Tickbox.net Panel Closure

Administrator

We've been receiving a lot of e-mails from members of Tickbox.net. It seems that the panel has closed shop and disappeared overnight.

If you visit their website, you will see a message explaining that the panel closed on December 31, 2015. As well, they have placed "recommendations" for other panels to join, which are clearly affiliate links.

If you were a member of the panel and had earnings in your account, we are almost certain that your earnings have disappeared along with the panel. This is a very unfortunate situation and many users are shocked, angry, and frustrated. Although we're not able to help recover any unpaid earnings (we wish we could!) we do recommend that you don't "bank" your survey earnings. It's better to cash out more frequently, in order to guard against situations like these, and also in case of some sort of a payment dispute.

Although these situations are rare, they do happen, and many people in the UK who were members of this panel are forced to forgo their earnings. It's truly disappointing that the company made no allusions to this over the last few months.

We offer our condolences to the people who were affected by this, and we've updated Tickbox.net's listing on SurveyPolice to reflect the closure.

I ditched it time ago twice, first when I did get nothing in return for filling their mini-survey (prize draws), I restarted when they introduced the reward catalogue (quite bad must say) but realised that following which mini-surveys were rewarded was very hard to follow. So left again. :shock:

Recently a couple of times their surveys appeared hosted by some other panels, so it's a surprise their closure :!:

Once, as I redeemed something with them I'm confident their headed paper with the reward stated Maximiles! I never found connection between them searching online, :idea: it may be that different panels use the same company to dispatch their rewards and someone made a mistake... :cry: .

People owned points should start to email & twit markettiers4dc, or no :?:

I really agree with the advise to cash what you can as soon as possible :|

• 3 weeks later...

I joined tickbox over five years ago and within a few months won a £500 voucher to spend at Marks and Spencers. I informed my sister who told a friend to join. Her friend soon also won £500. My sister won nothing. Over time I had built up over 21000 points, but there was nothing that took my fancy to spend them on. So now although it is annoying to think others have lost out, as well as myself, at least I got something from them in the long run.

Over the years this is not the only panel that has folded and the largest loss was only £11 that I can recall, so it is worth cashing out once you hit a target and do not hoard cash or points on these sites just in case this happens again.  

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out about this too. I did a Crowdology which was a tickbox survey today and wondered where tickbox had gone. I had about 20000 points and was saving up for a good item as well and am really disappointed. Feel very sorry for anyone saving up for the Ipad :( 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I've been away on an extended winter break, I hadn't much thought about which surveys that I had been receiving whilst on holiday with my husband. It wasn't until last night, after I received a SurveyBods survey, which was a Tickbox one, that I realised that I had not received one of theirs of late. Today, I went online to check things out and was staggered to see they had vanished without trace! As both my husband and myself have been community members for years, this came as an almighty shock, especially as we both have in excess of 25000 points each! The only saving grace for me is that just before they changed their points system two or three years ago, I was extremely fortunate in that I won £1000 vouchers of my choice which I requested as Thomas Cook. These we spent on a good holiday in Tenerife for month, so at least I gained something!

I think it is appalling that there is no security or comeback when this sort of thing occurs, especially as folk affected, are just trying to make a little bit of pin money, or save up for gifts etc. Frequently, these surveys itake forever to do and invariably for a pittance. Talk about using and abusing people, especially as these companiues, I would assume, have been paid in full by the people requesting these surveys in the first place!

Very, very irritated and annoyed by this turn of events. Sorry this is a somewhat late in contributing but better late than never I guess.

As I've been away on an extended winter break, I hadn't much thought about which surveys that I had been receiving whilst on holiday with my husband. It wasn't until last night, after I received a SurveyBods survey, which was a Tickbox one, that I realised that I had not received one of theirs of late. Today, I went online to check things out and was staggered to see they had vanished without trace! As both my husband and myself have been community members for years, this came as an almighty shock, especially as we both have in excess of 25000 points each! The only saving grace for me is that just before they changed their points system two or three years ago, I was extremely fortunate in that I won £1000 vouchers of my choice which I requested as Thomas Cook. These we spent on a good holiday in Tenerife for month, so at least I gained something!

I think it is appalling that there is no security or comeback when this sort of thing occurs, especially as folk affected, are just trying to make a little bit of pin money, or save up for gifts etc. Frequently, these surveys itake forever to do and invariably for a pittance. Talk about using and abusing people, especially as these companiues, I would assume, have been paid in full by the people requesting these surveys in the first place!

Very, very irritated and annoyed by this turn of events. Sorry this is a somewhat late in contributing but better late than never I guess.

At least you got £1000 (kind of unfair I never won anything), I had £30+ saved up that I lost so got nothing from them at all over 2+ years

Maybe if we all try to contact them about it, as there sees to be a lot of people this has happened to, they will respond and give us our money? Has anyone tried?

Hi. I am REALLY confused!!

Yesterday, I posted comments about Tickbox. Today, another survey site I frequent, called Panelbase.net sent me a survey (W8518), lasting five minutes, resulting in a 40p return. Heading was 'Lifestyle', to be completed between 25th and 31st March. I've completed the survey and hopefully, I will get paid for same - so who was the survey for? You've guessed it - Tickbox!!!!! So, are they now hiving out their surveys to other sites, who then get them filled in on their behalf, so that EACH of them get a return at the expense of the panellist? We've all been conned and lost our saved points and yet Tickbox are still in operation three months after they removed themselves from the internet!!!! Is this taking the Mick or what?

• 3 weeks later...

I was a member of Tickbox and received an email in October/November 2015 saying they were closing and to make sure I made use of any points outstanding.  Perhaps people don't check their emails regularly enough.

Can I suggest, without being rude, that perhaps you were one of the lucky ones to receive a relevant email at the end of last year informing you of Tickbox's closure as it seems many people, including myself, were not so fortunate and as a regular survey taker, may I also tell you that I check my Inbox multiple time a day, so do not feel that I check my emails at all infrequently.