Opinion Outpost

wellcraft

I've usually had pretty good luck with Opinion Outpost in the past (with a few minor incidents here and there-like not being awarded points a few times) but lately, it seems like they are getting stingier and stingier about awarding points and pretty much 'passing the buck' when it comes to even investigating reward issues. :roll:

Here's an email I received today after I had finished a survey that took me forever to complete and should have been rewarded for it. I love the way they just casually disregard what I have to say and offer no final solutions; just flimsy self-serving excuses.

We apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Our record shows that you

have not qualified for this survey because of quota shut-down. The required

number of responses needed for this study has already completed, while you

were still attempting to complete it. We apologize for this.

We try to award our panelists with as many opinion points as we can,

however, we can only award points for each completed survey.

We sincerely appreciate your willingness to respond and take the time to

complete this survey and we remain hopeful that this will not completely

discourage you from taking surveys with us.

Thank you,

XXXX

Opinion Outpost Support

Maybe I am overreacting about this email, but I feel annoyed about this. Oh, well........ :evil::roll:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• KBLover

• iceminx

• kit480

I've usually had pretty good luck with Opinion Outpost in the past (with a few minor incidents here and there-like not being awarded points a few times) but lately, it seems like they are getting stingier and stingier about awarding points and pretty much 'passing the buck' when it comes to even investigating reward issues. :roll:

Here's an email I received today after I had finished a survey that took me forever to complete and should have been rewarded for it. I love the way they just casually disregard what I have to say and offer no final solutions; just flimsy self-serving excuses.

We apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Our record shows that you

have not qualified for this survey because of quota shut-down. The required

number of responses needed for this study has already completed, while you

were still attempting to complete it. We apologize for this.

We try to award our panelists with as many opinion points as we can,

however, we can only award points for each completed survey.

We sincerely appreciate your willingness to respond and take the time to

complete this survey and we remain hopeful that this will not completely

discourage you from taking surveys with us.

Thank you,

XXXX

Opinion Outpost Support

Maybe I am overreacting about this email, but I feel annoyed about this. Oh, well........ :evil::roll:

I've gotten that lame email from them too. They are getting worse all the time. Not only that, but it also bugs me all the questions they have you answer BEFORE you even start the actual survey. You get no compensation for answering those questions, ever. :x

qualify for about 10% of their surveys. but they do credit the points right away and they are SUPER fast on their check delivery. Case in point..

Request last check on 4/15 and arrived on 4/19.

"04/15/2009 Processed»Printed»Sent 04/17/2009"

• 2 weeks later...

I've cashed out at least 6 times with Opinion Outpost. It's honestly my favorite survey site because it's straightforward- no gift cards or questional drawings- just CASH.

I've received my check in 10-14 days the last four or five times I cashed out. That's as good as it gets in my experience with online surveys.

qualify for about 10% of their surveys. but they do credit the points right away and they are SUPER fast on their check delivery. Case in point..

Request last check on 4/15 and arrived on 4/19.

"04/15/2009 Processed»Printed»Sent 04/17/2009"

Must be nice - it's always taken me 4 WEEKS minimum for it to get out of "processing" :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Opinion Outpost is the best in my opinion. I have had no problems with them. They pay quick and checks are sent out every Friday. Since November 2008, I have made $236 so far. I only qualify for about 30-40% of their surveys, but they are constisent with sending me invitations. The incentives are fair for the length of the surveys. If you look at your reward history, you will see the dates of checks sent for the past month, and you'll see that the dates are every Friday. Also, there customer service is excellent whether you contact them by email or by telephone. They do answer their phones. I completed a survey and at the end of the survey, there was a technical problem. I call them and they manually credited my account for the survey while I was on the phone with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I really wonder sometimes if companies do penalize people for complaining about them. :lol: After I made a complaint about Opinion Outpost, I stopped receiving survey invites from them altogether and that was 5 weeks ago. :?

I generally have had fairly good success with them and always received many invites each month. And now, I'm getting nada, nothing, pfft! I am sure some of it is due to the economy, but I have to really wonder if it's also due to the ranting email I sent them plus my post on this site. I am not quite sure what to think of this- but, oh, well..... :roll:

I really wonder sometimes if companies do penalize people for complaining about them. :lol: After I made a complaint about Opinion Outpost, I stopped receiving survey invites from them altogether and that was 5 weeks ago. :?

It's been 2 weeks since I've received something from Opinion Outpost. Initally thought was because I was more aggressive in answering daily surveys two weeks ago(I was close to payout), and therefore depleted elsewhere the supply of OTX and Greenfield surveys that Opinion Outpost would have sent me. Now I'm not sure.. I don't remember dissing them, other than listing them in the group of companies that send OTX surveys.

Wow, and I thought it was just me not getting invites. I made over 300.00 last year with them, and it was in the top two of my biggest earners. I emailed them, and said I missed their surveys, a few days later, they emailed me back and said they would refresh my account, and I got an invite last Friday. The invite said I would get 28 points for the survey, but upon completing it, I only got 8 points, or 80 cents. Guess they are getting like some of the others. I really hate that. Guess I won't be making any money there anymore. :(

I have not gotten a survey from them for months now as well. It seems I get less than most as far as surveys for some reason. Maybe its because of the way i filled out my profiles?

Wow, and I thought it was just me not getting invites. I made over 300.00 last year with them, and it was in the top two of my biggest earners. I emailed them, and said I missed their surveys, a few days later, they emailed me back and said they would refresh my account, and I got an invite last Friday. The invite said I would get 28 points for the survey, but upon completing it, I only got 8 points, or 80 cents. Guess they are getting like some of the others. I really hate that. Guess I won't be making any money there anymore. :(

I emailed them and said I missed them, and then got this email:

Thanks for contacting us about this issue.

When you take surveys we watch for many variables that help us determine the quality of the data you are giving to us. In your case, several surveys were flagged with a data concern. After looking into this, the severity of the issues has been minimal compared to others.

We do know that our data quality system is not perfect and that at times there are surveys that don't have issues that are flagged as a possible data concern. We are always looking for ways to improve this process. In aggregate we look at your combined scores and use these to determine how often we send surveys.

You will be receiving new survey invites soon. Please be careful when responding to future surveys. There is a chance you may be set to not receive surveys again due to the past issues. We will make a note on your account and review to see if there are data concerns past this point. Please let me know if you have any concerns about this matter.

Others at the forum at YourFreeSurveys.com got the same message.

Is Opinion Outpost trying out new sensors that are a little too sensitive? I wonder...

After 2+ weeks without a survey, today I got a survey that paid guess what: 8 points. I didn't qualify...

factonista, I rec'd two invites today from OO. The first was a cheesey OTX survey, which I immediately hit the delete button on. The second was a survey about cell phones, smart phones in general, which I do have one. After fifteen minutes into the survey, and 80% completed, when I hit the forward button to go to the next question, the page said I had reached an error, and my request could not be completed. In other words, you have given us all your information and opinions about the iphone, so we are not going to pay you. Seems that Opinion Outpost has taken the road of so many other survey sites. I hate that, I have been completely honest with them, and I think this is a horrible way to treat veterans that have been with this company from the beginning. :evil:

Update- I just got off the phone with my sister in law, and she got the identical same email from Opinion Outpost that you did. Apparently this is their new automated message to everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

This used to be my favorite site, until this yr when suddenly I'm no longer able to take surveys. I earned hundreds of dollars with them-which is why I miss taking the surveys :cry: