My View - are you nuts?

Not-a-Sucker

You have to wonder if computers taking surveys is that big an issue. I suppose it is since they've implemented these devices to try and prevent computer programs from doing the survey. However, I wonder if there are times when the answers beyond the demographic questions like age, sex, which a robot could do, if they think a computer is still at large because their surveys are so BORING and redundant and the answers are always the one in the middle to get through a large matrix of questions that they think a computer is doing the survey:)

Today I did get a photo asking to click on the trees. I agree with you that it is a waste of time but I don't agree that clicking to say you aren't a bot isn't that big a deal.

You mean you would eliminate all the captchas? :| or unsure "I don't agree that clicking to say you aren't a bot isn't that big a deal."

I don't mind the 'easy' ones,  they are security measures, :shock: but they must not be difficult to do I think.

You mean you would eliminate all the captchas? :| or unsure "I don't agree that clicking to say you aren't a bot isn't that big a deal."

I don't mind the 'easy' ones,  they are security measures, :shock: but they must not be difficult to do I think.

Everyone has their own opinion. I never said the gotcha should be removed. I said clicking on a box saying you're not a bot isn't a big deal.

Everyone has their own opinion. I never said the gotcha should be removed. I said clicking on a box saying you're not a bot isn't a big deal.

Yes I agree that it is not a big deal (clicking on a box saying...) but it has to be easy to do. :-P

Eg. photos/pics 10 of these where you have to enlarge and decide what you see and click the 'right images' ... and if you missed one you've to start from scratch ... can be a real time waster. 

With small screen is even worst. 

Imagine if every sites/surveys implement these hard-to-do captchas. "I don't mind the 'easy' ones" but I do mind al lot these photos kind, for me are a big deal as it takes me time to do them. :|

• Like 1

Yes I agree that it is not a big deal (clicking on a box saying...) but it has to be easy to do. :-P

Eg. photos/pics 10 of these where you have to enlarge and decide what you see and click the 'right images' ... and if you missed one you've to start from scratch ... can be a real time waster. 

With small screen is even worst. 

Imagine if every sites/surveys implement these hard-to-do captchas. "I don't mind the 'easy' ones" but I do mind al lot these photos kind, for me are a big deal as it takes me time to do them. :|

You won't get any argument from me about the photos. They are a real pain and I agree with you on that one a 100% I think the checkbox should be enough to show you are human not all those pictures where you have to pick 3 of them.

• Like 1

All of a sudden today they seem to have stopped the robot testing.

You couldn't prove that by me. They are starting to not do the picture thing that much but still asking about the robots. Maybe you received a few old surveys before they started this.

I was attempting some on SB and I got quite a few with the I AM NOT A ROBOT box.  It takes me just a second to click. 

I'm not against the box I have said that a few times but that picture thing is a royal pain especially when they aren't that easy to see like a store front compared to a house.

• Like 1

We want more surveys.  They are very sparce (sp) lately.  Has anyone noticed?

I get just as many as I've always gotten. Maybe your profile just doesn't fit that many so they don't send them to you.

I really don't quite understand where some say that its one of the highest paying panels. now if you are talking doing a big volume of them/qualifying, maybe. the points per $ is one of the worst around. you need 1400 points to make 1 $. their sister site Zoom pays like it should be, $1 per 100 pts. I cash out at least twice as fast at zoom and they are the same surveys.  sadly a lot of sites don't pay the $'s per pts.as they should. oh, guys don't get me wrong. im happy that you do make good with myview. and I hope you keep on doing so. on another note that's begs another question. why do most all sister sites have different pay/point plans? examples: zoom/myview, GTM/mysurvey, opinion outpost/survey spot, etc. its ridiculous at the differences in the pay/point scales. any opinions on this?

I really don't quite understand where some say that its one of the highest paying panels. now if you are talking doing a big volume of them/qualifying, maybe. the points per $ is one of the worst around. you need 1400 points to make 1 $. their sister site Zoom pays like it should be, $1 per 100 pts. I cash out at least twice as fast at zoom and they are the same surveys.  sadly a lot of sites don't pay the $'s per pts.as they should. oh, guys don't get me wrong. im happy that you do make good with myview. and I hope you keep on doing so. on another note that's begs another question. why do most all sister sites have different pay/point plans? examples: zoom/myview, GTM/mysurvey, opinion outpost/survey spot, etc. its ridiculous at the differences in the pay/point scales. any opinions on this?

They pay different because of mergers where the merge was to leave things like they are except now one company owns both.

• 2 months later...

but that still doesn't explain the big difference in points per time thingy. they should be the same

They leave things as they were so you think they are still the same company and never merged. Like we are blind and can't see that they are the same now.