[MERGED] globaltestmarket class action lawsuit

dshapiro

Global Test Market - Lightspeed Panel Ripping Off Single Mothers

Posted Jul 18, 2016 by GMILightspeed

A class action suit is being filed against the Lightspeed GMI group of companies. After closing out a single mom's account and not paying her, Lightspeed GMI lawyered up.PRFree.Org (Press Release) Jul 18, 2016 -- After a single mom threatened suit against Lightspeed GMI for closing out her account and refusing her payment, the company lawyered up. Jennifer Klausner of Davis & Gilbert LP sent the single mom a scathing e-mail taunting her that she couldn't do anything about it.

You see, the single mom had referred several friends to the panel and knew the panel known as Global Test Market frequently feigned technical difficulties and didn't pay panelists for participation in these "glitched" surveys. Furthermore, the single mom complained when a payment she received say less than had been promised. Her e-mails went unanswered and her account was closed and points "forfeited". Nobody at the company was able to explain why.

After months of research, the single mom brought together a group of people that complained Global Test Market, a Lightspeed GMI company, had done the same. Instead of paying the small sums to participants, Lightspeed GMI denied wrongdoing, refused to speak to panelists, and lawyered up. At this point, a class action lawsuit is being filed.

If you're a victim of the Lightspeed Group of companies, please contact [email protected] to add your name to the pool of Plaintiffs in this coming class action suit. Please include your state and a short desription of what happened. Also, please include the name of the panel you were scammed on. They do business under a number of names and we'll have a full list of the sites we believe are involved soon.

-- end ---

Ah that's why they're not answering me !!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to log into my account for several weeks and have e-mailed them several times with no responses. Will be adding my name to the list to see if I can get paid. Thank You

I have been cheated out of pay for surveys done with them.I still have the survey invites ,the screen shots saying I would be paid and the screen shot of their site saying I wouldn't be paid so I think I will  join this lawsuit.It's not fair that they don't pay.You cannot let them blatantly rip you off and do nothing about it.

• Like 1

GTM was one of the first survey sites I ever joined, and I quite like them. While the disqualifications are a drag (that comes with survey-taking territory), the payouts were always consistent. I sometimes order a check from them and they never fail to send it to me within 4 weeks. So no, I don't think I'll add my name to the list, not to say those who have are lying. I do wonder what might happen to the company if they lose in court.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the contact info on this. I was also cheated out about $15 when I had an account with Lightspeed. I remember they suddenly shut down my account for no reason, and I never received the money owed to me.

• 2 months later...

My account was just closed out of the blue I had around $100 in points

I contacted there support and they said I had violated their policies but refused any further explanation

I had been a member in good standing for several years with no previous issues

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (They have an F rating by the way)

but they did not respond

They are not BBB accredited so they probably wont respond to them (they didn't mine). Instead I would call them and talk to someone if not then join in the class action suit.But first I would call.I bet you an get it resolved this way.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! I've been a member of GTM for a long time and i just tried to log in. It's now saying my email address is invalid. What the heck?! Any advice on what I should do? Thanks in advance! 

On 8/11/2016 at 9:28 AM, boomery said:

GTM was one of the first survey sites I ever joined, and I quite like them. While the disqualifications are a drag (that comes with survey-taking territory), the payouts were always consistent. I sometimes order a check from them and they never fail to send it to me within 4 weeks. So no, I don't think I'll add my name to the list, not to say those who have are lying. I do wonder what might happen to the company if they lose in court.

I don't think it would benefit anyone to lie. I'm sure they would have some way of authenticating whether someone was a member, or at least I hope they would! It seems that would only be fair to GTM so that just anyone couldn't join a lawsuit against them. Surely this would be the fair thing to do,  but who knows. 

On 11/30/2016 at 9:29 PM, MiMi said:

Wow! I've been a member of GTM for a long time and i just tried to log in. It's now saying my email address is invalid. What the heck?! Any advice on what I should do? Thanks in advance! 

Email them first and see if you can get it resolved - There's a help button on the web site scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see it on your right hand side.If not that then call them.I had this happened a couple of times and they have reinstated my account.

19 hours ago, footfree said:

Email them first and see if you can get it resolved - There's a help button on the web site scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see it on your right hand side.If not that then call them.I had this happened a couple of times and they have reinstated my account.

Thank you for the response! I will email them. :)