Focusline Surveys closing down

ChookyGirl

Don't know if anyone else has heard this but I just got an email from Focusline Surveys advising me that they are closing.  I wouldn't really care as I only do about one survey per month with them, however what makes me really angry is that about a fortnight ago, they changed the minimum redemption from $20.00 to $50.00.  I was very close to claiming, and now I get told they are closing??  Seems very suspicious to me that they just recently changed the redemption amount.  Looks like they knew the end was coming so decided to drastically reduce the amount of payouts they would need to make.  I think they should do the honest thing and pay people out, no matter what their balance is.  We have faithfully given our time and now we get nothing.  Thanks a lot, Focusline.  Good riddance.

I do not have an account with Focusline Surveys, but I do have one with Only Cash Surveys. Having inquired why I did not have any surveys on my dashboard, They said they are closing 4-25-16.  I had request cash out on 3-31-16 for $50.00 that is pending. Do They have an obligation to give me my money? If they do not give me my money I will go to the BBB.

• Like 1

I too have pending rewards with Focusline. Are they going to honor pending points and payouts. Someone should publish info on the people involved with the site for possible legal action

I too have pending rewards with Focusline. Are they going to honor pending points and payouts. Someone should publish info on the people involved with the site for possible legal action

Jims, they said NOTHING about honoring pending rewards.  That is why I'm so p*ssed off about it, I was close to redeeming about a fortnight ago, then all of a sudden they changed it to $50, instead of $20.  I believe it was a deliberate act as they knew they were closing, to save them paying out a whole bunch of people.  People, who have sat there and given their time, now all for nothing.  I would LOVE to take action against them but have no idea how to, and really, if I only had about $25 with them, so it would probably cost me more than that to take action.  I just wanted to find out if anyone else out there knew anything about it.  Good luck, you can contact them I suppose and ask but I don't think you'll have any luck.

I do not have an account with Focusline Surveys, but I do have one with Only Cash Surveys. Having inquired why I did not have any surveys on my dashboard, They said they are closing 4-25-16.  I had request cash out on 3-31-16 for $50.00 that is pending. Do They have an obligation to give me my money? If they do not give me my money I will go to the BBB.

Grammy02, can you please tell me who the BBB is??  I am in Australia and I'm wondering how to contact them, if they are someone who can help us in this situation?  I believe Focusline have an obligation to pay people what they are owed, after all, we sat there and gave our time doing surveys, now it's all for nothing.  Are they like an Ombudsman/Governing Body of the online survey industry?  In regards to your pending reward, I don't know about pending rewards, but considering they were shifty and downright dirty enough to change the redemption minimum from $20 to $50 just prior to shutting down, I would say they are doing all they can to save themselves from paying out anyone.  You can try and contact them I suppose but seeing as it generally takes a few days for an online request (no phone number of course) and they say they are closing on 25/4/16, I don't like your chances.  Let us know if you ever get it!

• Like 1

Newbie I'm all for it, these dirty dogs should be held to account for their shifty practices.  The simple fact that they upped the redemption minimum from $20 to $50 JUST prior to shutting down should be grounds enough for them to be investigated.  Let me know if you know of anyone we can report them to.  I am in Australia though, not US, so that probably makes it a bit more difficult for me...good luck.

I'm also waiting for one last pending survey to credit....for $1.33....I am 89 cents away from cashing out $50......have tried to contact them but their email address doesn't go through.....it's so frustrating! It used to be one of my favourite survey sites and I used to cash out $20 regularly, now I've been doing their surveys for probably a year at least trying to get to the $50 mark to cash it out as one of the other rewards are suitable for me at all......am wondering if getting the BBB involved is a good idea..........any opinions?

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an e-mail back after sending several begging for someone to help me get my small amount of $9.35 even though the redemption amount is $50. I guess time will tell if they actually follow through or not. Just wanted to share with others who also want to cash out with Focusline Surveys. 

To: [email protected] 
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Ticket#2016042010036619] Focusline closing - No response from you since 4/13/2016

Hello Sheila Manter,

We would be happy to manually cash out your account balance via PayPal. Please provide us the below details:

First Name:
Last Name:
Survey Site(s):
PayPal Email Address: 

SSI Surveys Helpdesk

Also, this is the page that comes up when I enter focusline surveys in the search window today. I didn't send an e-mail to them yet because I received the one yesterday that I copied above, but it's worth a try if you don't get a response from the e-mail like I did: 

Site Migration
The survey panel you are looking for has been shut down.
To gain access to your account details please contact [email protected]

Focusline owes me over a 100.00 dollars and I cannot contact them.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of them,I am thinking about contacting the BBB.

I've gotten my extra money paid from them for OnlyCash and Focusline($43.26 and $24.75). However, I am stilled owed a total of $400 from 8 different paypal requests dating anywhere from March 10th to April 26th. That instantly address mentioned above is where I have been corresponding. I get responded to, it can take awhile. So far they have done as they have said, but I am getting worried about my balance. I emailed them today for a update.

I've gotten my extra money paid from them for OnlyCash and Focusline($43.26 and $24.75). However, I am stilled owed a total of $400 from 8 different paypal requests dating anywhere from March 10th to April 26th. That instantly address mentioned above is where I have been corresponding. I get responded to, it can take awhile. So far they have done as they have said, but I am getting worried about my balance. I emailed them today for a update.

TomMack, wow you must be so angry...$400 dollars in just over a month?  I received my money into my PayPal acct about two days ago from Focusline ($24.30 AUD, i'm in Australia), and that was the only money I had earnt with them in well over a year.  I was lucky to receive one survey invite per month from them, how many were you getting?  I would seriously be chasing them, the email address I had success with is [email protected], don't know if you have tried that one?  best of luck with getting your dosh.

Focusline owes me over a 100.00 dollars and I cannot contact them.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of them,I am thinking about contacting the BBB.

Try emailing at [email protected], that's where I had success, got my money two days ago.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies to me.

I did send them an email and got a response.Had to give them some info tht they should already know.So,we will see.

The thing is this,I cashed out about a month  before I even got an email from Focusline ,about them closing,so there is no reason why they shouldn't have sent my money.

We all pretty much complete these surveys in good faith,so what they have done...is just wrong.

Thanks for the replies to me.

I did send them an email and got a response.Had to give them some info tht they should already know.So,we will see.

The thing is this,I cashed out about a month  before I even got an email from Focusline ,about them closing,so there is no reason why they shouldn't have sent my money.

We all pretty much complete these surveys in good faith,so what they have done...is just wrong.

Michillene, I can't agree more.  It seems with a lot of these survey sites, the rules are all for US, they can do whatever the f*ck they please.  No other industry would get away with not paying people for work or time they have put in, doing surveys should be treated just like a job.  If you put in the time, then you should be paid.  And yes I had to give them info that they already had, don't get that part, but at least I got paid.  I think they probably thought they would see how many people kicked up a stink, if no-one said anything all good, but then I think they saw that people aren't just going to get walked over.  GOod luck, let us know if you get your money.  Have a good weekend.

Chooky Girl

I will let you know if I get the money.Thank you for writng.

I hope people don't let their money go,some people may not want to bother with it,but they should.

You're right,whatever work you do,you get paid and lets face it,you sometimes put tons of time in a survey and get paid peanuts.

And nobody should have to contact them,they should have contacted all participants who they owe rewards to,I think they just wanted to get out of paying.They also gave a link that didn't work.I am talking about the link they gave when you went to their site on contacting them about rewards.Thanks for listening and you have a great weekend too.Will be in touch.