Digital Reflection Panel

jmommy01

While not exactly a survey company....This company wants me to install an internet meter....$25 for installing meter they send you....monies thereafter for keeping it installed....any thoughts on this company or previous experience? www.digitalreflectioncenter.com 

I hooked mine up last week. You "earn" the $25 immediately but you can only cash out at every $50 so it's a bit misleading. It says you earn $25 more for the first device update and that happens "soon" (whatever soon means).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have installed and received the credit of $25 for timely completion of the tasks.

Also the update equipment  $25 bonus to total $50 paypal credit sent via Perks.com

First Device Update - $25
Earned May 5, 2016 ✔ Speed Bonus - $5
Earned April 20, 2016 ✔ Meter Installation - $20
Earned April 20, 2016

Amount received:   $50.00 USD Fee amount:   $0.00 USD Net amount:   $50.00 USD
        You have up to 60 days to refund the payment.   Date:   May 20, 2016 Time:   01:00:00 MST Status:   Completed   Subject:  
Digital Reflection - US PayPal Rewards. Please do not delete or deny.
Custom Note:  
notBobs' Payment Info.......boring.
Payment type:   Instant

• Like 1

You guys do realize that you are basically asking to be hacked by giving a company the ability to monitor everything you do on the internet, right? I know several ITs who will tell you the same thing.  Every  time you log into your bank account online, it is very possibly your password can be hacked.  You could argue and say "Well, it's a legit company".  But, do you actually trust EVERY single person behind the scenes working for that company who has access and sees everything you do and type online?  Not smart at all.  Yes, I was also offered a good paying opportunity to do this same thing through Neilson, but I declined.  They still promised me $5 just for  taking the poll saying that I'm not interested.  So, I'm sure the pay is decent.....but at the threat of identity theft or bank account hacking is not worth it.

• Like 7

You aren't hacked when you willingly give a company permission to track you online. If something happened it would be identity theft. Digital Reflection just has my permission to do what every other website does behind my back. 

My passwords are still encrypted locally and the personal and financial websites I use are still encrypted too. I'm confident my online risk of identity theft or being remotely hacked hasn't changed.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I think it was something like 6 weeks and then yes I was paid $50 through PayPal without any issues. Didn't interfere with my internet.

As soon as I was paid I unhooked it and removed the digital certificates. They have been emailing weekly asking to hook it back up but I haven't and won't for just $5 a month.

• Like 1

I got my device for this site and it took a month and a half just to get my first update, but when I went to complete it, they are now saying the site is having an issue and that if you are searching for the link to complete the update it will not be available. This site is looking to be a fraud/scamming company...I'm starting to regret installing their device and doubt I'll ever actually get to the point of being able to get any cash out of them.

• Like 1

I just read that this company closed it's doors on July 13 when it ran out of money. I'm unplugging my meter but I bet I never get a box or a call to return the box. If this story isn't true I'll be getting an email from them. Found this information on Photonics Media

• 2 weeks later...

Update for earlier post:

The issues with the site resolved and I have since been credited and successfully redeemed my credit for PayPal $50 cash. The payment was processed through perks, which I know is reliable. I got paid within 4 days of redeeming.

The only bad thing is that I believe their device slows down my internet speed. Also, you can't cash out till you hit 50 in credit on their site. I think I'll keep it hooked up for now though.

I've had mines hooked up for 2 months or a little longer.  I cashed out with no problem and

I think the box cause one computer to have DNS issues.  Which cause random

weird WiFi connection errors.  I'm close to cashing out again...

I just read that this company closed it's doors on July 13 when it ran out of money. I'm unplugging my meter but I bet I never get a box or a call to return the box. If this story isn't true I'll be getting an email from them. Found this information on Photonics Media

The article on Photonics Media was posted in 2001: http://www.photonics.com/Article.aspx?AID=9878 and is in reference to Digital Reflection Inc. (DRI).

Digital Reflection Panel is actually owned by ComScore and is unrelated to Digital Reflection Inc.

We have added Digital Reflection Panel to the SurveyPolice directory. Please leave a review if you have experience with this site.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a solid enough site. What they do tell you is that outright, the first month gives you 50 bucks for keeping the device running and making sure all registered devices are up to date. What they don't tell you is that they have a perfect attendance bonus every three months (20 bucks) for keeping the device on and making sure you don't miss a device update. You end up getting 10 dollars a month normally (5 for the device staying on and the other 5 for the device update), and then every third month you can get a bonus 20 allowing you to cash out once every 3 months.

Not including the startup bonuses, you can get up to 200 bucks a year for nearly 0 effort (device is easy to install, once your permanent devices are accounted for, the device update is three clicks and done, and outside of your internet dying there's no reason the device can't stay on.) I started back in May, I think, and I've managed to cash out twice. Third cash out should be by the end of November. It takes no more than a month for the payment to process, and Paypal is an option.