SuperPay.Me needs TOO much personal info

WordSpiller

I signed up with many survey sites as a way to make a few bucks, pass some idle time, and do research for an upcoming article I'm working on. Superpay.me was at the top of my list. I made $1.80 in two reviews and you can cash out at any time. I know some sites are notorious for not paying or hanging onto your money so I tried cashing out. As soon as I did my account was locked.

I contacted them and they said they needed verification of who I truly was before they paid. I had provided my PayPal and mailing address previously. (I live in the US) In the end, what they wanted was a photocopy of my driver's license physically mailed to them (they don't accept proof--such as a utility bill--emailed or a screen shot) and they mentioned they "could need other forms of proof of identity" as well. (Social Security #? Who knows?!) I didn't feel comfortable with this so deleted them from my Top-5 list. 

I just wanted others to be aware of this in case they run into it as well on this site. Maybe your experience will be different. 

• 1 year later...

Offer wall nation, offer nation, super pay me, and revenue wall, etc. all these are owned by the same company.  And they owe me money and always will.  In addition to being banned without any real reason, they sent me repeated hateful emails.  I told the BBB but they are located in LONDON or some other non US place and I don't think anything will ever be done about this.

I used to have all the info but I do remember when they DID pay me it was showing up in paypal from 99ventures or 99 ventures llc

On 4/18/2016 at 9:44 AM, WordSpiller said:

I signed up with many survey sites as a way to make a few bucks, pass some idle time, and do research for an upcoming article I'm working on. SuperPay.Me was at the top of my list. I made $1.80 in two reviews and you can cash out at any time. I know some sites are notorious for not paying or hanging onto your money so I tried cashing out. As soon as I did my account was locked.

I contacted them and they said they needed verification of who I truly was before they paid. I had provided my PayPal and mailing address previously. (I live in the US) In the end, what they wanted was a photocopy of my driver's license physically mailed to them (they don't accept proof--such as a utility bill--emailed or a screen shot) and they mentioned they "could need other forms of proof of identity" as well. (Social Security #? Who knows?!) I didn't feel comfortable with this so deleted them from my Top-5 list. 

I just wanted others to be aware of this in case they run into it as well on this site. Maybe your experience will be different. 

What kind of article are you writing? If it's about surveys or survey panels I and everyone else here could give you some insight.