Global Test Market amazing service

kjthornburg

Today I received an email from Global Test Market confirming a point redemption that I did not make.  I immediately logged into my account and sent a message to customer service from the reward redemption page.  Within 15 minutes I received an answer, the fake order was cancelled and my points were restored.  I am very pleased and pleasantly surprised.  Needless to say, I changed my password.

• 1 year later...

Well, kjthornburt, the point redemption may have been mine!    (Only joking - in reality, the dates here don't tally -  but I'm glad you've posted these comments because they proved that something has gone very much awry with GTM's redemption and account system.  My experiences must not be simply a figment of my imagination!)

I redeemed points last year ( 2016) and a link was sent to me in order to claim redeem the amount via Amazon.  Everything seemed to be going very smoothly but Amazon would not redeem the voucher code and the on-screen message told me that the gift certificate had already been redeemed!  (It had not - not by me anyway)

I sent a message to GTM explaining that there was something wrong with  the gift certificate they'd sent me.  I was sent what appeared to be a computer generated, crib-sheet quoting response which made no sense whatsoever.  It was basically an instruction how to claim gift certificates.

I contacted them again.  This time they responded but with some tale of my account having been "hacked".    They promised to reinstate the missing points to my account within six weeks.  (Quite why they had to wait six weeks to do this was never explained!)

The time came and went with no reinstated points.   Then, in February 2017, I sent them a message asking how long it would be before my points would be returned to me.  They replied, claiming that the points WERE reinstated to me.  And I'd redeemed them!   This is utter codswallop.  

I have considered sending them a message again but I know I'd be wasting my time.  I have no proof that the claim they are making is incorrect.  (How on earth do you prove a negative??)

I've considered closing my account with them.  At the very least, their record systems are chaotic.  At worst, their staff are being rather tricky.

However, in the past they've paid as asked and, other than very, very late screening on some of their surveys, I've had no issues with them.  In fact, they've been one of the better companies.

I've just submitted another redemption but on this occasion, I've kept screenshots of every step of the process.  If I'd kept better records and documentation in the first place I'd stand a better chance of getting back those points they owe me!

I am going to watch to see how this redemption goes and whether they are competent and honest in the future.

On 3/23/2016 at 10:01 AM, kjthornburg said:

Today I received an email from Global Test Market confirming a point redemption that I did not make.  I immediately logged into my account and sent a message to customer service from the reward redemption page.  Within 15 minutes I received an answer, the fake order was cancelled and my points were restored.  I am very pleased and pleasantly surprised.  Needless to say, I changed my password.

8 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Well, kjthornburt, the point redemption may have been mine!    (Only joking - in reality, the dates here don't tally -  but I'm glad you've posted these comments because they proved that something has gone very much awry with GTM's redemption and account system.  My experiences must not be simply a figment of my imagination!)

I redeemed points last year ( 2016) and a link was sent to me in order to claim redeem the amount via Amazon.  Everything seemed to be going very smoothly but Amazon would not redeem the voucher code and the on-screen message told me that the gift certificate had already been redeemed!  (It had not - not by me anyway)

I sent a message to GTM explaining that there was something wrong with  the gift certificate they'd sent me.  I was sent what appeared to be a computer generated, crib-sheet quoting response which made no sense whatsoever.  It was basically an instruction how to claim gift certificates.

I contacted them again.  This time they responded but with some tale of my account having been "hacked".    They promised to reinstate the missing points to my account within six weeks.  (Quite why they had to wait six weeks to do this was never explained!)

The time came and went with no reinstated points.   Then, in February 2017, I sent them a message asking how long it would be before my points would be returned to me.  They replied, claiming that the points WERE reinstated to me.  And I'd redeemed them!   This is utter codswallop.  

I have considered sending them a message again but I know I'd be wasting my time.  I have no proof that the claim they are making is incorrect.  (How on earth do you prove a negative??)

I've considered closing my account with them.  At the very least, their record systems are chaotic.  At worst, their staff are being rather tricky.

However, in the past they've paid as asked and, other than very, very late screening on some of their surveys, I've had no issues with them.  In fact, they've been one of the better companies.

I've just submitted another redemption but on this occasion, I've kept screenshots of every step of the process.  If I'd kept better records and documentation in the first place I'd stand a better chance of getting back those points they owe me!

I am going to watch to see how this redemption goes and whether they are competent and honest in the future.

If both of you didn't, I would recommend changing your passwords because it sounds like someone got into your accounts.