a lot of money; why couldn't they just rely on people who have their own cell phones - who doesn't have a cell phone these days?

I'm not doing that (that's crazy!), but I am doing a diary right now for an airline, that wanted me to text them every time I heard or saw a fairly common thing. I was like... no, I don't want to text constantly, that's crazy, I don't have unlimited texts. Then I saw that they admitted, in the fine print, that we could also just visit a web site and do the same thing, which we'd have to visit anyway - I guess they think it's more convenient for us to memorize crazy codes and text them to a number, so we don't have to go back to our computers? Particularly silly, since there's a thing called a smartphone, so we could just as easily visit their website on our phones, too...

When I had the opportunity years ago they would send out palm pilots and they paid twice as much as they do now.I had almost forgotten about palm pilots- boy does that seem like eons ago.

Anyone else doing a snack diary where they send you a cell phone that is programmed only to let you do the diary. I have it connected to my Wi-Fi because it is a Sprint phone and there is no Sprint service in my area. Zero. It's been working great though. Each time you make an entry it uploads it when you hit submit.

I've been doing it for over a week now. It's a 2 week diary. Will end on Sunday and then Monday I am to mail the phone back to them. For doing it you get a $35 pre-paid Visa Card. To be sent in 6 to 8 weeks.

I've never done one like this but it's it's really not hard and I have actually enjoyed it.

Yes I had done 2 or 3 a few years ago, and it paid $35 then also.............................. :D

I've never done one like this but it's it's really not hard and I have actually enjoyed it.

Yes I had done 2 or 3 a few years ago, and it paid $35 then also.............................. :D

What did you think about them? How long did it take to get your card?

I'd like to do more like this. Maybe more will come my way. 8)

What did you think about them? How long did it take to get your card?

I'd like to do more like this. Maybe more will come my way. 8)

Mine was for drinks and through my Survey it took about 3 weeks to get paid but that was 4 years ago................... :D

Thanks guys.

@beare -I got it on http://www.instagc.com

@1947horses and avemaria - Did you guys also have to scan the barcodes on your snacks if there was one? I've been doing that as well.

No scanning, just what I had to drink all day and you had to do 12 of 14 days. It was done on a smart phone that was set to only do the loggings in daily............ :)

Seven.......so this instant gift card site is the actual website who offered you to complete this snack study diary? I never heard of them before. How legit are they? Have you already been paid for doing other surveys for them in the past? Just curious.

Seven.......so this instant gift card site is the actual website who offered you to complete this snack study diary? I never heard of them before. How legit are they? Have you already been paid for doing other surveys for them in the past? Just curious.

There is a topic on the board labeled, "BTW", which talks about the instant gift card site. Seems like you gotta go through a lot of spam to get a few good surveys.

Oh ok. I must say "BTW" is a bad heading to use as a topic. The survey company's name or web address would've been a better heading in my opinion. The last thing I need is more spam, so thanks for letting me know.

Oh ok. I must say "BTW" is a bad heading to use as a topic. The survey company's name or web address would've been a better heading in my opinion. The last thing I need is more spam, so thanks for letting me know.

I apologize. I was very sleepy at the time. :(It is what it is...