Scam? Btnglobal?

boxfullofletters

New to site, just got this, ran a search and couldn't find anything. legit or scam?

It went to an account that I have through my university, one that I've never signed up for anything with, nor have received spam through.

from Janice Reed

Dear XXX,

I would like to offer you a challenging and well-paid employment opportunity. An International Marketing Research Organization recruits self-motivated and reliable individuals, willing to take part in well-paying research studies conducted for leading US and international businesses. Your opinion as a consumer is important for the success and profitability of many business ventures. That is why they are ready to pay generously for what you think.

You can earn from $300 to $550 a week for participating in online surveys, focus group discussions, and product/service evaluations. Become part of our Marketing Research Organization and earn:

from $5 to $100 for participating in on-line surveys

from $30 to $150 for participating in product/service evaluations

from $50 to $250 for participating in virtual focus group discussions

For your work, you will need just a computer with Internet connection and a valid e-mail address. You will decide when to work and which surveys to take while enjoying the comfort of your room. If you like the job, you can keep it as long as you want!

If you want to become one of our survey takers, please write back and I will send you more information.

Sincerely,

Janice Reed

It's a fake, letters.

http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/showthread.php?t=30919

Check out the very last post on that page.

I was leaning towards it being a fake before I found that info for 2 reasons:

1. That is a large amount of money for one week's worth of surveys. They would have to be the only internet panel that paid like that and EVERYONE would be flocking to them.

2. They want you to email them so they can send you more info. Almost always a dead giveaway that it's not legit. An honest company would direct you to their site instead of asking you to "write back" so "THEY" could send you more info.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, it just went to a very weird email account that, to my knowledge, has never seen the light of day-a uni account that has been active since january that I've never used-guess it was a random hit by a spambot.

oh well