Has anyone shopped at Jet- great option to Amazon

footfree

Their suppose to be like Amazon but without the $49 minimum shipping fee.When they first started they charged a $49 membership fee but now they forgone that and now have  free shipping at $35.I just put my first order in the past week on a pair of pants.They were  originally $59, however the store had them on sale at $48.20 (Beall's Florida)with shipping if order was under $5o with discounts(which discount code was applied) but because I bought and paid  for them thru Jet they ended up costing me $30.27.First 3 orders they are giving you a extra 15% off.They don't carry as many items as Amazon and not every item may be as great a deal but at least this would be another option.Plus Amazon had these from the same store but here was what they listed the item for .Just thought I would show you it saves to shop.Just know that not everything on their site is a great deal but they can be had.

This is my Jet receipt  for Bealls Florida
     Jessica Simpson Jessica Simpson Womens Roll Skinny Crop Jeans

$37.50
$30.27

This is Amazon- Jessica Simpson Women's Forever Skinny Cropped White Jean

Be the first to review this item

Price: $59.00 Sale:
$35.40 + $4.00 shipping

I have seen a commercial for them on TV.  They state that when people buy their products it lowers the price.  I haven't tried them yet.  Amazon is not usually the cheapest out there.  And now with the $49 requirement to ship free, I am even checking out  Overstock because I paid $14.99 for their membership and I got it back as a reward, so it really cost me nothing to ship free. 

There are so many companies who have lowered the cash out threshold for free shipping that it just isn't worth to shop at Amazon anymore.Target is $25 and Bed bath and beyond is $29 to ship .Or I will wait, a lot of stores offer free shipping whenever a holiday pops up.These stores think any occasion is a holiday and offer these deals quite often.I have no problem with free shipping at $25 .I really do believe that in the long run Amazon is doing them selves a disservice.I don't shop there near as much as I use to.My theory is google until I find the best price.

• 1 year later...

I was going to look at this site until I learned that they are owned by Walmart. That was enough for me to avoid it. I have a family member who worked for Walmart. They would not honor his religious views by allowing him to not work Sabbath, therefore he could not get a promotion. He could not afford the health insurance that was offered for employees. Among many other examples that I could recite.  He had to go to a food bank twice a week even working full time. They do not treat their employees well. Based on my family member's experience working for Walmart, I choose not to support any of their businesses 

• Like 2

We had a new walmart open a few years back.  They found out that the employees were ripping them off more than the customers.  What does that say about a company?  I do shop at Walmart, but I shop other places too, they aren't getting all my money. 

5 hours ago, natofborg said:

I was going to look at this site until I learned that they are owned by Walmart. That was enough for me to avoid it. I have a family member who worked for Walmart. They would not honor his religious views by allowing him to not work Sabbath, therefore he could not get a promotion. He could not afford the health insurance that was offered for employees. Among many other examples that I could recite.  He had to go to a food bank twice a week even working full time. They do not treat their employees well. Based on my family member's experience working for Walmart, I choose not to support any of their businesses 

I did not know that .Yes you are always hearing things about Walmart and how they treat their employees.Like women who have filed a lawsuit for not getting raises or advancements  within the company.Plus their pay is low - not enough to make a living wage from. Since my original post I haven't really shopped there- their prices seemed higher then others the only time I found a deal was near Christmas or the first instance back in June. I haven't made a purchase since then.Sorry to hear about your family member ,I can understand you not wanting to support them.