"Prize draw" surveys

oldchap

I get quite a few surveys, but when starting it says "you will get an entry into our prize draw" (rather than points)

Just wondering, has anyone actually won anything from one of these?

When I first started doing surveys about 10 years ago I won $50.But as for the ones now in a word "NO". They have pictures of people and names of people who have won so I think it may be legit,however the odds of winning are like playing the lottery . Actually I think the odds are worse considering you are up against everyone in their database which could be ?Lord who knows how many?I believe it's  just too many.

I would say, from the big public sites, I would avoid anything that offers raffle tickets instead of actual money. Even if people may actually win (I've got no proof either way), your chances are still infinitesimal, so why should you do work for basically free?

For the smaller invite-only sites that offer raffle tickets instead of guaranteed winnings, though, I'm fine with doing those. Guaranteed winnings are obviously preferred, but I'm still ok with it - I have received money from sites like that ($25 from one, $100 from another), so I'm ok waiting for my shot from those sort of sites. Not only are your chances higher because there are way fewer people, but also, they just seem like they tend to be better managed (because there are fewer people.)

I never take sweepstakes surveys. I refuse to work for nothing because your chances are slim to none of winning.

Incidentally, I just received another 100$ (in Amazon) from another different site run by the same people responsible for the 100$ (in Amazon) I won a few months back, bringing my total earnings from small sites that pay in random winnings rather than guaranteed profits to $225 (actually $235 - last Christmas, one of them just gave 10$ to every active participant as a Christmas bonus). And my total earnings from raffles from large sites that have raffles to... nothing. So yeah. I'm totally willing to join small invited communities that random-roll for profits, as your amortized winnings over time are decent, but I treat "tickets" in supposed raffles from sites like GTM and OO as fundamentally worthless. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not expecting to be.