Bing Rewards will become Microsoft Rewards

JD

Amazon gift card will change to 525 points instead of current 475. New point system will be 10 points compared to one credit under old system so Amazon card will be 5250 points. See your Bing email for more info. Since I'm on a Mac any points for use of Edge won't be available to me. Oh well.

They are trying to get more people to use the MS Edge browser on a regular basis. Until they open it up to add-ons though I can't see myself even considering it.

Hopefully the points don't stay at 525 for long. They go up and come back down once or twice a year. You could pick up a cheap Windows 10 Tablet on Amazon but it would take a while to recoup your money if it's just used for Bing points.

Well, I will be wasting my time there.  I love how it is now points, no longer credits. So what?  Unless they offer something besides Microsoft stuff, I will have to just accrue points and never spend them.  When it first started they had quite a few nice GC's.  Now, only Amazon that interests me.  I hate new and improved things.  It means "we are finding a way to make you work harder". 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the regular amount of points only X10, but nothing extra.  I don't see myself staying since I won't be using their Edge.  My Mac hates windows stuff.  And I don't want to try and make it work.  Soooo, I may be kissing another one goodbye.  That's OK.  

I absolutely hate the way the points are set up..................................... :(

5 points per click, do they think this is tennis............................................................. -_-

• Like 1

I absolutely hate the way the points are set up..................................... :(

5 points per click, do they think this is tennis............................................................. -_-

Bahahaha!  I love tennis, but I don't love their new system.  I did try installing the new search thing, and my Mac all but convulsed and spit it back out.  Wow, I guess I will be missing out on those searches.  As soon as I can cash out I will and then I might need to wave goodbye to them.  You know when they "fix" or "improve" something it means bad news for us.

Bahahaha!  I love tennis, but I don't love their new system.  I did try installing the new search thing, and my Mac all but convulsed and spit it back out.  Wow, I guess I will be missing out on those searches.  As soon as I can cash out I will and then I might need to wave goodbye to them.  You know when they "fix" or "improve" something it means bad news for us.

I didn't really notice any new search and I use a Macbook. I always hit PC search from the Rewards page and then hit "web" and choose a topic where I get a lot of search topics off to the right under "related searches" and keep hitting those links under "related searches" page after page until I max out my PC searches. Easy peasy unless the link goes to a page with no related searches and then I just hit back arrow and choose another link under "related searches". Works the same as the old way for me.

I didn't really notice any new search and I use a Macbook. I always hit PC search from the Rewards page and then hit "web" and choose a topic where I get a lot of search topics off to the right under "related searches" and keep hitting those links under "related searches" page after page until I max out my PC searches. Easy peasy unless the link goes to a page with no related searches and then I just hit back arrow and choose another link under "related searches". Works the same as the old way for me.

Thanks for the info JD!

• 1 month later...

Well, I have done mobile searches this morning and I am getting nothing but 5 points total.  For all of them, 10 searches = 5 points total.  I think it is time to pull the plug on this time waster. 

October bonus of 500 points for 1000 searches plus I got 500 points for my 3rd anniversary with Bing a couple of days ago. 1000 searches will take 20 days at cap of 50/day. BTW, no issues with mobile search today. Usually takes me 16 days to cash out for $5 Amazon. Still need to see if that will hold with the revised site.