Anybody have any experience with taskrabbit?

NFriday

Hi- I was wondering if anybody had ever signed up for task rabbit? It is a site where people that are looking for somebody to do a task for them, are matched up with people who are willing to perform that task. Some of the tasks are being home to let a repairman in, or offering to wait in line for a new iphone for somebody else. People also offer shopping services, and maybe help moving. I was thinking about signing up for this, but from what I have been reading, it takes two months for them to approve you so you can start doing tasks. They also take 20% of whatever you charge, and you bid on a task, and whoever submits the lowest bid gets the task to do. I have seen some negative reviews from people who have worked for them. Has anybody ever done work for fivrr too? In fivrr you get paid $5 for performing a task.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually keep a list of my tasks but I haven't been detailed in documenting the number of hours. I can spend anywhere from 10 to 30 hours a week on TaskRabbit stuff. And you definitely, if you're going to do this work, have to have healthy boundaries. You have to be able to say no to people and know what your limits are because it goes 24 hours.