Beware of community recruiting on Survey Panels

romain

I am would like people to beware of certains communities recruiting on survey panels for let's say 2, 3, 4 weeks. Survey panels are not aware of this because they are acting in good faith. Some community panels acting on behalf of some companies ask you to join a community for 2 weeks or more, providing that you participate daily for an incentive at the end of a period. For myself, I tend to avoid communities that reward your time with cash prizes. I rather join a community where I will receive £ amounts at the end of a period. And to be honest I have always received my incentives from these communities. However there is community that I join, through a survey panel ( I do not remember unfortunately) last month. They asked members to respond to questions daily (6-7), and that takes around 45 mins for a period of 2 weeks. At the end I was suppose to receive my incentive- well after 4 weeks depite numerous emails, I have no response. So I am left in the dark.

1. First I would like to ask: what do you do in this case? (I really do not remember through which survey panel I was recruited) :?:

2. Do you keep on sending them emails or not ? I have the web link of the community with me (I will list it here if I do receive my incentive in 2 weeks time). I do have names of administrators of the site.

Any advice welcome.

If you don't name the community we can't tell you our experience with it. 8)

Many "normal" survey panels will recruit for specialty survey panels so it is something you will see now and then. I have found that most of them (not all) are just fine and I actually like joining them. They are usually really easy and only take a few minutes once or twice a month to get your monthly reward.

Hello again-Thanks for your reply. In fact I was not talking about survey panels- I am talking about some forums or communities that want you for a short period of time. Anyway, all is well, I received my incentive (to be honest for 2 weeks work it was very generous-it was MASTERCARD). Maybe they have issues with communication that is why I was not sure what to expect. Thanks for reading me. :D

@ksedwar -You are right, that is where you could make most of the money. In 2 weeks you could make 4-6 times what you make on survey panels.

Have a nice day.