Spring Board...uh oh! dont look good.

theskyhunter

just got an email from SP. I hate the sound of this news. I do alright with them. but heres part of the message I got from em.

"our new home is MARU/VCR&C. it is with some sadness that we announce our departure from our parent company Vision Critical as 4-1-2016."

they go on to say that that will still have a strong partnership with Vision Critical and all that. they say things will be better actually. mmmm.....well see about that, right? we all know how that goes.

I got the same email.  Doing a little research, it looks like MARU/VCR&C was spun-off from Vision Critical.  MARU/VCR&C was the marketing and data analysis portion of Vision Critical, which now only is a software platform for market research after the spin-off.

Will be interesting to see if anything changes.

I got that last night and my head almost spun around. It might not be bad though. Instead of being bought they are moving away from Vision Critical and going on their own.

Isn't Angus Reid the Canadian panel of Springboard America? I thought they did the same thing not long ago so maybe someone from Canada can fill us in on how it's going.

If you scroll down under this heading you can read what they said about them.Looks like the same set up we use here in the States.Greeneyedevils isn't to happy with them and the length of payout.   Worst Survey Site Angus Reid Forum for redemption
Started by greeneyeddevils, Mar 31 2016 12:41 PM
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't see any difference with Springboard. Many of these companies merge for more money and support so I wouldn't worry.

Sb uk was 'sold' to Maximiles/Bilendi and several people lost money... got some points instead

Sb uk was 'sold' to Maximiles/Bilendi and several people lost money... got some points instead

Didn't know Springboard wasn't just American. Sorry to hear that.

Didn't know Springboard wasn't just American. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks. :)  Yes Vision Critical sold sb-uk to Bilendi. When I said got some points I actually meant ..members had :oops: , I was a lucky one, had redeemed just before and had a few points left, and was already a Maximiles member.

I learned that when c-s changes from 'good' to bad (or very bad), or when the site 'becomes' silent, fb page is not updated etc , something bad is going on. They were still sending out surveys up to the last day before the email with the 'message we have been bought'.

The same I noticed with Effective Opinions, (or even with Ilovecashback), but it's always a guess.

Some members put on a fb page to work out what to do/contact vision critical but... in vain, offered support, my signature and ideas on where to complain. It is always so bad when these companies close down without paying. Points somewhere else are anyway better than nothing.

Some people had £30 or more when for cashing needed £25.

I always say 'redeem', never leave more than the necessary in ones account.

Thanks. :)  Yes Vision Critical sold sb-uk to Bilendi. When I said got some points I actually meant ..members had :oops: , I was a lucky one, had redeemed just before and had a few points left, and was already a Maximiles member.

I learned that when c-s changes from 'good' to bad (or very bad), or when the site 'becomes' silent, fb page is not updated etc , something bad is going on. They were still sending out surveys up to the last day before the email with the 'message we have been bought'.

The same I noticed with Effective Opinions, (or even with Ilovecashback), but it's always a guess.

Some members put on a fb page to work out what to do/contact vision critical but... in vain, offered support, my signature and ideas on where to complain. It is always so bad when these companies close down without paying. Points somewhere else are anyway better than nothing.

Some people had £30 or more when for cashing needed £25.

I always say 'redeem', never leave more than the necessary in ones account.

I have a habit of leaving money in the account before redeeming. You're making me think that maybe I should stop doing that.

• Like 1

I have a habit of leaving money in the account before redeeming. You're making me think that maybe I should stop doing that.

I would say Yes, think if it is necessary or if you can just cash/redeem it. 

Of course, I also wait somethimes eg. £5 paypal or £10 Amazon... if I want amazon

Tickbox is another who left everybody with points with nothing (even if I saw their minipoll delivered still by other companies!). I ditched them much earlier fortunately. They had prizes, I don't like aiming for big items for many points, you never know.

These companies will never reduce the number of points needed for redemption, if nothing else, they will increase them.

I would say Yes, think if it is necessary or if you can just cash/redeem it. 

Of course, I also wait somethimes eg. £5 paypal or £10 Amazon... if I want amazon

Tickbox is another who left everybody with points with nothing (even if I saw their minipoll delivered still by other companies!). I ditched them much earlier fortunately. They had prizes, I don't like aiming for big items for many points, you never know.

These companies will never reduce the number of points needed for redemption, if nothing else, they will increase them.

No, I have never seen a company reduce the amount you need to redeem. Tickbox I've never heard of. Seems there are many I don't know about.