Counterfeit products on Amazon

footfree

Same here Paulgro.  I do read those, but I learned to read the middle road ones.  The weren't disgruntled with the purchase and I felt I could trust them more.  If there is bad, I want to know it.  Unless there are a lot of bad reviews, I feel like the product might be worth a try. 

You will always find a bad review and when you read it you find it's usually because they didn't know how to use it. I take the average into account and don't pay attention to the "great" or "poor" reviews just the "good" or "bad" ones.

• Like 1

I read a review yesterday on a refurbished item and someone gave it 2 stars because "I was really hoping I would get one that's new".

I rest my case!!!! :mrgreen:

• Like 1

I live in the Chicago area, and they were doing a news segment recently where they interviewed somebody who's Amazon account had been cancelled because she returned too many items.  I believe she returned at least 10% of the items she purchased.  She was eventually reinstated.  She admitted that she did return a lot of items.  I have never had any problems with ordering from Amazon, but I order mostly directly from Amazon as opposed to third party sellers.  I agree that most of the one star reviews that you see being written when 99% og the reviews are 4 star is because the person did not know how to use the product, or purchased it to use for something other than what it was supposed to be used for.  An example would be somebody buying a DVD player, and then giving it a one star review because they could not play their bluray disc.

I received one broken product and let them know. They sent another one before I even sent the broken one back. Can't ask for better then that!

I got an item yesterday via FedEx.  I wash shocked when I picked up the box and it rattled.  It was a tin can type container.  They lid had come off and fallen inside of the bin and it doesn't fit the best now.  I had to pay $6 for shipping on this item.  It was not packed well, nothing to cushion it.  The box was beat up and it looked like it was a recycled box.  I am all good with reusing stuff, but this one had seen better days.  I had also put some items on my wish list from this vender.  I went right in and deleted them from the list.  I can get them elsewhere and not for any more money than Amazon charged.  I cannot wait to get the "please comment on the packaging of your item" email.  They are going to get an ear full. 

I got an item yesterday via FedEx.  I wash shocked when I picked up the box and it rattled.  It was a tin can type container.  They lid had come off and fallen inside of the bin and it doesn't fit the best now.  I had to pay $6 for shipping on this item.  It was not packed well, nothing to cushion it.  The box was beat up and it looked like it was a recycled box.  I am all good with reusing stuff, but this one had seen better days.  I had also put some items on my wish list from this vender.  I went right in and deleted them from the list.  I can get them elsewhere and not for any more money than Amazon charged.  I cannot wait to get the "please comment on the packaging of your item" email.  They are going to get an ear full. 

Don't forget that Amazon is a warehouse and if people complain about the seller, Amazon will take them off their list of vendors.

• Like 1

You're not doing anyone any good by taking a discount in exchange for a review. You're just wasting your hard earned money and helping them game the system.

I've been given stuff to review in the past. You don't get anywhere by reviewing hundreds of plastic/faux letter cases though, the same goes with subpar books and music. My worse experience was trying to write an album review for an album I didn't end up caring much for. The marketing lady wanted this review so badly she was going to give me an entire month to do it after I couldn't manage in a week. I had to, as professionally as I could, tell her I wasn't interested anymore.

And it wasn't so much the time extension that angered me, it was the fact that she was like, "Even if someone previews the music because of your review, that'll be great." No, that isn't going to get that guy anywhere. I did the research - Reviews on iTunes were like, "Oh, more of this garbage from him," and I'd read interviews where even the journalist had no real interest in him and were probably told by the same people to go talk to him.

That literally made me delete the majority of my Amazon reviews I had been doing throughout the years. It's great when you help someone make a decision on what to buy, but it's awful when you get scouted out by people to be their shill.

I know a few people who've gotten their accounts cancelled too. There's too many people in this world that do commit return fraud that the people innocently doing it sadly get caught in it too.

As for counterfeits, people need to learn how to use Amazon as you would eBay - Read the seller reviews, look at what else they're selling, and look at every option on the page. It's so tiring reading article after article about people having problems shopping online, getting charged for virtual currency, etc, when all it is is people not bothering to read anything except the pictures.

As for counterfeits, people need to learn how to use Amazon as you would eBay - Read the seller reviews,

Reviews are tricky and sometimes completely unreliable. The product reviews are for one product but multiple sellers sell that product. You don't know who is reviewing a fake and who is reviewing the real thing.

Seller reviews are unreliable because the vendor will credit peoples money back to make the item free if the buyer who gave a negative review will remove the negative review. I took return credit once for an item and removed a 3 star review. The product was fine it just took way too long for shipping. I immediately felt bad about doing it so I don't think I could get myself to do that again.

I visit a Reddit sub that is kind of busy. There are a lot of vendors there doing giveaways and I have won multiple. It's not fun to give a negative review on a free item but I've done it a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

I have given good reviews and bad ones but only on products I have actually purchased.I will also read up on a  persons past  reviews (from Amazon)just to get a general idea on their thoughts.It does help  me  to form a opinion on how bias that person may be.

Here is a new one for me. I sent a message to a seller yesterday who are based in China because it was 2 months and still no item in the mail. Soon after I get a canned response from Amazon saying the seller "has left the Amazon platform" so I cannot communicate with them. They were allowed to close their store with outstanding orders. It was only $1.25 and Amazon credited my money back but I could have easily lost track of or forgotten about that item. That's ridiculous.

I'm done with China vendors unless it's Samsung or some other large retailer. Amazon doesn't do enough to make sure they treat us right.

Amazon should have contacted you and given you a refund,not the other way around.Bad business to do that.So if you hadn't of said anything they would pocket the money?I know it wasn't much but if they have this happen enough times then yeah it adds up.

Does all of Samsung products come from China?The only reason I ask is that they have a plant near my house I also thought they made and produced items here

in the US.You might want to rethink buying their cell phone I mean the Galaxy Note 7 is being recalled

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/02/technology/samsung-galaxy-note-7-recall/

• 3 months later...

So today is the third time this year I have had an Amazon seller take my money and then leave Amazon ($32). It was also supposed to be a US seller and was listed as Prime eligible items but then the tracking number was from China Post and turned out to be a fake tracking number. I sent the seller a message and got this.

We are sorry to let you know that your email(s) below cannot be delivered. The recipients have decided to leave the Amazon.com platform or are not eligible to receive any further email communications.

Hopefully I can get replacements here by Xmas but no telling. Amazon really needs to do more about the scammers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ksedwar said:

So today is the third time this year I have had an Amazon seller take my money and then leave Amazon ($32). It was also supposed to be a US seller and was listed as Prime eligible items but then the tracking number was from China Post and turned out to be a fake tracking number. I sent the seller a message and got this.

Hopefully I can get replacements here by Xmas but no telling. Amazon really needs to do more about the scammers.

That is really awlful