Harris Poll -how they explain their point system

footfree

My survey said I would be given 15 points even if I didn't qualify but I didn't get it- This was their reply which  has to be  standard .However I remember someone asking why we get 15 points for some and why others we don't  get any so I thought I would post their explanation of how it works.I'm still asking for my points it goes on principal now.Don't tell me your going to give it to me then not do it.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. In order to increase your chances of being selected for an open survey, we now ask you a series of preliminary questions. These questions help us match you to an open survey we have available. There are no rewards offered for answering these questions but they do help you qualify for open surveys. Once we locate a suitable survey then you’ll be quickly directed to the first page of that survey where you will be given details on the length and the rewards for qualifying and completing that survey. You will see this message:
“We’ve found a survey for you! Based on the information you have shared with us, we have the following survey we need your opinions on. Please be sure to answer all of the questions shown. If you do not qualify for this survey, we will try to find another survey for you to participate in today.”

This does not mean that you have qualified for the survey. You will then need to answer qualification questions to determine if the quota you fall into is still available. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to complete every survey we direct you into. You also will be offered the opportunity to try and qualify for another survey if we have any available at that time. Please note that you may need to answer more preliminary questions to help locate another survey for you.

The survey I did for them gave a survey number in the invite, it was worth 100 points.If memory serves me right those are the ones that will give you the 15 points when you don't qualify.

Paulgro - your right double talk at it's best.

The survey I did for them gave a survey number in the invite, it was worth 100 points.If memory serves me right those are the ones that will give you the 15 points when you don't qualify.

Paulgro - your right double talk at it's best.

They seem to have stopped giving the 15 points from what I see. Someone here had mentioned that a week or so but at that time older surveys still gave 15 points for trying and newer surveys didn't. I think when I finally cashout I will close my account there.

Wow, I just love the total non-answer answers we always get. Hey, why did we used to get [x] but now we don't get it anymore usually? Because [a, b and c totally unrelated things that have nothing to do with [x] at all]. Brillant. 

I feel even better about my decision to have stopped bothering with HPO a few weeks back. I was still a bit on the fence, but I think I'm going to tell them to stop emailing me. 

Swagbucks is similar. Up to 10sb from disqualifications per day (1sb per disqualification) but some you don't get anything.

I don't use Harris Poll but all I can say is they are a portal. It's hard to explain what I think happened in your situation but will try.

The survey platform you had been directed to only got to it's "root" system part. Which is to gather screening info about you, log them to your IP address so if you were redirected to their platform another time via a portal, the platform would be able to redirect you to a relevant survey.

It wasn't the case of answering some questions on a paying clients contracted survey (via a platform) and screening out. The questions were on the "root" directory of the survey platform where no survey could be found based on the answers you gave.